Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I comprehend it just fine, I just don't see in scripture that considering Jesus the eternal fullness of the One Creator GOD is part of salvation, so much as understanding and/ or striving to follow the teachings, example, and self sacrifice of Jesus the Christ, the anointed of GOD, and the Way to GOD.

Technically I make no distinction between the Christ and GOD as they are one and the same known through the Holy Spirit of GOD.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

There is; God the Father, God the Son, and God The Holy Spirit, yet, these three are ONE.

Rosenritter

Maybe not explicitly saying so, but there are some scriptures that are very strong in making the case :

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

2 John 1:9-11

The first verse of that passage is pretty strong. And Jesus makes the claim in John's gospel :

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 14:9-10

So the unity of the Father and the Son should be pretty much established (he who rejects either one has neither). And if one rejects the Spirit of God, Jesus is clear such a person doesn't have forgiveness (Mark 3:29). And since no one can say Jesus is Lord except by that Spirit (I Cor 12:3), the unity of the Godhead as distinct yet inextricably intertwined should be no question.

I can affirm faith in each of the scriptures you cited, and agree with your conclusion statements, but biblical-wise "Trinity" is still undefined. If you responded honestly to Raven's poll you'd also have to vote "no" and thus be subject to the prejudice of other folk here as well.

I remember another participant on that board that at least honestly said "NO" while still saying that he believed the Trinity. That is, it was neither biblical nor taught in the Bible, but he believed it to be correct. What's his name... he had the avatar from Hikaru no Go.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Rose, I kinda thought you wouldn't answer it. Usually, posters that won't answer that simple question are hiding the fact that they're a member of a Cult or Unorthodox and unacceptable Non-Christian type of belief system. Your silence speaks volumes.

Rosenritter

Abraham's soul will live forever. So will everybody else's soul live forever. In one of three places; Heaven, the new earth or the Lake of Fire.

So according to how you believe, what you just said, would the God of Abraham be the "God of the Living" if Abraham were never raised to life but his "soul continued to live forever?"

Rosenritter

Rose, I kinda thought you wouldn't answer it. Usually, posters that won't answer that simple question is because they are a member of a Cult or Unorthodox and unacceptable Non-Christian type of belief system. Your silence speaks volumes.

Grosnick, you must have the attention span of a retarded gerbil. What, you waited five minutes and say "Thought you wouldn't answer it?" I'll tell you something. A couple things:

1) When posting at weird hours of night, I do have to sleep sometime. I have a daytime job.
2) When responding in daytime, I'm likely sneaking in a moment while at work. You know, that daytime job thing.
3) Its way faster for you to send a one-line post and you stack tons of them in the time it takes to read one other person's post.

So aside from declaring your response idiotic, I sometimes attend the Christian Alliance church but more often the Lutheran church. Was in the Alliance Christmas concert last year but opted out this year because of wife being pregnant and due to deliver in about that same time, and all. The Lutheran church has more of the Christian Korean community that we like to keep in touch with.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well you are in for a rude shock.

The trinity doctrine was formulated by the harlot church of the RCC.

Christ Himself teaches the truth to His own disciples.

LA
Another to add to the list. Sigh.

LA, please add your vote to the poll for the benefit of others who do not wish to converse with a rabid anti-Trinitarian.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh my...

Soto you the doctrine of the trinity is needed for salvation?

Does that mean faith in the Christ isn't needed?

Can you please refer to scripture to verify the the trinity doctrine is needed for salvation. Also can you use scripture to reference how a Christian must by necessity be a trinitarian?
Those that deny the Trinity have no warrant from Scripture to call themselves Christian believers.

Confessing Christ as our Lord presumes one actually knows who He is and it is the presumption of all Scripture written by those superintended by God the Holy Spirit. As the Psalms teach us, no man can ransom another. Jesus is not mere man.

God the Holy Spirit regenerates the believer. God. The special revelation of God is saturated with the Triune Godhead of three personal subsistences, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For one to be regenerated by God and then be caused to believe God is not Triune, for it is God who is granting the faith of the regenerated, would imply God's house is divided. This is nonsense.

