DOJ: 'Hands up, don't shoot' a lie.

musterion

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/u...-in-ferguson-shooting.html?smid=tw-share&_r=1

“Some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witnesses’ own prior statements with no explanation,” the [DOJ] report said.

“Although some witnesses state that Brown held his hands up at shoulder level with his palms facing outward for a brief moment, these same witnesses describe Brown then dropping his hands and ‘charging’ at Wilson,” it added.

“Those witness accounts stating that Brown never moved back toward Wilson could not be relied upon in a prosecution because their accounts cannot be reconciled with the DNA bloodstain evidence and other credible witness accounts.”

That jumble of grand jury evidence did bolster important parts of Mr. Wilson’s account. DNA and blood samples indicated that Mr. Brown had reached into the officer’s police car, as Mr. Wilson had testified, and two shots were fired in a struggle.

That Mr. Brown, slightly wounded, ran away and then turned, with Mr. Wilson chasing him, was also firmly established. And a trail of bloodstains seemed to prove that Mr. Brown was moving toward the officer even after being seriously wounded by an initial volley of bullets.
But any excuse to riot is a good excuse, especially when egged on by the family. Who now should be prosecuted and/or sued.

musterion

but what about all that injustice and oppression by whitey?

I've never purchased a slave so as far as I'm concerned my reparations are fully paid off. Whatever is used out of my tax money, I have no control over.

And that's Mr. Whitey, thank you very much.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
If the Justice Department Report had been as critical of "blacks" as it was of the Ferguson Police Department and Courts, our "conservative" friends would be shouting out from the "rooftops."

What we're seeing in Ferguson and in this thread are classic examples of "white entitlement!"

musterion

If the Justice Department Report had been as critical of "blacks" as it was of the Ferguson Police Department and Courts, our "conservative" friends would be shouting out from the "rooftops."

What we're seeing in Ferguson and in this thread are classic examples of "white entitlement!"

Interesting, thx

Lon

:doh: I am going to have to eventually ignore you.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

yes, whites are entitled not to be physically harmed or have businesses destroyed by looting rioters who feel entitled to do as they please because they don't like following the law.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Yes there is: early American slavery.

It's racist to disagree with that.
Not all slave owners treated their slaves horrifically.

And slavery--the good and the bad--was a fact. Racism, however, is a creed and is still with us.

Why?

And again, racism must not be allowed

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no excuse for racism.

Amen to that Abdul, amen to that.

voter-intimidation-bs-corrupt-hate-racism-politics-holder-ob-political-poster-1260160936.jpg

I find the whole "racist cop" angle extremely sad and frustrating. Thought there are, of course, racist cops the protest and attacks by Obama, the Justice Dept. and so on TOTALLY undermines any hope for true reform. Cops are indeed out of control, act like Brown Shirts, beat people of all races to death, harass people for no reason (such as myself several times), steal peoples' property (using "confiscation laws") and so on and so forth. They also REFUSE to go after criminals 90% of the time opting instead to give out fines because that's where the money is.

Demonizing cops for defending their lives as Sharpton has done has completely polarized the debate between black and liberals vs. conservatives. Even most of my right-wing friends are always defending cops at every opportunity when they should be calling them to account.