Does God Create Reprobates?

Shasta

I dont know what god you believe in, its not the God of the Scripture !

What I posted was all about what scripture says. If you do not believe it then show me how I misinterpreted them

Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
God who told us to love our enemies, also loves His enemies. In fact anyone who is currently reconciled to God at one time in the past was His enemy (Colossians 1:21-22). God does not rejoice when people are brought to judgment but prefers that they repent and be saved (Ezekiel 18:23).

This disposition is revealed also in the OT:

…10 Then the LORD said, "You had compassion on the plant for which you did not work and which you did not cause to grow, which came up overnight and perished overnight. 11 "Should I not have compassion on Nineveh, the great city in which there are more than 120,000 persons who do not know the difference between their right and left hand, as well as many animals?" (Jonah 4:10-11)

Here God states His motive for wanting to save Nineveh. God sent Jonah because He had compassion on the vast numbers of people who did not know Him, those whose idolatry and immorality made them His enemies. God had compassion upon their children as well ("those who did not know their right hand from their left") who were not able to exercise any moral judgment. God even had compassion on their animals, many of which would have been slaughtered in the overthrow of Nineveh.

When James and John wanted to call fire down and destroy those who would not receive Jesus, the Master rebuked them saying, “"You do not know what kind of spirit you are of;… (Luke 9:53-55). The same could be said to anyone who delights in judgment over mercy.

Shasta

I want to return to the second chapter of 2 Peter which, some claim proves that God brings human beings into existence for the sole purpose of consigning them to destruction.

12 But these, as natural brute beasts, born to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; (2 Peter 2:12)

Here are other descriptions of the kind of life these men had fallen into: 2 Peter 2:2-3, 10, 12-14. This verse is speaking of a class of men in the terminal stage of corruption. Like a malignant form of cancer, their sin had grown and metastasized until it had corrupted every area of their lives. They are said to be like wild animals, spiritual predators who pervert the faith of the flock and feed on them (2 Peter 2:1).

Yet they had not always been this way. Here is the background of their story.

If they have escaped the corruption (Grk: miasma - pollution or defilement) of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…. and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning (2 Peter 2:20).

The word “knowing" or "knowledge” is the Greek word epignosis which according to Strong’s Concordance means a "knowledge gained through first-hand relationship") – properly, "contact-knowledge" that is appropriate ("apt, fitting") to first-hand, experiential knowing.

Thayer’s Lexicon adds that the word implies “the true knowledge of Christ's nature, dignity, benefits and gives as references: Ephesians 4:13; 2 Peter 1:8; 2 Peter 2:20;”

http://biblehub.com/greek/1922.htm

First of all, this was not false doctrine but true knowledge (of the gospel). Second, this kind of “knowing” was not merely academic but personal and experiential. Peter is saying that at one time in their past their experience of the gospel had freed them from sin. This is not mere moral reform as I have heard some people say.

Sadly, however, they were later entangled by the same “defilements”which they had escaped. Not only were they entangled but this time they were completely overcome by them. As in the Parable the Sower, the seed of life had been planted in them. It had germinated and grown but then the thorns (lusts) grew so thick that the new life was extinguished (Matthew 13:22).

Peter then says that their last condition was worse than their first. However, if their initial condition was being lost and their final state is destruction what consequence could possibly be worse than that? In the paradigm of OSAS it could never be said of a backslider that “their last state was worse than the beginning” for then, no matter how much a person sins in this life, they can still look forward to an eternity of joy in the next. The only way the consequences could be worse is if their experience of hell was somehow made more painful by the fact that they had once known the truth…but can this happen? Can hell be actually be worse for some people than for others? According to Jesus it can be and for precisely this same reason (Luke 12:47).

Taking the whole chapter of 2 Peter 2 into consideration it is evident that God had been merciful to these men at one point in their lives. It was THEY who chose to turn away from the grace of God and deny the Faith they had once received by embracing heretical doctrine.
We do not see the picture of a God whose sole purpose for bringing men into the world is to destroy them. Instead, we see how men prepare themselves for judgment by refusing His mercy and abandoning their faith.

beloved57

I want to return to the second chapter of 2 Peter which, some claim proves that God brings human beings into existence for the sole purpose of consigning them to destruction.

