Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

StanJ

Ezekiel 13:7

7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The Lord saith it; albeit I have not spoken?​

If you would stop trying to teach what the Bible does not teach, and start agreeing with God as to what His Word actually says, then we would have nothing to disagree about.

This just shows what a troll you are, as you quote a verse and pay NO attention to the fact it is directed at yourself. :loser:

StanJ

Yes, you may never see, no matter how many verses people quote to you.

John 3:34-36

34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.​

Why do you refuse to believe in the Son?

I do believe in the Son, as my God and savior. Typically you and your ilk ignore direct scripture and deflect with others that don't mention His divinity as if they are the ONLY verses that count. FYI, ALL of Jesus' words count and are to be assimilated.

genuineoriginal

This just shows what a troll you are, as you quote a verse and pay NO attention to the fact it is directed at yourself. :loser:
Here is the verse again.

Ezekiel 13:7
7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The Lord saith it; albeit I have not spoken?​

All through this thread, I have been stating that the Bible does not teach the Trinity.
I am not saying the Lord said something He did not speak.

All through this thread, you have been stating that the Bible explicitly teaches the Trinity, even though you have never been able to provide any proof of your allegations.
You are saying that the Bible says something it does not say.

The verse is about your actions, not about mine.

Learn what is actually written in the Bible before claiming that it says something it does not say.

genuineoriginal

I do believe in the Son, as my God and savior. Typically you and your ilk ignore direct scripture and deflect with others that don't mention His divinity as if they are the ONLY verses that count.
I believes the word of the Bible over the words of man, you do not.
The testimony of the Bible is that God the Father is the only one to worship and Jesus is the Son of God who was sent by God the Father.

You don't want to believe the testimony of the scripture, so you twist it in your mind until you believe it says God the Son instead of Son of God.

ALL of Jesus' words count and are to be assimilated.
Why don't you start practicing what you preach?

Matthew 10:32-33
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.​

Stop denying the Son of God before man and start confessing that Jesus is the Son of God sent by God the Father.

In your version, God did not send anyone.

oatmeal

As the God-man, there should be numerous verses regarding His humanity.

As I said, what would you know about actually believing scripture.

You do not choose to believe God's testimony of Himself and His son, so you add to God's word with words like "God-man" and trinity, triune, fully God fully man etc.

Why don't you simply believe what is written instead of adding to the text?

oatmeal

Rather, all three Divine Persons who are the one Being of God raised one of those three Divine Persons---the Incarnate Son---from the dead. Your fundamental error is in failing to distinguish between the concepts of "Being" and Person." God is THREE Persons in ONE Being.

Wrong, for the reasons outlined above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

That is a fascinating tale.

Now, can we get back to scripture?

Jesus is a man approved of God, Acts 2:22

the man Christ Jesus is the one mediator between God and men. I Timothy 2:5

Truth is simple, it does not require any smoke and mirrors.

"Being" and "Person" let us get back to scripture and show me where those terms are used as you use them to define God.

Your God (Gods) is not the one found in scripture.

Since you choose to worship and serve a god of your own making, that is your choice.

I will serve the God of scripture.

Apple7

As I said, what would you know about actually believing scripture.

You do not choose to believe God's testimony of Himself and His son, so you add to God's word with words like "God-man" and trinity, triune, fully God fully man etc.

Why don't you simply believe what is written instead of adding to the text?

No scripture thwarts The Trinity.

oatmeal

No scripture thwarts The Trinity.

Where does scripture say that?

Jesus is a man approved of God Acts 2:22

The man Christ Jesus is the one mediator between God and men I Timothy 2:5

Even as the head of every man is Christ, even so, the head of Christ is God I Corinthians 11:3

Why not believe what is written?

Cruciform

That is a fascinating tale. Now, can we get back to scripture?
...your preferred interpretations of Scripture, you mean.

Jesus is a man approved of God, Acts 2:22...the man Christ Jesus is the one mediator between God and men. I Timothy 2:5
You can quote all the biblical texts you like which indicate that Jesus Christ is a man, and it will do absolutely nothing to negate our position, since Trinitarians wholeheartedly affirm that Jesus is a man. We simply deny your false assertion that He is ONLY a man. Try again.

"Being" and "Person" let us get back to scripture and show me where those terms are used as you use them to define God.
Let us get back to Scripture and show me where the Bible states that "Only terms which are used explicitly in Scripture may be employed by Christians to explain their beliefs." Chapter-and-verse, please.

Your God (Gods) is not the one found in scripture.
On the contrary.

Try again.

Since you choose to worship and serve a god of your own making, that is your choice.
You can go ahead and just apply that to yourself.

I will serve the God of scripture.
Already categorically refuted above. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Apple7

Where does scripture say that?

Jesus is a man approved of God Acts 2:22

The man Christ Jesus is the one mediator between God and men I Timothy 2:5

Even as the head of every man is Christ, even so, the head of Christ is God I Corinthians 11:3

Why not believe what is written?

Already comprehended by The Trinity.

Think about it while you are on vacation...:guitar:

StanJ

All through this thread, I have been stating that the Bible does not teach the Trinity.
I am not saying the Lord said something He did not speak.

All through this thread, you have been stating that the Bible explicitly teaches the Trinity, even though you have never been able to provide any proof of your allegations.
You are saying that the Bible says something it does not say.

The verse is about your actions, not about mine.

Learn what is actually written in the Bible before claiming that it says something it does not say.

and all through this thread you have been wrong and refuse to admit it. So be it...you will have NO excuse when the time comes, but you WILL bow you knee and confess exactly who Jesus really is.

Only people like you, who constantly say to learn what the Bible says, practise the contrary. You're like a broken record, incapable of moving on from your inculcated views.

The BIBLE says Jesus is our savior. The Bible says that God is our savior, thus Jesus is our God and Savior, and ONE with His father and the Holy Spirit, our Triune God.

StanJ

I believes the word of the Bible over the words of man, you do not.
The testimony of the Bible is that God the Father is the only one to worship and Jesus is the Son of God who was sent by God the Father.

As you don't use it and deny that which is given you, I can only conclude this is a bold faced lie.

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Reactions: Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
As you don't use it and deny that which is given you, I can only conclude this is a bold faced lie.

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Broken record, its been refuted over and over, and of course you will not admit it. Nothing new under the sun.

genuineoriginal

and all through this thread you have been wrong and refuse to admit it. So be it...you will have NO excuse when the time comes, but you WILL bow you knee and confess exactly who Jesus really is.
You continue to prove your lack of understanding.

Only people like you, who constantly say to learn what the Bible says, practise the contrary. You're like a broken record, incapable of moving on from your inculcated views.
You don't even believe what the Bible says.

The BIBLE says Jesus is our savior. The Bible says that God is our savior, thus Jesus is our God and Savior, and ONE with His father and the Holy Spirit, our Triune God.
You ignore much of what the Bible actually says.

Acts 5:31
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.​

StanJ

You continue to prove your lack of understanding.

You don't even believe what the Bible says.

You ignore much of what the Bible actually says.

Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.​

and here, we have;

Denial

Denial

Denial

You do know what denial is as you do it ALL the time, but NEVER directly answer posts that refute your POV. No use wasting anymore time on you.
Ignored!