ECT Does 'fulfilled prophecy' reinforce the Bible?

iamaberean

when you rightly translate the bible
-you won't find rightly divide
Just so you will know:
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

How does one rightly divide the word of truth?

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Act 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Learn to listen to God's word so He won't say "ye therefore hear them not".

Danoh

when you rightly translate the bible
-you won't find rightly divide

Which is odd in that the Greek is the word orthotomeo.

We get words like orthodox and orthodontist from the first part of that word - for right or straight, and for straighten.

And we get words like dichotomy and trichotomy from the second part of that word - for a division between, and for a three part cut.

Though, to me the sense is that of laying a thing out aright; being diligent to ensure that each part goes where it is supposed to go - and that is comprised of noting divisions between things - right divisions - this goes over here; that goes over there, and so on...

Consider these two people that Paul mentions there...

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Obviously, they failed to note right divisions between things; they failed to note what goes where when...

Here is another division between things in that same chapter - right divisions...

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

And here are yet even more...

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

Interplanner

None of which have to do with dispensations, which are covered in places like Eph 1-3 and Gal 4.

Meanwhile:
While teaching on Amos 3:4, the teacher decided he needed to make prophecy really real. So he said that 3:4 was actually about the number of tanks that tried to pour into Israel in 1973. That's what "sledges with iron teeth" are. Then he said that 1973 was the largest assembly of tanks ever in the history of man.

The spectacularity of this is not what the prophets are about. We must study the 2500 uses of the OT by the NT and then decide what is important. It is as though the Bible is hurting for things to be 'true' about.

2nd, I don't have any information that underwrites the 'largest assembly' bit. Btw, the point was "God" kept them from invading Israel. Bulge was the largest tank battle, so far as I know, and I don't see any reason to put God on one side of Zionism or Islam, due to Eph 2-3, so it's quite a bit of nonsense, really. But that's what passes as Bible teaching these days.