DO WE HAVE TO KEEP THE LAW

turbosixx

Your question is, "Who receives the gift?".

God is the one who gives the gift.

I agree on both accounts

One of my points is when I see in scripture parables or stories or statements about who will be sent to Hell or will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven, it always comes down to what "they do".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree on both accounts

One of my points is when I see in scripture parables or stories or statements about who will be sent to Hell or will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven, it always comes down to what "they do".
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This is Romans 3:23 NASB. So what we have done is sin (see Romans 5:12 NASB), and that means that apart from Christ our destiny is the lake of fire.

turbosixx

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This is Romans 3:23 NASB. So what we have done is sin (see Romans 5:12 NASB), and that means that apart from Christ our destiny is the lake of fire.

I agree, so those who are NOT in Christ are lost but those IN Christ are saved. I believe we must do something to be in Christ, if there is nothing we must do to be in Christ then everyone is saved. How does one come to be in Christ and can we be cast out once we are part of Christ is the subject of much debate. I believe there are things we must do to be added to Christ and things we must continue to do to stay in Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

But not what they do now, rather it's what they do at the Last Day.

Jesus bought two different resurrections with his sacrifice.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If a person has works, do their works save them? The answer is no.

Do you know what saves them?

Why do you make straw man argument?

No ones says our works alone save us. Faithfulness comes with works.

Faith alone makes dead faith. James says faith without deed is dead, remember?

Last edited:

turbosixx

But not what they do now, rather it's what they do at the Last Day.

Jesus bought two different resurrections with his sacrifice.

Could you please explain what you mean by these statements. If I understand you correctly we are in the last days and we don't know when our last day will be so we should always be ready.

1 Thes. 1 Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.

As for two resurrections, I assume you mean that when we are added to Christ our soul is saved from death and then after we die our soul is saved from Hell fire.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Galatians 3:22 NASB - 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
To what it really says, amen.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes salvation is the free gift of grace thru Christ, Romans 5:1-2. But when we sees the parable Jesus spoke of the Sower, He spoke of 3 bad grounds and one good ground, Matthew 13:3-23. In the very last verse Christ states:
But he that received seed on the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. Matthew 13:23
So we are not saved by our own works but when the Holy Spirit fills a new believer He will produce His own fruit or work in God's child, see Ephesians 2:10.
Saved by grace through faith, but? There is no but involved in our salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Keep spread hate gospel which is your own, not of Jesus.
You best worry about yourself since the only gospel that will save you is Paul's. Romans 1:16 KJV, Romans 2:16 KJV, Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Your question is, "Who receives the gift?".

God is the one who gives the gift.
Those who receive the gift are those who receive the love of the truth by trusting the Lord believing the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth so access must be to all and that's exactly what we see Paul testify in due time!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I believe we must do something to be in Christ, if there is nothing we must do to be in Christ then everyone is saved.
This is faulty thinking on your part. Just because salvation is by grace through faith doesn't mean that all are saved. You must believe to have the righteousness of God upon you yet it is unto all.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

That righteousness is revealed in the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)/the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. (Romans 1:16-17 KJV).

Your problem is unbelief.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That righteousness is revealed in the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

Paul's two statements in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 are but a small part of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If indeed salvation is by God's grace then these two statements are not really essential to salvation.

The heart of salvation is Jesus' statement that no one has access to the Father except through him.

iouae

I don't want to break any part of the Law. I love them all. However, no one is forced to observe the Law. We all have been created with Freewill. Therefore, we have only ourselves to blame for transgressing the Law.

I am very favourably disposed towards the law, especially the 10C and the 1050 do's and don'ts commanded in the NT.

I am so glad we don't stone sinners today or kill sacrifices as in many of the 613 OT laws. If we did, we would have the same Sharia accusations thrown at us.

In a society where Jesus rules on earth, and the mainstream is God fearing, only then could sins like adultery be severely punished after perhaps being warned to go and sin no more. In today's society, if we applied the letter of God's law, most of us have committed a capital crime, by even say, cursing our folks.

Right Divider

Body part
I am very favourably disposed towards the law, especially the 10C and the 1050 do's and don'ts commanded in the NT.
And yet you break them all the time.

I am so glad we don't stone sinners today or kill sacrifices as in many of the 613 OT laws. If we did, we would have the same Sharia accusations thrown at us.

In a society where Jesus rules on earth, and the mainstream is God fearing, only then could sins like adultery be severely punished after perhaps being warned to go and sin no more. In today's society, if we applied the letter of God's law, most of us have committed a capital crime, by even say, cursing our folks.
Strange connection there.