ECT Einstein's theory of Creation clears confusion!

6days

iamberean said:
6days said:
Your thread is just another attempt at adding confusion to scripture.....it's another attempt at adding death before sin....and your thread is another attempt at destroying the purpose of Christ's physical death and resurrection.
we know that one day with God is as a thousand years. Thousand is an unknown until it is written with a qualifier, such as 1, 2, 3 etc.
You are deceived and you try deceive and confuse others.
The word 'day' (yom) can also be an undetermined amount of time...DEPENDING ON CONTEXT.
The word 'day' can also be a 24 hour period... DEPENDING ON CONTEXT.
And, as you say with the word 'thousand' ....there are many qualifiers in Genesis 1 that eliminates any possible interpretation other than a 24 hour day.
iamberean said:
Since, at the time of creation, it was without form and void, so if humans had been there to watch there would have been thousands or even millions of years in a day.
Perhaps so...in your perverted and confused belief system.but God's Word tells us that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void...God said let there be light, and there was light. ...God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and morning, one day"

Then.. God took 5 more days continuing to form and fill the earth.
iamberean said:
If it makes sense, it is probably true. Is it easier to believe that God put bones of all sort in the earth that never lived or Einstein's version.
I believe in God's version... Not your attempts at confusing and perverting scripture.

6days

I agree fully. However, their understanding could not have included all the modern interpretations of today. One of the golden rules of hermeneutics is to interpret historically. When God gave the writer the revelation of creation; how did HE intend it to be understood? They knew the Hebrew just as well if not better than us. We may have over complicated matters somewhat. Well, that's my feeling anyhow. ��

Pete ��
Traditionally Christians have believed that God created in 6 normal days as we now experience. The Hebrew does not allow any interpretation except for 24 hour days. However, there have always been some Christians who wanted, or were willing to compromise on what scripture says.

Your comments are correct....if iamberean and his new belief system is correct then for thousands of years nobody understood the Bible, nor the gospel, correctly. The new and confusing belief system being promoted in this thread places death before sin and destroys the purpose of Christs physical death and resurrection.

There are many many examples of early Christians and even Christ a Himself places humans existing at the beginning...not millions or billions of years later.
Examples...
"Haven't you read the Scriptures?" Jesus replied. "They record that from the beginning 'God made them male and female.' Matt. 19:4

Josephus AD37-101
"God... separated the light and the darkness; and the name he gave to one was night, and the other he called day: and he named the beginning of light, and the time of rest, the 'evening' and the 'morning', and this was indeed the first day."

Basil the Great AD329-379
Discussing the creation days..."It is as though it said: 24 hours measures the space of a day.*

Many of the other early Christians that have been recorded also argued against the evolutionists of their day. Perhaps God knew people would try pervert his Word...so he repeated and repeated..."evening and morning, one day...evening and morning...second day..." etc

Or...perhaps consider what Oxford Hebrew prof, James Barr said... "Probably, so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Genesis 1–11 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that:
(a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience.
(b) the figures contained in the Genesis genealogies provided by simple addition a chronology from the beginning of the world up to later stages in the biblical story
(c) Noah’s flood was understood to be world-wide and extinguish all human and animal life except for those in the ark. Or, to put it negatively, the apologetic arguments which suppose the “days” of creation to be long eras of time, the figures of years not to be chronological, and the flood to be a merely local Mesopotamian flood, are not taken seriously by any such professors, as far as I know.

Or.....if those opinions are not convincing... "For in 6days, God created the heavens and the earth and everything that is in them"
Ex.20:11

iamaberean

You are deceived and you try deceive and confuse others.
The word 'day' (yom) can also be an undetermined amount of time...DEPENDING ON CONTEXT.
The word 'day' can also be a 24 hour period... DEPENDING ON CONTEXT.
And, as you say with the word 'thousand' ....there are many qualifiers in Genesis 1 that eliminates any possible interpretation other than a 24 hour day.

Perhaps so...in your perverted and confused belief system.but God's Word tells us that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void...God said let there be light, and there was light. ...God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and morning, one day"

Then.. God took 5 more days continuing to form and fill the earth.

I believe in God's version... Not your attempts at confusing and perverting scripture.

What amazes me, 6days, is the fact you make every effort to make the six days of creation 24 hour periods, but you can not deny that we are still in the seventh day and it will last forever.

6days

What amazes me, 6days, is the fact you make every effort to make the six days of creation 24 hour periods, but you can not deny that we are still in the seventh day and it will last forever.
No you are moving on to yet another false argument.
Try addressing some of the other points before moving the goalposts.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

But what about Christ's commandment to remember the seventh day to keep it set apart from the other six days of the week?