The more you weigh in with sanctimonious denunciations in my direction the more you evidence your confusion about matters of the faith. To confess Jesus is Lord and not believe He is God means one does not understand what Lord actually means.

Truths like the Trinity, the two natures of Christ, the hypostatic union, etc., are essential to salvation. While it may be argued that it is theoretically possible that a person might be saved without believing them, and while God might extraordinarily save a person without the belief of these, yet in the ordinary course of Christian discipleship and growth these truths are a vital part of faith and life. There is a moral obligation to learn and live these precious truths which God has revealed for His glory and our good. A person professing the faith in these circumstances that later disavows the Trinity is one who does not possess the faith.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't deny the trinity. I can't justifiably say it is absolutely needed for salvation is all.
If you define "salvation" to be nothing but a punctiliar, one-time, event, you are using the word incorrectly, for regeneration (re-birth) is but the beginning of one's conversion process. God's redemptive plan of salvation includes the Golden Chain of foreknowledge, predestination, calling, regeneration, faith, repentance, justification, union to Christ, adoption, sanctification, and glorification. Hence Scripture's frequent use of the now/not yet tenses when speaking of our salvation.

AMR

Last edited:

Rosenritter

Those that deny the Trinity have no warrant from Scripture to call themselves Christian believers.

Confessing Christ as our Lord presumes one actually knows who He is and it is the presumption of all Scripture written by those superintended by God the Holy Spirit. As the Psalms teach us, no man can ransom another. Jesus is not mere man.

God the Holy Spirit regenerates the believer. God. The special revelation of God is saturated with the Triune Godhead of three personal subsistences, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For one to be regenerated by God and then be caused to believe God is not Triune, for it is God who is granting the faith of the regenerated, would imply God's house is divided. This is nonsense.

The more you weigh in with sanctimonious denunciations in my direction the more you evidence your confusion about matters of the faith. To confess Jesus is Lord and not believe He is God means one does not understand what Lord actually means.

Truths like the Trinity, the two natures of Christ, the hypostatic union, etc., are essential to salvation. While it may be argued that it is theoretically possible that a person might be saved without believing them, and while God might extraordinarily save a person without the belief of these, yet in the ordinary course of Christian discipleship and growth these truths are a vital part of faith and life. There is a moral obligation to learn and live these precious truths which God has revealed for His glory and our good. A person professing the faith in these circumstances that later disavows the Trinity is one who does not possess the faith.

AMR

Notice the lack of scriptural support for anything just said there. Given that in scripture Trinity is neither mentioned by name, let alone defined, further let alone clearly taught, AMR would self-righteously declare Pops as damned for insisting on scripture. Whereas Jesus said "sell all that you have and follow me" to inherit eternal life, and Peter says "repent and believe the gospel and you shall be saved" AMR seems to think that he needs to add something more.

So much like the Pharisees, always trying to add on more than what God asked for. Now AMR could be honest, and say what he believes the Trinity to be, and ask for confirmation on specific points and reference them from scripture, but he wouldn't have any of that.

Robert Pate

Banned

AMR

How does one profess that Jesus is Lord and then deny that he is the savior of the world? 1 John 2:2.

How does one profess that Jesus is Lord and then deny that he has atoned for everyones sins? Hebrews 2:9.

If Jesus has not defeated sin, death and the devil, then Jesus is not Lord and should be removed from his position at the right hand of God, Hebrews 1:3.

If Jesus is Lord, then salvation can only be by grace through faith. Ephesians 2:8.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Another to add to the list. Sigh.

LA, please add your vote to the poll for the benefit of others who do not wish to converse with a rabid anti-Trinitarian.

AMR

The Roman Catholic based Calvanist can not converse with anyone who uses plain scripture.

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You must remember Rose, the soul lives on forever, it cannot cease to exist. Even the fire of the Lake of Fire cannot destroy the Soul.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Do you have a point to make or is it just some random verses you decided to post?