Does the title "Master Designer" blaspheme God.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have decided to start a separate thread for this theological question, because on another thread I was called a "blasphemer" for using the title "Master Designer", instead of what I can only assume is the more "politically correct" title of "Creator".

Hopefully those who know more about these things than I do can help me out here, since I previously believed that God directly created Adam and Eve during the first week of Creation, and did not just create the world and then let "nature take its course" to do everything else from there on over the following 4.5 billion years or so (presumably via evolution I suppose).

Am I wrong to believe as I do? Specifically am I a blasphemer?

Help me, I'm falling. :D

dying_star

God is the Master Designer. In fact I think that is a better term to use than the simple "Creator", because I can be a creator, and you can be a creator, but only Someone omnipotent can be a Master Designer. It would be blasphemy to call oneself a "Master Designer"...unless some person who claims to be a "Master Designer" can speak a universe into existence. If there is anyone here who can do that, I will be very impressed.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:think:Maybe they thought you were a Mason?

:confused: .....or was that the "Great Architect"?

Spitfire

Master Designer, Great Architect, Creator wouldn't all of these be appropriate to discribe Yahveh?
It would not be blasphemous per se to refer to God as the master designer, as long as in doing so one does not deny that God is more than the designer but also reigns over his creation. As Tom pointed out, it is understandable that some people may become alarmed by the use of what sounds very similar to the terminology used by deists and Freemasons.

Adam_Kratt

It would not be blasphemous per se to refer to God as the master designer, as long as in doing so one does not deny that God is more than the designer but also reigns over his creation. As Tom pointed out, it is understandable that some people may become alarmed by the use of what sounds very similar to the terminology used by deists and Freemasons.

in my mind a master designer would have continued to maintain his creation.... but i can see your point... the term master designer might lead some to a diest mind set, but so could creator.

Redfin

In fact I think that is a better term to use than the simple "Creator", because I can be a creator, and you can be a creator, but only Someone omnipotent can be a Master Designer.

I would go just the opposite on this.

Only God creates.

We just work with created things, reassembling (designing) them into new forms.

:think:

asilentskeptic

yet all are so innapropriate, for they capture the essence of God entirely incompletely

There are no sets of words in any language that has ever existed on earth that could come anywhere close to capturing the essence of God.

We have to make do with what we got... why bash a title that puts God at the top?

Nomad

There are no sets of words in any language that has ever existed on earth that could come anywhere close to capturing the essence of God.

We have to make do with what we got... why bash a title that puts God at the top?

I'm not bashing titles, just noting