Embracing the Gospel Alone as Your Only Means of Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
We're still waiting for you to produce the biblical text which states that "Only words that specifically appear in the Bible may be used bu Christians to express their beliefs." Chapter-and-verse, please.

The Bible is a witness to Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

What are you going to build your faith on if it is not the scriptures?

This is your problem, you want to believe what some one wrote that has no authority.

Cruciform

The Bible is a witness to Jesus Christ and his Gospel.What are you going to build your faith on if it is not the scriptures?This is your problem, you want to believe what some one wrote that has no authority.
Still waiting for your answer to Post #79.

Cruciform

Your dreaming. The apostles wrote long before there was a Catholic church.
Your ignorance of history is showing. By the end of the 1st century, Christ's one historic Church was already being commonly referred to as "the Catholic Church." Try again.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only truth that any Christian has had for the past two millennia has come from Christ's one historic Church. This is evident in the New Testament itself (e.g., Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6), so it's odd that this seems to surprise you.

The teaching I adhere to comes straight out of scripture;

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Cruciform

The teaching I adhere to comes straight out of scripture;

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Me too. How do you imagine this verse in any way contradicts the Catholic position?

Cruciform

Why would you need a church s position? I thought that your position was based solely on the Church?
Yes, the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, whose teachings Jesus equates with his very own teachings in truth and authority (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15), so that what the Church teaches Jesus teaches, and vice versa.

Again:
"How do you imagine that 2 Tim. 3:16-17 in any way contradicts the Catholic position?"

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, whose teachings Jesus equates with his very own teachings in truth and authority (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15), so that what the Church teaches Jesus teaches, and vice versa.

Again:
"How do you imagine that 2 Tim. 3:16-17 in any way contradicts the Catholic position?"

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

It is a verse that embraces Sola Scriptura which is unacceptable to the Catholic Church.

Cruciform

Rebuttal from a Catholic Website. :kookoo: :rotfl:
Did you actually expect a rebuttal from a sola scriptura Protestant website? :kookoo: :rotfl:

If you disagree with my source, feel free to actually disprove the information provided in Post #91 above. Give it a try.

Would you even come close to accepting that scripture alone as truth.
If it were actually taught in the New Testament, and weren't a directly self-refuting proposition, I would be more than happy to embrace sola scriptura (again). As it stands, no one in the first fifteen centuries of Christian history believed or taught any such notion, nor is it taught anywhere in the Bible itself. (See Post #91 above.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
Did you actually expect a rebuttal from a sola scriptura Protestant website? :kookoo: :rotfl:

If you disagree with my source, feel free to actually disprove the information provided in Post #91 above. Give it a try.

If it were actually taught in the New Testament, and weren't a directly self-refuting proposition, I would be more than happy to embrace sola scriptura (again). As it stands, no one in the first fifteen centuries of Christian history believed or taught any such notion, nor is it taught anywhere in the Bible itself. (See Post #91 above.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

What about 2 Timothy 3:14-17.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus preached the coming/already here Kingdom of God in parables.

It seems to me that this should be our standard.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus preached the coming/already here Kingdom of God in parables.

It seems to me that this should be our standard.

The "Kingdom Gospel" is not the same Gospel that Paul preached.

The Gospel that Paul preached is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus did not preach that Gospel. He left it up to the apostles.

beloved57

The "Kingdom Gospel" is not the same Gospel that Paul preached.

The Gospel that Paul preached is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus did not preach that Gospel. He left it up to the apostles.

Invalid comment!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Paul said that the Gospel... "Is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes" Romans 1:16.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is all that one needs to be saved. Faith in Christ and his Gospel is the entrance into eternal life. Religion, whether it be the Calvinist religion or the Catholic religion or whatever religion is not the way. Religion is the broadway that leads to destruction and "Many there be that go that way" Matthew 7:13.

There was no religion in the early church. What there was, was people that wanted to live according to rules and laws. Paul was continually preaching against living this way. Paul taught that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. and not by rules and laws. To live by faith is to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

It is not the Gospel plus Calvinism or The Gospel plus Catholicism. It is the Gospel plus nothing. Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, "Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost, that come unto God by Jesus Christ" Hebrews 7:25.

Is your religion able to save you to the uttermost? Religion is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. There is no Spirit in religion. Religion is anti-Christ and anti-Gospel. The Holy Spirit is only given to those who are trusting in Christ and his Gospel for their salvation. "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Religion) or by the hearing of faith" Galatians 3:2. Which is the Gospel.
Paul’s theology was his own interpretation of the crucifixion and resurrection.

Twenty years before Paul was Jesus. We should go to the source for historical truth, not the later interpretations of that source.