Discussion: Jerry Shugart vs Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door

Again you are trying to create a paradox.

What you are passively getting at is this: The moment after a believer names his or her sins to God, and is filled with the Holy Spirit, they are back in fellowship with God, and they are walking in the light. At this moment the believer has no unconfessed sin in their life.

If they say “I have no sin”, they would immediately walk in darkness, be out of fellowship with God, and the Holy Spirit would be squelched because they would be boasting of themselves. Remember, let him who boast, boast in the Lord.

So again there is no paradox, or technicality.
I'm not saying that at all.

You are really unbelievably ignorant.

I wasn't trying to trick you, nor was I creating a paradox. I'm only asking you a question. You are obviously too immature to converse with.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those verses have nothing to do with your point about sin effecting rewards.

Please start over and make your point.

Rewards are based on a believer’s spiritual maturity. The Bible describes believers as lambs, sophomores, and sheep. Obviously a sheep is going to have more rewards and blessings that a lamb.

The only way to grow, or become spiritually mature is to walk in the light with your temporal fellowship with God, be filled with the Holy Spirit. Your old sin nature needs to be suppressed as much as possible by the filling of the Holy Spirit in order to mature.

Why do some people get saved, and then never really change too much the rest of their lives? Why do some people get saved and become very mature believers?

This has anything to do with your salvation, or that Christ paid for all of your sins in past, present, and future. That is a given, the destiny part, you are eternally sealed. You will always be walking in the light from your “position” with God.

What you guys advocate is that once a person gets saved, they can sin and do whatever they want the rest of their lives and it really doesn’t matter, since they have no sin.

Tell me how does a believer go from a lamb to a sheep with your theology?

Door

If we are going to discuss this, try to stick with one point at a time.
Rewards are based on a believer’s spiritual maturity.
You have two things here that must be clarified.

First you claim that believers have some kind of reward, and secondly you claim that a reward is based on their "spiritual maturity".

You need to first prove what these rewards are, and how you define maturity. Then we can move on to your other points.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess Matthew Henry, etc. below all had similar wonderful imaginations.

Let’s see what Mathew Henry had to say about baptism:

"Noah's salvation in the ark upon the water prefigured the salvation of all good Christians in the church by baptism; that temporal salvation by the ark was a type, the antitype whereunto is the eternal salvation of believers by baptism, to prevent mistakes about which the apostle".....

"The sacrament of baptism, rightly received, is a means and a pledge of salvation. Baptism now saveth us".

I would say "YES", Mathew Henry had a wonderful imagination.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
sin determines rewards? NO
spiritual maturity determines rewards? NO
works built on the foundation of Christ? YES
1 Corinthians 3:12-14

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
another doctrine with scarce new testament support is the idea of LOSS OF FELLOWSHIP. somebody please provide me with the scriptures that teach loss of fellowship.

dreadknought

Let’s see what Mathew Henry had to say about baptism:
"Noah's salvation in the ark upon the water prefigured the salvation of all good Christians in the church by baptism; that temporal salvation by the ark was a type, the antitype whereunto is the eternal salvation of believers by baptism, to prevent mistakes about which the apostle".....
"The sacrament of baptism, rightly received, is a means and a pledge of salvation. Baptism now saveth us".
tetelestai said:
I would say "YES", Mathew Henry had a wonderful imagination.

:think: Your kidding me right? Henry is just elaborating & paraphrasing 1 Peter 3:18-21
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19 in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, 20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. 21 And corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-- not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience-- through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
2 Corinthians 5:10
for we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
no mention of sin here. no mention of spiritual maturity.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
sin determines rewards? NO
spiritual maturity determines rewards? NO
works built on the foundation of Christ? YES
1 Corinthians 3:12-14

Spiritual maturity can only be on the foundation of Christ.

Suppressing the old sin nature is the only way spiritual growth can happen. The only way the old sin nature can be suppressed is by the filling of the Holy Spirit in each believer.

The only way a believer can be filled with the Holy Spirit is to name his or her sins.

Unconfused sin will have a negative effect on rewards because it will limit spiritual growth.

Door

This discussion has gotten so sidetracked. :plain:
Not really.

I want to see some biblical evidence that sin effects "rewards".

I want proof of what those rewards are.

I want spiritual maturity to be defined.

I don't believe they have any evidence for their assertions.

Door

Jerry Shugart, you are a godless, Christ-hating, piece of trash.

Every time something is explained to you, you simply repeat the same garbage over and over again, without paying any attention to anything that was said. I hope you go to hell, and soon.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I hope you go to hell, and soon.

Why?

Why would you say this to another human being?

Why would you wish hell and damnation upon another, who is only a sinner as yourself?

It nauseates me to think of anyone going to hell.

You, being a sinner deserving hell yourself, have no right to wish hell upon another.

You, if you are saved by the grace of God from hell, should only desire grace for your fellow man.

Something is wrong with you . . .

Nang

Door

Jerry, and others like him, are preaching such a damnable false gospel, that they will lead many to hell. I don't want to see that happen. I would rather Jerry go there on his own, then drag many others with him.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jerry, and others like him, are preaching such a damnable false gospel, that they will lead many to hell. I don't want to see that happen. I would rather Jerry go there on his own, then drag many others with him.

Not a good answer.

You have no right to judge other sinners to hell, when that is what you deserve, apart from the grace of God, yourself.

Leave Jerry in the hands of God through love and prayers for Jerry, without judging him to hell, yourself. It is not your place. You are not God and you are no man's Judge!

Nang

Door

I can judge what someone says. Paul did it, and I can do it. In fact, Paul tells us to do it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I can judge what someone says. Paul did it, and I can do it. In fact, Paul tells us to do it.

Sure.

Every Christian is given the right and ability to discern truth from falsehood, and responsibility to evaluate truth from error.

But we are forbidden to judge the eternal fate of another.

"To Me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste." Deut. 32:35

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." Romans 12:19

Nang

Status
Not open for further replies.