6days

:luigi:
BTW.... It isn,t just me that "makes every effort" to show God created in 6 days. It seems God makes every effort telling you over and over 'there was evening and morning the first day...the second day...the third day...etc.,
It seems He was trying to show the hard of learning that in six days God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them, then rested the seventh day.

iamaberean

No you are moving on to yet another false argument.
Try addressing some of the other points before moving the goalposts.

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The point is, my friend, if the seventh day is not 24 hours why would the first six be.

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
Psa 95:11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

iamaberean

But what about Christ's commandment to remember the seventh day to keep it set apart from the other six days of the week?

What 6days is saying, the word 'day' always means 24 hrs. I say no, many times in the bible a day is a span of time. The seventh day is proof.

6days

The point is, my friend, if the seventh day is not 24 hours why would the first six be.

The 7th day was like the previous day's. You seem unable to defend your false beliefs about the 6 days of creation so now want to shift the goalposts to the 7th day.
You are trying to add confusion and new beliefs into Gods Word. You add confusion to the gospel and destroy the purpose of Christ defeating physical death when you add time into God's Word.

iamaberean

:luigi:
BTW.... It isn,t just me that "makes every effort" to show God created in 6 days. It seems God makes every effort telling you over and over 'there was evening and morning the first day...the second day...the third day...etc.,
It seems He was trying to show the hard of learning that in six days God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them, then rested the seventh day.

I might also say it wasn't me that put bones in the earth to make it look as it they had actually lived. God didn't either, they walked here on earth for thousands, if not millions, of years. We must use logic when these bones are dated scientifically not something based on theories. You will probably try to say that they can't accurately date these bones, I think they can, and in any case they are older than 9000 years or they would still be around today.

revpete

Traditionally Christians have believed that God created in 6 normal days as we now experience. The Hebrew does not allow any interpretation except for 24 hour days. However, there have always been some Christians who wanted, or were willing to compromise on what scripture says.

Your comments are correct....if iamberean and his new belief system is correct then for thousands of years nobody understood the Bible, nor the gospel, correctly. The new and confusing belief system being promoted in this thread places death before sin and destroys the purpose of Christs physical death and resurrection.

There are many many examples of early Christians and even Christ a Himself places humans existing at the beginning...not millions or billions of years later.
Examples...
"Haven't you read the Scriptures?" Jesus replied. "They record that from the beginning 'God made them male and female.' Matt. 19:4

Josephus AD37-101
"God... separated the light and the darkness; and the name he gave to one was night, and the other he called day: and he named the beginning of light, and the time of rest, the 'evening' and the 'morning', and this was indeed the first day."

Basil the Great AD329-379
Discussing the creation days..."It is as though it said: 24 hours measures the space of a day.*

Many of the other early Christians that have been recorded also argued against the evolutionists of their day. Perhaps God knew people would try pervert his Word...so he repeated and repeated..."evening and morning, one day...evening and morning...second day..." etc

Or...perhaps consider what Oxford Hebrew prof, James Barr said... "Probably, so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Genesis 1–11 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that:
(a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience.
(b) the figures contained in the Genesis genealogies provided by simple addition a chronology from the beginning of the world up to later stages in the biblical story
(c) Noah’s flood was understood to be world-wide and extinguish all human and animal life except for those in the ark. Or, to put it negatively, the apologetic arguments which suppose the “days” of creation to be long eras of time, the figures of years not to be chronological, and the flood to be a merely local Mesopotamian flood, are not taken seriously by any such professors, as far as I know.

Or.....if those opinions are not convincing... "For in 6days, God created the heavens and the earth and everything that is in them"
Ex.20:11

Yep, all that! 👍

Pete 👤

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What 6days is saying, the word 'day' always means 24 hrs. I say no, many times in the bible a day is a span of time. The seventh day is proof.

Yes, there remains a Sabbath for the people of God. The weekly Sabbath represents the millennial Sabbath, but this is still a day of salvation, not the millennial Sabbath.

iamaberean

The 7th day was like the previous day's. You seem unable to defend your false beliefs about the 6 days of creation so now want to shift the goalposts to the 7th day.
You are trying to add confusion and new beliefs into Gods Word. You add confusion to the gospel and destroy the purpose of Christ defeating physical death when you add time into God's Word.

I have defended my stance with scripture, it is you that can not defend your reasoning of the seventh day not being 24 hours like you say the first six days were.

6days

]I have defended my stance with scripture, it is you that can not defend your reasoning of the seventh day not being 24 hours like you say the first six days were.
You failed to defend your stance.
The Hebrew language does not allow the days in Genesis 1 to be longer periods of time.

