ECT D'ism was invented because Chafer thought the Bible was confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 13 says the promises to the fathers are completed in the resurrection. D'ism says most of the promises are not completed, and there is to be an actual redo. I'll go with acts 13.
No, it does not.

Of course you can always re-dictate your undocumented belief; it's up to you. I'm gone.
Oh, the beautiful irony of the one who does not believe scripture.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Acts 13 says the promises to the fathers are completed in the resurrection.

Verse or verses please?

D'ism says most of the promises are not completed, and there is to be an actual redo. I'll go with acts 13.

Of course you can always re-dictate your undocumented belief; it's up to you. I'm gone.

Disappearing when he can't keep up defending his beliefs.... Hmmm...

Interplanner

Verse or verses please?

Disappearing when he can't keep up defending his beliefs.... Hmmm...

JR and Tam, I have been here TWO YEARS. Are you just now getting around to a serious study of Acts 13? I have posted on it 1000x because it is an official transcript of the apostles in a synagogue, right where you would expect a pep talk about the restoration of the land! There's nothing. It is nowhere in his thoughts. all that matters is getting Jews into the mission of the Gospel.

I have never seen anything ruin more of the NT than an ongoing interest in a restoration of Israel, which interest was cut off by Christ in Acts 1.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JR and Tam, I have been here TWO YEARS. Are you just now getting around to a serious study of Acts 13? I have posted on it 1000x because it is an official transcript of the apostles in a synagogue, right where you would expect a pep talk about the restoration of the land! There's nothing. It is nowhere in his thoughts. all that matters is getting Jews into the mission of the Gospel.

I have never seen anything ruin more of the NT than an ongoing interest in a restoration of Israel, which interest was cut off by Christ in Acts 1.

So, you can't just provide the verses requested? You make it sound like it's stated explicitly, so I want to know the verses where you think it is so.

Interplanner

So, you can't just provide the verses requested? You make it sound like it's stated explicitly, so I want to know the verses where you think it is so.

the worst way to study the Bible is to look for code, for cyphers, for soundbytes. It is not written that way at all. The passage is in a sweeping retelling of Israel's history, in which they are twice told that previous key figures purposes accomplished what God wanted in their own generations. The sermon itself is given in a synagogue two countries removed (at least) from Judea, and Jews are anxious to know if there is any good news from their home country, or is it all going to pieces with the rancid Judaizers and rebels. Now that that is set up for you, read the sermon outloud and find out its punchlines. it's exciting!

SaulToPaul 2

the worst way to study the Bible is to look for code, for cyphers, for soundbytes. It is not written that way at all. The passage is in a sweeping retelling of Israel's history, in which they are twice told that previous key figures purposes accomplished what God wanted in their own generations. The sermon itself is given in a synagogue two countries removed (at least) from Judea, and Jews are anxious to know if there is any good news from their home country, or is it all going to pieces with the rancid Judaizers and rebels. Now that that is set up for you, read the sermon outloud and find out its punchlines. it's exciting!

From which commentary did you get this lie?

SaulToPaul 2

It's about 10 for me, and I go back and get things from last month, because so few of you realize what you were saying even a month ago. I think it is from posting here at TOL, but I hope it does not have long term effects on your memory.

Made up. We are consistent.

Interplanner

You remember your fav proof text verses, but you don't remember the off the wall mistakes you make, like STP saying that the 'ends' of the world was in I Cor 10 about marriage, or that the thing promised to the fathers is manifold (that's why expressions like that get used; totality, fulness, the overall entity) in Acts 13:32 not v23.

You just write 'made up.' Solved!

SaulToPaul 2

You remember your fav proof text verses, but you don't remember the off the wall mistakes you make, like STP saying that the 'ends' of the world was in I Cor 10 about marriage, or that the thing promised to the fathers is manifold (that's why expressions like that get used; totality, fulness, the overall entity) in Acts 13:32 not v23.

You just write 'made up.' Solved!

This is truly made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.