Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

Dan Emanuel

You should complain to Jesus because He says to follow Him.
No, I'll complain to you. What do you have against calling yourself a "Christian?" Why do you have to call yourself out as different from the rest of us, by identifying as "Jesuses follower?" Are you saying your better than other's who only call ourselve's "Christian?"

Did you call me arrogant?

Daniel

Ben Masada

Relax. Every religion with competing claim's has to call every other religions contradictory claim's a lie. If you thought it was true, you'd be a Christian. So all your saying is, "I'm not a Christian."

Unless you believe in Jesus as creature's believe in there Creator.
Same with the Trinity.
The Trinity is absolutely unique.
Huge straw man since the Trinity is 1 God.
The Trinity is not corporeal.

Daniel

Really! Where did Jesus leave his body before he went back to heaven to sit at the right hand of God? Nowhere. He took his body with him and became different from the Father and the Holy Ghost. Now, how could three be one? That's a paradox that makes no sense. I have refuted that doctrine with The Absolute Oneness of HaShem. But you are not ready for the Truth.

Dan Emanuel

Really! Where did Jesus leave his body before he went back to heaven to sit at the right hand of God? Nowhere. He took his body with him and became different from the Father and the Holy Ghost. Now, how could three be one? That's a paradox that makes no sense. I have refuted that doctrine with The Absolute Oneness of HaShem. But you are not ready for the Truth.
The Trinity explain's our Lord Jesus Christ perfectly well, and maintain's the absolute uniqueness and unity of God.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

I am only trying to follow what Jesus says. Jesus says to follow Him, and I am replying Him by saying, yes, Lord. I will follow you.

So I am Jesus' follower.

It is your problem with Jesus, not mine.
All right. I was just asking.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

Again! How can exist absolute uniqueness when the Father is in Spirit and the son is in body? You must be kidding!
I don't know what you mean by "the Father is in Spirit."

As for the Son, we talk about the hypostatic union between His divine essence or nature, and His human nature.

All Is are dotted and all Ts are crossed. The doctrine has no hole's. Its air tight.

Daniel

genuineoriginal

I would say that one cannot knowingly deny or reject the Trinity and be considered a "Christian."

You would also say would say that one cannot knowingly deny or reject the Pope and be considered a "Christian."

The real question is not whether the Church of Rome will accept a person as a "Christian" but what does the Bible state as being necessary for salvation.

Ben Masada

I don't know what you mean by "the Father is in Spirit."

As for the Son, we talk about the hypostatic union between His divine essence or nature, and His human nature.

All Is are dotted and all Ts are crossed. The doctrine has no hole's. Its air tight.

Daniel

You don't know what I mean because you do not read your own NT. Read John 4:24. Jesus himself said that God is a Spirit. Spirits are incorporeal. If Jesus is in flesh, they can't be the same. So the Trinity is more than one and, as the name says, three.

genuineoriginal

Given that God is not a liar and has clearly laid out the fact of the Triune Godhead, and that it is God that is doing the saving of His children, it is impossible for there to be a person so regenerated by God that denies the Trinity. This would in effect be a house divided.

All Christians are Trinitarians.
All non-Trinitarians are not Christians.

AMR

Given that the Church of Rome did not lay out the doctrine of the Triune Godhead until the Council of Constantinople in 360 CE, you don't know what you are talking about.

iamaberean

Plenty if your accepting the New Testament. The scriptural support for the Trinity in the Old Testament is less clear of course, which is only natural, since the Trinity had not yet become a man.
Jehovah God is the Trinity. The Trinity is Jehovah God. Numbers 6:24-26 KJV

Daniel

You say the same thing all trinity believers say. God is trinity because my pastor says so!

But the truth is, God is one because the bible says so.

Sancocho

You don't know what I mean because you do not read your own NT. Read John 4:24. Jesus himself said that God is a Spirit. Spirits are incorporeal. If Jesus is in flesh, they can't be the same. So the Trinity is more than one and, as the name says, three.

You as a Jew are not required to believe in the New Testament. However, we who call Christ the messiah have this:

"And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth."

Daniel1611

You say the same thing all trinity believers say. God is trinity because my pastor says so!

But the truth is, God is one because the bible says so.

I believe in the Trinity because it is in the Bible. Genesis 1. 1 John 5:7. 2 Timothy 3:16. I could go on.

CherubRam

I believe in the Trinity because it is in the Bible. Genesis 1. 1 John 5:7. 2 Timothy 3:16. I could go on.
You desperately need a study bible.

NIV Study Bible
Footnotes:
a.
1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

Daniel1611

You desperately need a study bible.

NIV Study Bible
Footnotes:
a.
1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

So the Bible is not reliable? No need for you to answer. I know your stance on anything that is part of orthodox Christianity. I'm not interested in Judaism or Judaizers like westcott and hort or their jewish masters.