Challenge for you...
The Hebrew word for day (yom) never refers to a long period of time IF accompanied by words with a number (ie 3 days, or third day etc). Yom also never refers to a longer period of time if accompanied by word such as 'evening' or 'morning'.
So....the challenge is from the hundreds of times the word 'yom' is used with those contextual words in the OT, outside of Genesis 1, to show just a single instance where it does not mean a normal day.

As to your 7th day argument.... It simply nonsense and your attempt at avoiding to defend your false beliefs.
For example...The obvious intent of Moses was to say that God rested...PAST TENSE. God rested the seventh day.
Trying to say God rested a long period of time, or that God is still resting, is simply another attempt by yourself to add confusion to GodsWord, and corrupt the clear and simple meaning.
Your belief would require that God cursed Creation and booted Adam and Eve from the garden on the same day that He rested...the same day He blessed and sanctified.
Furthermore....even IF God had told us the 7th day was a longer period, it would not negate the fact that the first six days are clearly defined normal days as we now experience.

iamaberean

You failed to defend your stance.
The Hebrew language does not allow the days in Genesis 1 to be longer periods of time.

Challenge for you...
The Hebrew word for day (yom) never refers to a long period of time IF accompanied by words with a number (ie 3 days, or third day etc). Yom also never refers to a longer period of time if accompanied by word such as 'evening' or 'morning'.
So....the challenge is from the hundreds of times the word 'yom' is used with those contextual words in the OT, outside of Genesis 1, to show just a single instance where it does not mean a normal day.

As to your 7th day argument.... It simply nonsense and your attempt at avoiding to defend your false beliefs.
For example...The obvious intent of Moses was to say that God rested...PAST TENSE. God rested the seventh day.
Trying to say God rested a long period of time, or that God is still resting, is simply another attempt by yourself to add confusion to GodsWord, and corrupt the clear and simple meaning.
Your belief would require that God cursed Creation and booted Adam and Eve from the garden on the same day that He rested...the same day He blessed and sanctified.
Furthermore....even IF God had told us the 7th day was a longer period, it would not negate the fact that the first six days are clearly defined normal days as we now experience.

Here is another point that 24 hr day creation believers can't explain.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Within 24 hours one must believe that the earth brought forth grass, the herb yielded seed, the fruit tree didn't just grow it bore fruit.

I don't have any problem with this, but it will be very hard for you to explain how it all happened naturally, in just one 24 hr day.

My understanding, not only goes along with the bible, it can't be questioned by scientists who can prove the earth is older than 9000 years.

everready

Here is another point that 24 hr day creation believers can't explain.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Within 24 hours one must believe that the earth brought forth grass, the herb yielded seed, the fruit tree didn't just grow it bore fruit.

I don't have any problem with this, but it will be very hard for you to explain how it all happened naturally, in just one 24 hr day.

Not hard to explain at all when your talking about an all powerful supernatural God that speaks things into existence, a God that isn't limited or confined by the way we think he does things. Even if man did you can see what we did to him after he demonstrated that power.

everready

iamaberean

Not hard to explain at all when your talking about an all powerful supernatural God that speaks things into existence, a God that isn't limited or confined by the way we think he does things. Even if man did you can see what we did to him after he demonstrated that power.

everready

That is right, God can do anything except lie.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie;

That would mean he would not make things look like something they are not, such as the earth looking older than it is.

So you feel it is alright that God made everything grow and produce in 24 hours in Gen 1, but unable to believe scripture that God's day is like a thousand years in our time.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

'thousand' is an unknown number unless it is qualified with 1, 2, 3 etc.

Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

Isn't it more likely that God created, not in 6 man days, but in 6 of his days?

Last edited:

gcthomas

My understanding, not only goes along with the bible, it can't be questioned by scientists who can prove the earth is older than 9000 years.
[/COLOR]

I told you personally what the actual science was after post #1, so why do you continue to misrepresent it? It is dishonest and disappointing.

To reiterate, while time dilation can occur, for your purposes the gravity of the Earth would have to be at least million times stronger that it is now, leaving plenty of room for scientists to question your outlandish claim.

6days

Unable to answer any challenges to, you again try move the goalposts. And again your 'argument' is a silly attempt at adding confusion to God's Word.Of course God created fruit trees with fruit on them. He also created Adam with intelligence. He created Eve with beauty. He created stars that man could see two days earlier.
Stop trying to confuse others with your unscriptural beliefs.

everready

That is right, God can do anything except lie.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie;

That would mean he would not make things look like something they are not, such as the earth looking older than it is.

So you feel it is alright that God made everything grow and produce in 24 hours in Gen 1, but unable to believe scripture that God's day is like a thousand years in our time.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

'thousand' is an unknown number unless it is qualified with 1, 2, 3 etc.

Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

Isn't it more likely that God created, not in 6 man days, but in 6 of his days?

One day with the "Lord" is like a thousand years, he didn't say "us"

everready