Do you know the goodness of God's Law?

way 2 go

Have you learned from God's Law? Do you see God's goodness in His Law?

the law is the knowledge of good and evil
but we walk by the spirit

Rom 7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
Rom 7:7 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, "You shall not covet."
Rom 7:8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.
Rom 7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
the law is the knowledge of good and evil
but we walk by the spirit

Rom 7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
Rom 7:7 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, "You shall not covet."
Rom 7:8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.
Rom 7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.
The knowledge of good and evil is not the law.

way 2 go

The knowledge of good and evil is not the law.

spkyrll.gif

Rom 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

way 2 go

God's law has nothing to do with knowledge or free will.

facepalm.gif

Rom 3:19 We know that everything in the Law was written for those who are under its power.
The Law says these things to stop anyone from making excuses and to let God show that the whole world is guilty.

Bradley D

I believe if a believer lives according to God's Word they will discover the goodness of living according to it. We will always have to deal with the world because of "evil imaginations of the heart"/human nature. But the Holy Spirit will guide us. One still has free will to do as they want. I prefer God's way because the rewards are much greater.

Ben Masada

I believe if a believer lives according to God's Word they will discover the goodness of living according to it. We will always have to deal with the world because of "evil imaginations of the heart"/human nature. But the Holy Spirit will guide us. One still has free will to do as they want. I prefer God's way because the rewards are much greater.

What are you saying for heaven's sake, that you prefer God's way because of the rewards? Now, I understand why dogs prefer those among humans who give them most the treats they like. Sorry, but that's what came up to my mind after reading your statement above about rewards. We Jews prefer God's way because that's a Jewish thing to go for.