DIY Christmas help.brainstorming.ideas

Lon

I realize some don't do Christmas but this can be for any kind of gift so please, no debate or negative comment, if 'ya got naught, ya ought not' thanks.

I need to make a few presents this year. I've done this before when funds are tight. They are this year because of college costs.

The last time we did this, I made my wife an oak knickknack shelf, View attachment 26037

then small display with 3 shelves. View attachment 26038 I've made her cookie/brownie mixes in jars. I made home-made chocolates a couple of years for friends and family.

If you have any ideas or things you've made in the past, I'd love to hear some of your ideas. Thanks -Lon

My daughter made this painting for me a few years ago View attachment 26039

glorydaz

I used to do decoupage. It was so easy. Just find a board, cut out a picture or a saying (verse, etc), glue it on the board and put that decoupage clear paint over the top. Then put a picture hanger on it. :)

Reactions: Lon

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I realize some don't do Christmas but this can be for any kind of gift so please, no debate or negative comment, if 'ya got naught, ya ought not' thanks.

I need to make a few presents this year. I've done this before when funds are tight. They are this year because of college costs.

The last time we did this, I made my wife an oak knickknack shelf, View attachment 26037

then small display with 3 shelves. View attachment 26038 I've made her cookie/brownie mixes in jars. I made home-made chocolates a couple of years for friends and family.

If you have any ideas or things you've made in the past, I'd love to hear some of your ideas. Thanks -Lon

My daughter made this painting for me a few years ago View attachment 26039

Those are the BEST gifts one can receive. Years ago when my my sister and her husband were going through a difficult financial period, my nephews made a lamp at their elementary school and it was my Christmas gift. I LOVED that lamp and had it until it stopped working several years later. A few other gifts I received after moving to Nebraska was a blown up, framed pic of my two chihuahuas and a hand-made quilt. My father use to make blackberry brandy and venison jerky as gifts as well.

Lon

I used to do decoupage. It was so easy. Just find a board, cut out a picture or a saying (verse, etc), glue it on the board and put that decoupage clear paint over the top. Then put a picture hanger on it. :)

Good idea. I like it, and yes, easy. Thank you :up:

Those are the BEST gifts one can receive. Years ago when my my sister and her husband were going through a difficult financial period, my nephews made a lamp at their elementary school and it was my Christmas gift. I LOVED that lamp and had it until it stopped working several years later. A few other gifts I received after moving to Nebraska was a blown up, framed pic of my two chihuahuas and a hand-made quilt. My father use to make blackberry brandy and venison jerky as gifts as well.

Thank you. Also terrific ideas. If you still have the lamp, PM me and I'll work out sending it to me and fix it for you.