DO WE HAVE TO KEEP THE LAW

Letsargue

In Revelations it says to Keep the Law
But
The Ordinances are part of the Law and were Nailed to the Crux.

The law of Moses contains all the laws that Moses wrote.
Some Pharisees thought that gentile Christians ought to keep the law of Moses.
The Jerusalem Council declared that they did not have to.
The writings of Moses do not have legal authority over Christians.
They are instructive, but obsolete in their legal authority.

So which is it ??????
----------------------------------------------------

Re 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Re 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

HOW Do You Miss the whole Point about the Old Law????!!!!

N-O-W - you can't help but Keep the Law and be Saved!!!!!!! -- You NOW Keep the Old Law A-N-D Keep the New Law Together, at the SAME TIME!!!!!!!!

John The Baptist ( "Changed" The Old LAW )!!! - John The Baptist Changed the Old Law T-O -- J-U-S-T BAPTISM!!!!!! Nothing But the Baptism of John WAS Just the ""Death AND Burial"", Christ ADDED Himself AND His Resurrection TO I-T!!!!! - That makes the Old Law NOW, (( The """Death, Burial, AND THE RESURRECTION""" ))!!!!!!!! --//----- Read IT!! -- If you Ever Read Anything CHRIST SAYS!!!!!!!!

BUT!!! Don't Believe IT IF You don't WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 031116

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The good ground is the believer who excercises discipline to understand the deep things of the word. The thorns are the believers that are overwhelmed with concern about this world and their dependence upon riches, the cares of the world choke the Word and they become carnal. The stony ground are believers that never take the time to study God's Word never allowing the Word to deeply root in their lives, these are the Y2K, Prayer of Jabez, Blood Moon, believers carried away with every wind of doctrine. The wayside are not saved. Like Meshak and Keypur here on TOL these have rejected the gospel seed all together .

Keep spread hate gospel which is your own, not of Jesus.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you claim to be Jesus' follower you should because Jesus says to keep His commands.

Why is it so difficult to understand?

If you were a member of the House of Israel 2000 years ago, then you would be under the Law. Do you consider to be a Jew living 2000 years ago?

Letsargue

You think you can EARN eternal life? Not so.

The FOOLISH Life Time of Man, IS Very SHORT, maybe up to 80 Years. - Lord; that Goes by FAST!!

MAN IT'S Going to be FUN /// FUNNY SEEING All these Cursed "Spiritual Fatherless FOOLS" Open Y-O-U-R Eyes in H-E-L-L!!!!!!!

MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes salvation is the free gift of grace thru Christ, Romans 5:1-2. But when we sees the parable Jesus spoke of the Sower, He spoke of 3 bad grounds and one good ground, Matthew 13:3-23. In the very last verse Christ states:
But he that received seed on the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. Matthew 13:23
So we are not saved by our own works but when the Holy Spirit fills a new believer He will produce His own fruit or work in God's child, see Ephesians 2:10.
We are not saved by our own works is true.

turbosixx

But

So which is it ??????

Re 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Re 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I don't see where it says to keep the law (of Moses) in Revelation. We are supposed to keep God's commandments which is law.

1 Thes. 4:1 Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you excel still more. 2 For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus

turbosixx

If a person has works, do their works save them? The answer is no.

Do you know what saves them?

We can't be saved by our works, if we could then we could earn salvation. Since it can't be earned it's a gift but no everyone receives the gift. I guess the question is what must one do to receive the gift and keep it.

KingdomRose

But

So which is it ??????

Does Revelation say to keep the Law? I don't see it. Keeping "the commandments of God" doesn't mean keeping the Law given to Moses. The Law was indeed "nailed to the stauros" and was fulfilled.

Jesus said there were TWO laws that his followers must keep: Loving Jehovah, the Father, and loving one's neighbor. (Matt.22:40) This would lead us to obey everything the Father says to us in His Word, which is everything that Jesus taught. The Mosaic Law gives us a good idea of what Jehovah thinks of all the situations that are mentioned in the Law, but no one is expected to follow the letter of that Law. If we love our neighbors we won't do all those things that are condemned in the Law. Make sense?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Law was indeed "nailed to the stauros" and was fulfilled.

Actually, it was sin that was nailed to the cross, not the law which the Jews continued to observe as long as they could.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We can't be saved by our works, if we could then we could earn salvation. Since it can't be earned it's a gift but no everyone receives the gift. I guess the question is what must one do to receive the gift and keep it.

I believe you are saying that not everyone receives the gift (of salvation).

My understanding is that a gift cannot be earned.

KingdomRose

Thus, the need to distinguish between the Israel of God, and the Body of Christ.

"The Israel of God" IS "the Body of Christ."

Paul said that the Israel of God was "all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct." (Galatians 6:16) What rule of conduct? Go back a couple of verses and we see what that rule is involved with: "the 'cross' of Christ,' through whom the world has been impaled."

So the Israel of God is the total amount of those who honor what Christ did, anointed to be in Christ's body and rule with him.

:cool:

turbosixx

I believe you are saying that not everyone receives the gift (of salvation).

It looks like a lot of people will not be receiving the gift.

Matt. 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

My understanding is that a gift cannot be earned.

I agree, it cannot be earned. So what determines who receives it and who does not?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It looks like a lot of people will not be receiving the gift.

Matt. 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

I agree, it cannot be earned. So what determines who receives it and who does not?
Your question is, "Who receives the gift?".

God is the one who gives the gift.