ESPY Award for Courage

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I was more than a bit disappointed in the ESPY's last night. I was channel surfing a bit and I saw this VERY masculine looking and sounding "woman" giving a speech. I honestly thought for a moment I had managed to find Rue Paul's Drag Race. Then it dawned on me what was going on. A politically correct/popular award for elective surgery.

Seems to me that miss Lauren Hill was much more courageous to battle a brain tumor so that she could play basketball. She lived to play the game one more time but lost her battle to cancer in April of this year.

Breathe

I find it puzzling that they gave an award for courage to a man who did not have the courage to remain a man.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A sham reflective of the general moral vacuum. Having mostly won the field, secularism is discovering the problem of attempting to define without a dictionary. Anything can be noble and courageous...so ultimately nothing can be, meaningfully.

In the long haul, it's probably the best thing that can happen to our society. At some point we'll be forced to define if only so we can stop mumbling and pointing and note what is and isn't of value in our culture.

bybee

A sham reflective of the general moral vacuum. Having mostly won the field, secularism is discovering the problem of attempting to define without a dictionary. Anything can be noble and courageous...so ultimately nothing can be, meaningfully.

In the long haul, it's probably the best thing that can happen to our society. At some point we'll be forced to define if only so we can stop mumbling and pointing and note what is and isn't of value in our culture.

Exactly! Everyone gets a Blue Ribbon. No one has hurt feelings. And we are, thereby, pandering to the lowest common denominator.
Without striving toward excellence what becomes of a society?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I was more than a bit disappointed in the ESPY's last night. I was channel surfing a bit and I saw this VERY masculine looking and sounding "woman" giving a speech. I honestly thought for a moment I had managed to find Rue Paul's Drag Race. Then it dawned on me what was going on. A politically correct/popular award for elective surgery.

Seems to me that miss Lauren Hill was much more courageous to battle a brain tumor so that she could play basketball. She lived to play the game one more time but lost her battle to cancer in April of this year.

:up: