Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainee

But I hope Truster you see God was willing for David to see a devoted love for a precious pet could be used to remind him what he did was like that but worse, because love is love is love is love, right?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Your judgement is warped if you think Nathan is the bravest man in the Bible.
:yawn:

It's a parable. :plain:

"2 Sa 12:1–14 Psalm 51 records David’s words of repentance after being confronted by Nathan over his sin with Bathsheba (cf. Ps. 32, where David expresses his agony after Nathan’s confrontation)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 442). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

220px-King_George_and_the_Ducky.jpg

Veggie Tales: King George & the Ducky

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I think Serpent Dove is right! It is a scary thing to talk to David...
Yes, it took courage on Nathan's part. Thankfully, David responded correctly and we have Ps. 32 and 51.

You make it sound as though having faith means having no affection for animals or pets. That's just sad.

We love our pets and they love us (2 Sa 12:3). :idunno:

I'm sure Adam enjoyed snuggling up with a Leopard (like Putin) but the leopard was not suitable (Ge 2:20). God gave him a perfect mate (Ge 2:22).
lo_lust.gif

"It's a good thing." ~ Martha Stewart Pr 18:22

Last edited:

Truster

But I hope Truster you see God was willing for David to see a devoted love for a precious pet could be used to remind him what he did was like that but worse, because love is love is love is love, right?

Love can be understood in one of four ways so love is not just love. Our love must be directed and used in a way that brings honour and glory to the Almighty.
Most people have now turned from the Creator unto the creature and scripture speaks of this along with the inevitable consequences. I refer you to Romans 1.

rainee

Yes, it took courage on Nathan's part. Thankfully, David responded correctly and we have Ps. 32 and 51.

We love our pets and they love us (2 Sa 12:3). :idunno:

I'm sure Adam enjoyed snuggling up with a Leopard (like Putin) but the leopard was not suitable (Ge 2:20). God gave him a perfect mate (Ge 2:22).
lo_lust.gif

"It's a good thing." ~ Martha Stewart Pr 18:22

WELL SAID! :)

rainee

Love can be understood in one of four ways so love is not just love. Our love must be directed and used in a way that brings honour and glory to the Almighty.
Most people have now turned from the Creator unto the creature and scripture speaks of this along with the inevitable consequences. I refer you to Romans 1.

Sigh. Your right in a point but:

Are you really going to bring homosexuality into this?
Or are you making some reference to bestiality?

I could say lust is not in this subject but really it is prolly more accurate to say that corruption is not.

"Rupture" is related in word origins since you talked about etymology or something for "idol".

So is "interrupt", "disrupt", I can't remember if there are others that are related to corrupt right now.

It is about breaking. Loving pets is not about breaking yourself or others, sir.

:) Quit fighting, I bet we have won you

allblack

BANNED
Banned
Dogs can love you more than some humans ever could.

The terrible thing about us humans is if we get loved by a dog why would we ever be cruel to it? Yet those who may be hard to love by other humans may be childishly cruel to their pets.

http://youtu.be/5Mw8uXDRTIw

Watch this video, it gets real good around 3:00. If chimps can do this why is it so difficult for some humans at times?

allblack

BANNED
Banned
well good for you
but
what about those who put their dog ahead of their neighbor?

do you see that happening?

Yes, one of my exes use to proclaim that she loved cats more than humans. I use to say "It shows." I do have to admit that I learned to understand cats better because of her, though I love humans more than any animal. I would give my life for another human. I would not do the same for an animal.

Truster

Sigh. Your right in a point but:

Are you really going to bring homosexuality into this?
Or are you making some reference to bestiality?

I could say lust is not in this subject but really it is prolly more accurate to say that corruption is not.

"Rupture" is related in word origins since you talked about etymology or something for "idol".

So is "interrupt", "disrupt", I can't remember if there are others that are related to corrupt right now.

It is about breaking. Loving pets is not about breaking yourself or others, sir.

:) Quit fighting, I bet we have won you

Ancient Greek has four distinct words for love, agápe, éros, philía, and storgē.

Status
Not open for further replies.