DO WE HAVE TO KEEP THE LAW

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I believe we are in the kingdom now. Jesus said it was at hand and Paul said we are transferred to it.

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Do you believe new earth which is paradise earth which is perfect peace on earth?

I will start a new thread about it.

God's people will live on paradise earth. This is what Jesus' followers are hoping for in second lives.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe we are in the kingdom now. Jesus said it was at hand and Paul said we are transferred to it.

Having God's Spirit transfers us to the kingdom. The kingdom is as close as our last breath.
But now we do not yet see all things put under man. (Hebrews 2:8)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree, so those who are NOT in Christ are lost but those IN Christ are saved. I believe we must do something to be in Christ, if there is nothing we must do to be in Christ then everyone is saved. How does one come to be in Christ and can we be cast out once we are part of Christ is the subject of much debate. I believe there are things we must do to be added to Christ and things we must continue to do to stay in Christ.

Do you believe there are those who have been chosen of God, His elect? If a person has the Holy Spirit in them do you believe they are saved and born again?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you make straw man argument?

No ones says our works alone save us. Faithfulness comes with works.

Faith alone makes dead faith. James says faith without deed is dead, remember?

Faith without works is dead, being by itself. It is not a combination of faith and works though, it is faith and the works come with faith. Else a person with faith simply knows they are saved and must have works, but not to get saved or maintain salvation (that is a work of Christ).

The question was, "what saves a person?". The answer is not works and neither is it faith. Yes, the saved person has faith and works. But what saved them?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To what it really says, amen.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

What translation are you using? I believe salvation is by grace through faith. Salvation is of God in Jesus alone.

iouae

You want to run our just-a-system based on what most people are doing?

This is not God's first choice for society today.
When He comes, righteousness will prevail.

One cannot put a patch on an old wineskin. So we could NEVER apply God's law all of a sudden to this society.

God "winks" at our sins today, meaning turns a blind eye to it. This is to have mercy on those coming to Him.

When He rules in His eternal kingdom, His will be done on earth as in heaven. His will is not done on earth now. And He wills it that way, for now.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul's two statements in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 are but a small part of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If indeed salvation is by God's grace then these two statements are not really essential to salvation.

The heart of salvation is Jesus' statement that no one has access to the Father except through him.
The gospel declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is the gospel by which we are saved. No trusting the Lord believing that gospel (the gospel of Christ)equals no salvation (Romans 1:16 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
I like the law. It is my friend. The law is only a threat in a graceless religion. I don't have to be perfect. I just need grace.
By placing yourself under the law, you are under a curse. Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Your logic is faulty because you fail to recognize that when Paul says "without the law" he is talking about the law of Moses. No one can be saved by the law of Moses.

In the but now, the righteousness of God without the law is manifested; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ which is unto all and upon all them that believe.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

That is certainly not what we see in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John or even looking at those to whom Peter preached (Matthew 19:17 KJV, Matthew 23:1-3 KJV,Acts 21:20 KJV).

Is the righteousness of God upon you? If so, how? If not, why not?

iouae

By placing yourself under the law, you are under a curse. Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Under the NT and Jesus, my righteousness comes from Christ covering my sins (unlike Old Covenant folks who had no real Atonement).

That does not mean that I deliberately sin (or break the law). Those deliberately living in sin are cursed.

Shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound? God forbid. Rom 6:1

Heir, Paul is complicated, but he never advocated law-breaking.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Faith without works is dead, being by itself.
Actually, James writes that faith without works is dead (James 2:18-26 KJV), but that was never said to us (James 1:1 KJV). So while some might say that faith without works is dead misapplying it to us, grace without works isn't dead (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)! Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV) given the dispensation of the grace of God to usward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). If you want to know what was said to us, you'll find it in the form of sound words (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) of Romans through Philemon.

iouae

Actually, James writes that faith without works is dead (James 2:18-26 KJV), but that was never said to us (James 1:1 KJV).

Very cute Heir, saying that the 12 tribes scattered abroad does not refer to Christians. Christ sent his 12 apostles to these very 12 tribes to start churches and Christianity there.

Its super dangerous to scratch through bits of scripture as though not applying to one.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What translation are you using? I believe salvation is by grace through faith. Salvation is of God in Jesus alone.
I believe the King James Bible and I'm glad you believe salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). Please notice that the promise is by the faith of Jesus Christ to them that believe.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Those tricky, sneaky little corruptions make it by yours or my faith, by changing "of" to "in", but the glory is the Lord's!

We trust His faith and work (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) to be saved, not our own (Titus 3:4-7 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Very cute Heir, saying that the 12 tribes scattered abroad does not refer to Christians. Christ sent his 12 apostles to these very 12 tribes to start churches and Christianity there.

Its super dangerous to scratch through bits of scripture as though not applying to one.
Nothing cute about the visible church today trying to steal Israel's identity! We are not Israel. We are not from any tribe scattered abroad (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). We (the saved) are members of the Body of Christ where there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female (Galatians 3:28 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Christ sent his 12 apostles to these very 12 tribes to start churches and Christianity there.
Matthew 10:5-6 KJV

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us.

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:7 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:11 KJV). We are to follow him in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV).

The form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) is written directly TO the church, the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:23 KJV, Ephesians 5:30 KJV, Colossians 1:24-29 KJV).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe the King James Bible and I'm glad you believe salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). Please notice that the promise is by the faith of Jesus Christ to them that believe.

Those tricky, sneaky little corruptions make it by yours or my faith, by changing "of" to "in", but the glory is the Lord's!

We trust His faith and work (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) to be saved, not our own (Titus 3:4-7 KJV)!
A person must have faith. It is Jesus who saves a person.