Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

glorydaz

All I read is GOD raised Him, so if we are to go on the Triune nature of God, the Father raised the Son.

You can't separate the Godhead. Read further. He said, "I will raise it" and "I have the power to take it up again"...speaking of His body..

John 2:19-22
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

John 10:18
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Jesus IS 'The Glory'.

Thus...He raised Himself...
Actually the Greek means awakened when referring to Jesus, and there is a different word for the father actually fixing up Jesus out of the dead.

Apple7 said:
This IS 'The Holy Spirit'...just as it is in all of the other NT locations...
The holy spirit is the father. Thus, the holy spirit=a father= the God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to accept your doctrine came from the gnostic Valentinus, and this Logos doctrine has nothing to do with the New, or Old Testament.

You shoot yourself in foot by saying that Valentinus was a gnostic. Gnosticism is the earliest know heresy to the Church. Get a clue.

1 John 5:7King James Version (KJV)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
You shoot yourself in foot by saying that Valentinus was a gnostic. Gnosticism is the earliest know heresy to the Church. Get a clue.

1 John 5:7King James Version (KJV)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Original Greek version of Comma John said:
ὅτι τρεῖς εἰσιν οἱ μαρτυροῦντες ἐν τῷ οὐρανῷ, πατὴρ λόγος, καὶ πνεῦμα ἅγιον καὶ οὗτοι οἱ τρεῖς ἕν εἰσιν
", ...how the three, they are. Some which that testify at an elevation, being the father the word-statement, and the spirit by the honoration, and such a three by the one, they are. "

There is no Greek και meaning 'and' separating father and word. Thus the father is the word, and not the son as implied by putting a unnecessary comma in the English, something which would be put in the Greek. Even if the son testifies it is only to the glory of the father the Immanuel. But John cared most about the name of the father of Adam and then of Jesus.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
", ...how the three, they are. Some which that testify at an elevation, being the father the word-statement, and the spirit by the honoration, and such a three by the one, they are. "

There is no Greek και meaning 'and' separating father and word. Thus the father is the word, and not the son as implied by putting a unnecessary comma in the English, something which would be put in the Greek. Even if the son testifies it is only to the glory of the father the Immanuel. But John cared most about the name of the father of Adam and then of Jesus.

If it is incorrect, why is it still there. You have a real problem. Your intellectuality has clouded your common sense. That is if you have any.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
If it is incorrect, why is it still there. You have a real problem. Your intellectuality has clouded your common sense. That is if you have any.
There is no και between πατρος and λογος; thus the punctuational comma separates the two nouns without a και. It is a major unscholarly puffy-bird up. Yes, Valentinus a heretic gave the logos and trinity doctrine to the early church.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no και between πατρος and λογος; thus the punctuational comma separates the two nouns without a και. It is a major unscholarly puffy-bird up. Yes, Valentinus a heretic gave the logos and trinity doctrine to the early church.

John did a pretty good job with the rest of the apostles in teaching the Trinity doctrine which came from their teacher. :duh:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
John did a pretty good job with the rest of the apostles in teaching the Trinity doctrine which came from their teacher. :duh:
John did no such thing. The feebleness of Tyndale's translations still exist even newer bibles. Your faith in images cannot change how you are nothing special.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John did no such thing. The feebleness of Tyndale's translations still exist even newer bibles. Your faith in images cannot change how you are nothing special.

From John.

John 1:1 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 Modern English Version (MEV)

14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:1-2 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have touched, concerning the Word of life—

2 the life was revealed, and we have seen it and testify to it, and announce to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was revealed to us—

You loose.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You can't separate the Godhead. Read further. He said, "I will raise it" and "I have the power to take it up again"...speaking of His body..

John 2:19-22
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

John 10:18
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

Y'all just keep piping up without reading.

Jesus had the authority to speak for God.

He had the power to receive his life again.

This power was faith.

He believed God.

You might wanna learn this Godhead......

God is the head of Christ.

Christ is the head of man.

Man is the head of woman.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
John 1:14 said:
Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν καὶ ἐθεασάμεθα τὴν δόξαν αὐτοῦ δόξαν ὡς μονογενοῦς παρὰ πατρός πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας
"And a word-statement the flesh it became, and it dwelt at us, and we beheld a glory of hisn, the glory of the uniquely-begotten thing from the father, the thing filled, the favor and the truth."

And one easily understand who Valentinus' god in this fragment.

Fragment 7: Valentinus' Vision of the Word

I saw a newborn child, and questioned it to find out who it was. And the child answered me saying, "I am the Word"

It doesn't matter if your god is Jesus. It matters if your God is YHWH.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"And a word-statement the flesh it became, and it dwelt at us, and we beheld a glory of hisn, the glory of the uniquely-begotten thing from the father, the thing filled, the favor and the truth."

I saw a newborn child, and questioned it to find out who it was. And the child answered me saying, "I am the Word"

:blabla::blabla::blabla: No wonder it isn't accepted. It is blasphemous. You need to remove anything that says Christian from your avatar display even though it also says other. You are definitely an other. You aren't a Christian.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:blabla::blabla::blabla: No wonder it isn't accepted. It is blasphemous. You need to remove anything that says Christian from your avatar display even though it also says other. You are definitely an other. You aren't a Christian.

Yep. He just came off being banned. He'll probably be banned again, hopefully?

StanJ

The Gnostic scriptures aren't accepted in Christianity, so this means absolutely nothing.
John 1:1 & 14 tells us who the word is....JESUS.