Dodged Questions

SaulToPaul 2

Not the apostle Paul--you. :rolleyes: Do you sin?

Romans 7
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

It's all true for me.
Is it true for you?

Do you commit sin? (STILL DODGING, I SEE)

SaulToPaul 2

The artful dodger, serpentdove, won't be honest and admit that he commits sin and is therefore a child of the devil.

Neither will he claim that he is dead to sin by the body of Christ, and that his sins have been fully dealt with long ago.

Sad dilemma for him.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Do you sin? :chz4brnz: Romans 7...
Pr 16:18

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

See:

Entire Sanctification Heresy

"SECTION OUTLINE SEVEN (ROMANS 7)
Paul discusses how the law of God applies to and affects three kinds of people.

I. SPIRITUAL PEOPLE AND THE LAW (7:1–6)
A. Their relationship to the law (7:1–3, 5)
1. They are like widows freed from their husbands (7:1–3).
2. They are like dead men freed from their lusts (7:5) .
B. Their relationship to the Savior (7:4, 6)
1. They have been raised by Christ (7:4a, 6): They are released from the law.
2. They are now to produce fruit through Christ (7:4b): Thus spiritual people are delivered from the law.

II. NATURAL PEOPLE AND THE LAW (7:7–13): The law is used in a twofold manner.
A. The illustration usage (7:7, 10): God used the law to reveal the sinfulness of the flesh.
B. The condemnation usage (7:8–9, 11–13): Sin used the law to rekindle the sinfulness of the flesh. Thus natural people are doomed by the law.

III. CARNAL PEOPLE AND THE LAW (7:14–26)
A. Paul has learned that any attempt to keep the law leads to carnality (7:14–23).
1. The confusion (7:14–16): Paul’s frustration is twofold.
a. He doesn’t do the things he wants to do (7:14–15a, 16a).
b. He does the things he doesn’t want to do (7:15b, 16b).
2. The corruption (7:17–20): He realizes the total corruption of his old sinful nature.
3. The conclusion (7:21–23): He understands the daily struggle within him.
a. The old nature, always attempting to do wrong (7:21a, 23)
b. The new nature, always attempting to do right (7:21b–22)
B. Paul has learned that no attempt to keep the law can lead to spirituality (7:24–25).
1. The agony of Paul’s problem (7:24) : “What a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin?”
2. The answer to Paul’s problem (7:25) : “Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord.”

SECTION OUTLINE EIGHT (ROMANS 8)
Paul outlines seven new assurances accompanying salvation.

I. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW POSITION (8:1–8).
A. Our position in regard to the Son of God (8:1–3): The believer is in Christ.
1. The miracle involved (8:1, 3a): Believers receive no condemnation and are freed from sin and death.
2. The means involved (8:2, 3b): This was accomplished not through the law of Moses but by the death of Christ.
B. Our position in regard to the law of God (8:4–8): We are now able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law in and through Christ.

II. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW GUEST (8:9–14).
A. Who he is (8:9) : He is the blessed Holy Spirit himself.
B. What he does (8:10–14)
1. He once strengthened Christ and raised him from the dead (8:11) .
2. He now lives within us and controls us (8:9) .
3. He now strengthens us and will someday raise us from the dead (8:10, 12–14).

III. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW ADOPTION (8:15–17): We are now members of God’s family.
A. Giving us an intimacy with the Father (8:15–16)
B. Giving us an inheritance from the Father (8:17)

IV. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW HOPE (8:18–25): The nature of this hope is the full and final redemption of all things, including:
A. Christians (8:18, 23–25)
1. The present grief (8:18a, 23): Believers groan to be released from pain and suffering.
2. The future glory (8:18b, 24–25)
a. The comparison (8:18b): Today’s grief is nothing when compared with tomorrow’s glory.
b. The command (8:24–25): Until then, however, we are to wait patiently and confidently.
B. Creation (8:19–22)
1. Nature, the victim (8:20, 21b–22): The natural world of plants and animals groans in pain because of the fall.
2. Nature, the victor (8:19, 21a): Nature, too, will be liberated from decay and death to freedom and fruitfulness.

V. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW PRAYER HELPER (8:26–27).
A. The identity of this helper (8:26a): He is the Holy Spirit.
B. The indispensability of this helper (8:26b): His prayers are vital, because we don’t even know what we should pray for.
C. The intensity of this helper (8:26c–27)
1. How he prays (8:26c): He prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
2. What he prays (8:27) : He pleads for us in harmony with God’s own will.

VI. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW CONFIDENCE (8:28) .
A. What it involves (8:28a): God causes everything to work together for good.
B. Whom it involves (8:28b): Those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

VII. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW DESTINY (8:29–39).
A. The summary (8:29) : The Father himself has decreed that all believers should become like his dear Son!
B. The steps (8:30)
1. We were foreknown by the Father (8:30a).
2. We were predestined by the Father (8:30b).
3. We were called by the Father (8:30c).
4. We were justified by the Father (8:30d).
5. We were glorified by the Father (8:30e).
C. The security (8:31–39)
1. There exists no possible accusation against believers (8:31–34).
a. The Father will not allow this (8:31–33).
(1) He once gave us his Son (8:31–32a).
(2) He now gives us all things (8:32b–33).
b. The Son will not allow this (8:34) .
(1) He died for us (8:34a).
(2) He was resurrected for us (8:34b).
(3) He now prays for us (8:34c).
2. There exists no possible separation from the Savior (8:35–39): This includes:
a. Both life and death (8:35–38a)
b. Both angels and demons (8:38b)
c. Both present and future (8:38c)
d. Both height and depth (8:39)" Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Ro 7–8:39). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Wrong Adding SaulToPaul to Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) . :burnlib:] She sure is.

[Was there a point in time when the Son was separated from the Father or the Holy Spirit? :chz4brnz:] Is that your brains falling out? Oh wait, couldn't be; that would be impossible for you.
:yawn: Was there a point in time when the Son was separated from the Father or the Holy Spirit? :chz4brnz: Can the Father be separated from the Son? Can the Son be separated from the Holy Spirit? Is God's oneness divisible or indivisible?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:yawn: Was there a point in time when the Son was separated from the Father or the Holy Spirit? :chz4brnz: Can the Father be separated from the Son? Can the Son be separated from the Holy Spirit? Is God's oneness divisible or indivisible?
:yawn: Was there a point in time when the Son didn't have a flesh and blood body?