ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus made the two groups ONE.

You are badly mistaken.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,

There is NO difference between Jew and Gentile!

You are the one who is badly mistake.

He made individual Jew and Gentile one in a new humanity.
He didn't make them one in the nation of Israel, which is an ancient entity which GOD created long ago.

The body of Christ is new with individuals of all nations entering in. They are not entering into national Israel.
There is no difference between Jew and Gentile in the body of Christ, but there is a difference between national Israel and the body of Christ. These are two different creations of GOD.

National Israel is promised the land, the same land as always and with a King ruling from the throne of David, in that land.

The Body of Christ, the church, is not promised a land but are citizens of heaven.

The Bible has certain facts with distinctions.
But you put them all in a blender and mix them up.

God's Truth

You are the one who is badly mistake.

He made individual Jew and Gentile one in a new humanity.
He didn't make them one in the nation of Israel, which is an ancient entity which GOD created long ago.

HAAAAAAA God made the nation of Israel bound over to that just LIKE THE GENTILES.

Romans 11:12 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Do you know that? Don't you know what CUT OFF means?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
HAAAAAAA God made the nation of Israel bound over to that just LIKE THE GENTILES.

Romans 11:12 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Do you know that? Don't you know what CUT OFF means?

Yeah, I know what it means and it proves my point and not yours.

Israel fell and blindness has happened to Israel until the fullness of the nations/gentiles.
If Israel is cut off, then the body of Christ is not Israel, spiritual Israel, the new Israel or any other Israel that you and others have made up.
Israel is an ancient creation, which is presently relegated to be one of the nations. There is no special privilege for the Jew. They, along with the rest of the nations are all reckoned in unbelief and disobedience. Jews must be saved in the same way as gentiles. This does not make the Body of Christ the 'new Israel'. The Bible defines who Israel is/was.
The Body of Christ is a new creation into which Jews and gentiles enter by trust in Christ's work on the cross.

God's Truth

Yeah, I know what it means and it proves my point and not yours.

Israel fell and blindness has happened to Israel until the fullness of the nations/gentiles.
If Israel is cut off, then the body of Christ is not Israel, spiritual Israel, the new Israel or any other Israel that you and others have made up.
Israel is an ancient creation, which is presently relegated to be one of the nations. There is no special privilege for the Jew. They, along with the rest of the nations are all reckoned in unbelief and disobedience. Jews must be saved in the same way as gentiles. This does not make the Body of Christ the 'new Israel'. The Bible defines who Israel is/was.
The Body of Christ is a new creation into which Jews and gentiles enter by trust in Christ's work on the cross.

Now listen to what you just said, and now show where the Jews get a special chance at the end where Jesus makes them a new special offering.

That is NOWHERE ANYWHERE in the scriptures.

The BLINDNESS is NO MORE when they turn to Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

The Jews, just like ANYONE ANYWHERE must be saved BEFORE Jesus comes again.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now listen to what you just said, and now show where the Jews get a special chance at the end where Jesus makes them a new special offering.

That is NOWHERE ANYWHERE in the scriptures.

The BLINDNESS is NO MORE when they turn to Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

The Jews, just like ANYONE ANYWHERE must be saved BEFORE Jesus comes again.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

You are still wise in you own conceit and still ignorant of the mystery.

God's Truth

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

That is what Paul said to show that the Jews were not cut off forever, as it must have seemed like; but Paul shows that that Jews have a chance to be saved just as the Gentiles, for Paul says HE HIMSELF IS A JEW.

Romans 11:1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.

All have a chance to be saved before Jesus comes again.

There is no special race.

God's Truth

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Not of NATURAL DESCENT. Don't you know what that means? THAT MEANS not about to whom you are blood related. That means NOTHING to God anymore, because Jesus is the blood that matters, and ONLY Jesus' blood.

God's Truth

BY THE WAY, no MORE of HUMAN DECISION EITHER.

Do you know what that means?

That means you cannot decide for yourself that you are saved.

That means you cannot pick and choose, as if you are picking your religion.

GOD IS THE ONE THAT CHOOSES.

God chooses those that OBEY Jesus' teachings.

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

lifeisgood

Willfully ignorant.

God's Truth

Which is exactly what you boast of, that you saved yourself by the works of your own hands.

As I explained to you before, I did not do works with my hands to be saved---but I used my spirit, and then Jesus who is the Father of our spirits, gave life to my spirit.

genuineoriginal

Jesus conquered death when he rose from the dead.
The time when Jesus conquers death for His followers has not happened yet.

1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

God's Truth

The time when Jesus conquers death for His followers has not happened yet.

1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

It just is not 'seen' yet, but it is ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED.

Interplanner

God has not given the kingdoms of the nations to Jesus yet.
That happens at the seventh trumpet.
Jesus is waiting for that time, then He will return and the nations will be put under His feet.

There is no multi-event chronology of end times events; there is of course the final day of judgement and the end of this world and the creation of the NHNE. But don't be making charts out of the Rev. It is never a good idea to use such slippery symbolic material, that starts 3x on the first page saying it is about things to happen at hand, immediately, quickly. Did I mention it was slippery?

Find the passages that explain the 2nd coming in ordinary language: Rom 2, 8, I Cor 15, Heb 9, 2 Tim 4, 2 Pet 3, and then if the Rev happens to line up with them, great. But none of them have any Judaic or geo-political details, no detailed events on earth that must happen apart from the day of judgement.

The Rev was written as a pastoral comfort for Jewish Christians going through the DofJ 66-70AD. The 'harlot' that was riding the 'beast' of Rome was to be stoned and destroyed by that beast, and then the blessed wedding of the true bride could take place. The fact that she is said to be the place/city that does the same thing as Mt 23 said, and is destroyed, is the strongest reason for seeing it as about the DofJ.

God's Truth

God has not given the kingdoms of the nations to Jesus yet.
That happens at the seventh trumpet.
Jesus is waiting for that time, then He will return and the nations will be put under His feet.

God EXALTED Jesus above everything. Jesus is waiting to come back to judge the living and the dead, at the resurrection.

iamaberean

I'm referring of course to the 'industry' that has popped up since the 60s of thinking that modern Israel has something to do with many OT texts about which the NT has already spoken, or with obscure lines from the Revelation.

Allow me to state a fact: No one comes to God having full understanding. So, in the following scriptures and comments one is not condemned for lack of knowledge. But those that teach or preach should diligently study and pray for that knowledge.
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
As God’s people let us listen to what He is saying.

1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
The Apostles are of God and if we know God then we understand what the Apostles say.

Luk 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
Jesus is telling the disciples that all scripture that speaks of the Redeemer, Jesus, will be finished once he is crucified.

Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
At this point Jesus is telling his disciples that the temple would be destroyed.

Luk 21:20 And when ye (the disciples) shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

In these scriptures Jesus points out that when they see the armies that have come to destroy the temple then they will know, and we should too, that all prophecy has been fulfilled.

If one can not believe that all prophecy has been fulfilled, then they do not know God. That is according to what Jesus and the Apostles have pointed out.

According to the word of God 'all prophecy' was fulfilled in 70 AD when the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed.

Last edited: