ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
There is NOTHING besides Jesus Christ.

All is fulfilled THROUGH HIM.

Ephesians 1:10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment--to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"
Mark 1:15 happened way before Eph 1:10.

So why do think Eph 1:10 still says "when the times reach their fulfillment"?

Think.

God's Truth

Jesus is also blood related to Esau.
But promises were made through Jacob that were not promised through Esau.

God chose Jacob/Israel while he was in the womb and had not done anything good or bad.
It was purely on election of God, and not due to any faith or works of Jacob.

How do you think that disproves what I said?

THOSE who struggle with God and men and overcome are Israel.

God chose Jacob because God knew before hand that Jacob wanted the inheritance more than Esau did.

Those to this day who want to be saved more than anything else will be saved.

Those who overcome this world through Jesus Christ will be saved.

God's Truth

Hebrews 12:16 See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
How do you think that disproves what I said?
Simple.
You have said we teach that all of the promises were to all of Abe's descendants.
That's a lie you tell.
We do not teach that.

God chose Jacob because God knew before hand that Jacob wanted the inheritance more than Esau did.
Nope.
Scripture plainly says that Jacob was chosen over Esau before either of them did anything right or wrong.
Romans 9 KJV​
(11) (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Did you catch that?
Not of works, but purely by God's election.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
God knew Esau was disrespectful and gave up his inheritance for a bowl of soup.

Esau was godless.
Esau did that AFTER Jacob was elected over him.
It had nothing to do with why God elected Jacob before any of that happened.
Romans 9 KJV
(11) (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Jeremiah 31 KJV
(35) Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
(36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Hasn't happened, and until it does, Israel will not cease from being a nation before God.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jeremiah 31 KJV
(35) Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
(36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Hasn't happened, and until it does, Israel will not cease from being a nation before God.

Wait for it....a twisting of terminology.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 9 KJV
(11) (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

Exactly!

Gen 25:22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
Gen 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Wait for it....a twisting of terminology.
It's sickening to see those that do not trust the plain teaching of scripture that God will perform all He has promised to those He promised.
And to see all the prophetic promises scriptures that came to pass literal, physical, and historical, but then move the goalposts to say the other promises are just spiritual.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's sickening to see those that do not trust the plain teaching of scripture that God will perform all He has promised to those He promised.
And to see all the prophetic promises scriptures that came to pass literal, physical, and historical, but then move the goalposts to say the other promises are just spiritual.

Yep, GOD said that He would do certain things irrevocably, and then we have folks twisting His words into vapor. It's just plain disbelief in what GOD plainly says.

Danoh

At the same time, we are all guilty of something similar in one way or another at some point in time or another in our own studies.

It is how any group ends up groups within said group.

On here alone there are a good five or six different groups within Mid-Acts.

While, a few years ago I even ran into a group within Acts 28 that did not hold to their being two bodies.

It is a sobering thought, this.

We hear a sermon and think 'yeah, I know someone like that...'

How often though, do we ask ourself 'yeah, there is that, but when have I been that way; that I might examine it, go beyond it within myself?'

We seldom pause to reflect on those three remaining fingers. All three aimed at the potential also there on the table 'where do I myself do this same kind of a thing?'

Its a great principle to keep in mind. It truly is.

A humbling one.

I was just now thinking on it once more, just now, as I was agreeing with you about the Essau-Jacob error many end up at - 'in what area might I myself still be like that?'

Thanks for the inadvertent challenge of that, Tam...

God's Truth

Flesh counts for nothing.

You do not understand that do you.

God's Truth

Yep, GOD said that He would do certain things irrevocably, and then we have folks twisting His words into vapor. It's just plain disbelief in what GOD plainly says.

God never ever said we no longer would have to obey Him. That is nonsense beyond what is exceptable for anyone for any belief.

God's Truth

Romans 9 KJV

Are you kidding? God knew! God knows everything and knew what each child would grow up to do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Yep.
It's hard to escape the fact that God tell Israel over and over that He will keep His oath, despite what they have done.
God says He will perform His oath to them, not for their sake, for they backslid and profaned His name; but for HIS OWN NAME's sake He will not go back on His oath.

God's Truth

Simple.
You have said we teach that all of the promises were to all of Abe's descendants.
That's a lie you tell.
We do not teach that.

Nope.
Scripture plainly says that Jacob was chosen over Esau before either of them did anything right or wrong.
Romans 9 KJV​
(11) (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Did you catch that?
Not of works, but purely by God's election.

God knew who would fight for Him. Don't you get it? God knew!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Romans 9 KJV

Are you kidding? God knew! God knows everything and knew what each child would grow up to do.
Nope, not kidding at all.
The scripture plainly says that Jacob was chosen purely of election, not by his works.