Dukes of Hazzard Dropped by TV Land

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Sonny Scroggins works on a cigar while carrying the flag during a parade to commemorate the unveiling of the African-American Civil War Memorial in Washington. Scroggins was representing the 55th Massachusetts Infantry.

View attachment 19922

john w

Hall of Fame
.... I spend about 25% of my life in North Carolina each year.................My problem is ....

I revised it for you, wimp:

"I spend about 75% of my life in watching Oprah, 'The View,' listening to Hankie Hanegraaf, from whom I plagiarize, and logging into TOL, so I can get even with those meanie dispies, who hurt my fragile feelings a few years ago, 20% studying/watching sports, and 5% looking after my family. My problem is that I'm ignored by most, explaining my TOL obsession, and have no spine, being a man pleaser."

No charge, spinerless Craigie.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't have a problem with Southern folks. I don't need the media, I spend about 25% of my life in North Carolina each year.

My problem is with people such as yourself who defend a flag that symbolizes treason, slavery, and racial hatred.

I see it firsthand in North Carolina.

The flag, historically, did not symbolize what you claim.
It is those who have adopted the flag in recent history who have used it for the wrong reasons and brought about the current debate. States rights was the real issue in the war and the loss of constitutionally sanctioned states rights will be the demise of our Bill of Rights.
I see the confederate flag as symbolizing the stand against an intrusive federal government.

http://www.usflag.org/confederate.stars.and.bars.html

Excerpt from article:

"Note: It is necessary to disclaim any connection of these flags to neo-nazis, red-necks, skin-heads and the like. These groups have adopted this flag and desecrated it by their acts. They have no right to use this flag - it is a flag of honor, designed by the confederacy as a banner representing state's rights and still revered by the South. In fact, under attack, it still flies over the South Carolina capitol building. The South denies any relation to these hate groups and denies them the right to use the flags of the confederacy for any purpose. The crimes committed by these groups under the stolen banner of the conderacy only exacerbate the lies which link the seccesion to slavery interests when, from a Southerner's view, the cause was state's rights."

Note contributed by BJ Meksikatsi.

Nazaroo

Uh oh.

I'm seeing a future problem for these honoured war dead:

CSAstone-thumb-500x378-12029.jpg

n-CONFEDERATE-GRAVESTONE-large570.jpg

Confederate-gravestones.png

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
And to many black southerners it represents things other than racism, oppression and/or slavery.
Yep.

I guarantee you that if this car pulled into my neighborhood of blacks, whites, and Mexicans .....

View attachment 19937

..... we would all be pilling in to burn rubber and jump a creek!
And we would have a rip-roaring time doing it!!!!!