12 But these, as natural brute beasts, born to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; (2 Peter 2:12)

Here are other descriptions of the kind of life these men had fallen into: 2 Peter 2:2-3, 10, 12-14. This verse is speaking of a class of men in the terminal stage of corruption. Like a malignant form of cancer, their sin had grown and metastasized until it had corrupted every area of their lives. They are said to be like wild animals, spiritual predators who pervert the faith of the flock and feed on them (2 Peter 2:1).

Yet they had not always been this way. Here is the background of their story.

If they have escaped the corruption (Grk: miasma - pollution or defilement) of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…. and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning (2 Peter 2:20).

The word “knowing" or "knowledge” is the Greek word epignosis which according to Strong’s Concordance means a "knowledge gained through first-hand relationship") – properly, "contact-knowledge" that is appropriate ("apt, fitting") to first-hand, experiential knowing.

Thayer’s Lexicon adds that the word implies “the true knowledge of Christ's nature, dignity, benefits and gives as references: Ephesians 4:13; 2 Peter 1:8; 2 Peter 2:20;”

http://biblehub.com/greek/1922.htm

First of all, this was not false doctrine but true knowledge (of the gospel). Second, this kind of “knowing” was not merely academic but personal and experiential. Peter is saying that at one time in their past their experience of the gospel had freed them from sin. This is not mere moral reform as I have heard some people say.

Sadly, however, they were later entangled by the same “defilements”which they had escaped. Not only were they entangled but this time they were completely overcome by them. As in the Parable the Sower, the seed of life had been planted in them. It had germinated and grown but then the thorns (lusts) grew so thick that the new life was extinguished (Matthew 13:22).

Peter then says that their last condition was worse than their first. However, if their initial condition was being lost and their final state is destruction what consequence could possibly be worse than that? In the paradigm of OSAS it could never be said of a backslider that “their last state was worse than the beginning” for then, no matter how much a person sins in this life, they can still look forward to an eternity of joy in the next. The only way the consequences could be worse is if their experience of hell was somehow made more painful by the fact that they had once known the truth…but can this happen? Can hell be actually be worse for some people than for others? According to Jesus it can be and for precisely this same reason (Luke 12:47).

Taking the whole chapter of 2 Peter 2 into consideration it is evident that God had been merciful to these men at one point in their lives. It was THEY who chose to turn away from the grace of God and deny the Faith they had once received by embracing heretical doctrine.
We do not see the picture of a God whose sole purpose for bringing men into the world is to destroy them. Instead, we see how men prepare themselves for judgment by refusing His mercy and abandoning their faith.

You dont even believe the scriptures, most you do is haphazardly quote them !

Robert Pate

Banned
Gods Love is specifically in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If you and i were not Chosen by God in Christ before the foundation, God isnt Love to us, we would be outside of His Love, objects of His hate ! Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

So you need to be very careful on how you quote that verse about God being love, you can be doing it in a flippant and God dishonoring manner !

If God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, doesn't it make sense that God would provide salvation for the whole world?

beloved57

If God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, doesn't it make sense that God would provide salvation for the whole world?

You dont even believe in God. I have explained Jn 3:16 in my threads ! Your understanding of scripture is based on the natural man !

Robert Pate

Banned
You dont even believe in God. I have explained Jn 3:16 in my threads ! Your understanding of scripture is based on the natural man !

All that you do is falsely accuse those that oppose you.

You have never explained John 3:16.

John 3:16 refutes everything that you believe.

beloved57

All that you do is falsely accuse those that oppose you.

You have never explained John 3:16.

John 3:16 refutes everything that you believe.

You dont believe in God or Jn 3:16 ! Then you teach that Christ's Blood is worthless in saving all for whom it was shed !

Shasta

You dont even believe the scriptures, most you do is haphazardly quote them !

All the scripture I cited I took time to explain in detail. You offer no proof whatsoever that I have been haphazard about it. A denial is not a rebuttal.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All the scripture I cited I took time to explain in detail. You offer no proof whatsoever that I have been haphazard about it. A denial is not a rebuttal.

He has no scripture to rebut. He usually just says see you at the judgement.

beloved57

Throw your Canons of Dort in the trash and believe the Bible.

You might even get saved.

Again

Your teaching is a disgrace to Jesus Christ and His Saving Death! Also to the Holy Spirit, and the Father ! You teach that Millions for whom Christ died, still perish lost in their sins He died for !