Do you think Zakath will make his 9th round post?

Do you think Zakath will make his 9th round post?

• Yes

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 33 94.3%

• Total voters

Freak

I believe the formal debate was used of God (despite some mishaps) to touch Zakath's mind & heart. I believe God used Bob and his presentation to challenge Zakath...and Zakath is bothered..he knows (and possibly accepted it).

Em7add11

Official TOL band member
I don't mean this disrespectfully, but isn't Zakath an older gentleman? Maybe it's health issues.

Crow

Boy, that is one offensive signature, Knight. Just splendid! Good thing I'm into dispensationalism.

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by Goose
He's done this before.

During the middle of a Battle Royale in which he was a participant? Don't get me wrong -- I hope he's fine and does return soon to let us know he's all right. I just don't see him forfeiting a debate like this, especially when he has such a vocal cheering section. Granted, I've only been around a few months, so I could be reading this all wrong.

frostmanj

Subscriber
I have never seen Zakath back down from a fight. This worries me. He knows that this is a religious board, so I don't buy the idea that he is afraid of losing. I am sure he knew that debating the existence of God on a Theology website was a losing proposition (at least from the vantage of the likely spectators). No, I don't think you can attest this absense to cowardice or fear of losing. In many ways I have to grudgingy admire him for his ability to defend himself eloquently (unlike most athiests on this board).

I think we all need to say a prayer for Zakath.

JosephofMessiah

Re: Do you think Zakath will make his 9th round post?

Originally posted by Knight
Do you think Zakath will make his 9th round post in battle Royale VII?

So far he has missed all time extensions and now has until Wednesday August 6th at midnight MDT.

Depends Knight,

There have been freak storms around the area I live in and not long ago a husband, wife, and child were all killed in a car that was pulling through an intersection because lightening struck a tree which then fell on the car.

The husband and wife were 33 years old and the child was 3 years old and 3 died in the car.

What area of the country was Zak from anyways, I'm southeastern here.

Oh, has Zak posted AT ALL since his post in the "battle?"

And lastly, the pastor's ignorant numbering system may have made it simply not worth the struggle to Zak, as a Diest I can continue Zak's argument line if you'd like for I can see why an atheist is an atheist, and I'd really like you to setup a "absolute morality" battle between me and an absolutist.

Crow

Zak's kids are all grown, so he's no spring chicken. I can't see Zak running off in the middle of this--not after all of the work he put into the first 8 posts. And it's not like Zak's afraid to be on the unpopular end of things. I'm thinking that he's incapacitated, or dead, like OEJ said. The bad thing is, I don't think he ever let anyone know enough about him to contact him other than PM or email, and he's not responding to either.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I hope he and his are well...

This thought keeps crossing my mind...

Z wanted to debate Mr. Enyart something fierce for the longest time. I had the idea he had some sort of earth moving questions he wanted hashed out, being an ex pastor. I was rather shocked when I saw it all boiling down to basically the same day to day stuff, he was wasting his long sought opportunity. Perhaps it was going a different way than what he had hoped, and he was unable to lower the defense mechanism to make the needed course adjustments.

I would agree, I have never seen Z back down from a fight. But maybe Z missed Mr. Enyart's uncanny ability to hit the chinks in folk's armor. From what I undertand of his past, he would have a lot to wrestle with. I can only imagine the prodigal son probaly felt he must eat a lil crow (no offence Crow :D) when he came home...

Or maybe I am just optimistic.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well if he did die... I hope his daughter who is a Christian was able to talk with him on his death bed.

My guess is... he is NOT dead. I have seen him do this before. I have seen him back down from a couple of fights. I seriously doubt Zakath thought Bob would put this much effort into this battle.

Sozo

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack
I hate to say it folks, but I think he died. I hope, for his sake, that I'm wrong.

Well at least, his reasons for debating would be conclusive.

philosophizer

I just put down a Yes vote just for the sake of doing it. If he ever comes back from wherever he his, I think he'll finish things up.