Dinosaurs

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
And you've offered nothing.

And you've ignored the evidence.

Nope. Science is done by formulating an idea and testing it against the evidence.

My name has an "r" in it, retard.

I'm going back to your old spelling as I have lost all respect for you, hence, no r.

6days

The description could also be an allegory used to represent something else.
It seems unlikely that God would use a mythical animal, or even a crocodile as "the foremost of God's Work"
Job 40:19
New Living Translation
It is a prime example of God's handiwork

English Standard Version
He is the first of the works of God

King James Bible
He is the chief of the ways of God

Holman Christian Standard Bible
He is the foremost of God's works

International Standard Version
He is the grandest of God's undertakings

NET Bible
It ranks first among the works of God

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scripture regarding animals is the authority. If somebody looks at something and comes to a conclusion in contention with what the Bible says, the conclusion is wrong. For example; ignore that macro evolution has not been observed. If somebody says it has, I know they are wrong. Animals are born like the kind before them.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Scripture regarding animals is the authority. If somebody looks at something and comes to a conclusion in contention with what the Bible says, the conclusion is wrong. For example; ignore that macro evolution has not been observed. If somebody says it has, I know they are wrong. Animals are born like the kind before them.

scripture describes lions and sheep and wolves and horses and you can show us examples of all of these. A scriptural president is, therefore, established. Based on that president, please show us an example of the fire breathing creature described in Job.

Interplanner

scripture describes lions and sheep and wolves and horses and you can show us examples of all of these. A scriptural president is, therefore, established. Based on that president, please show us an example of the fire breathing creature described in Job.

(btw, it's precedent. No one wants anything named after 'president' after this one! lol)

The point of Gen 1 in relation to other animals is that the habitation of mankind is now populated with friendly, domesticated creatures, compared to before. There are exceptions.

As far as Leviathan etc goes, note the rarity. One reference in the oldest text, Job, and a couple in Psalms. It's just a memory. Nothing goes forward. There's just Loch Ness, and the fact of 2000 lb alligators in Florida.

But there is indication that 'formless and void' is related to a time when large hostile beasts dominated.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Still waiting for the leviathan.

godzilla-breath.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
25 When he raises himself up, the mighty are afraid; Because of his crashings they are beside themselves.

That rules out a crocodile.

Interplanner

Really?

Crocodiles EAT people on a regular basis and they can leap high into the air.

Jumping Crocodile

Crocodiles aren't dangerous unless you're near the water but if you are they can leap and grab prey.

Very violent Crocodile attacks on animals

I think there are traces of the beasts that used to be around before the creative acts of Gen 1, but they are obviously very domesticated compared to what they used to be. (I believe the universe is old, but that Gen 1 is recent).

6days

Crocodiles EAT people on a regular basis and they can leap high into the air.
The crocodiles that can't jump into the air may be eliminated by natural selection. The highest jumping crocodiles will evolve feathers in the geological blink of an eye. Who woulda thunk...flying crock!

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
The crocodiles that can't jump into the air may be eliminated by natural selection. The highest jumping crocodiles will evolve feathers in the geological blink of an eye. Who woulda thunk...flying crock!

Are you really Ray Comfort?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If giant arthropods could not possibly survive (due to lack of oxygen) in an atmosphere of the same composition that humans and other modern animals require to survive, how did they all live together? No matter which atmospheric composition that you choose, only one or the other (modern animals or giant terrestrial arthropods) could survive it. The other group would suffocate. So how does your ideology deal with this dilemma?
This is a good question. I'd like to answer it but I'm not finding much information on it. I am finding some, though.

So I'd like to hear from the common descentists what research is being cited to support this assertion.

Alate_One

Crocodiles crash down and make the earth shake now?

I dunno have you been near a large one when it hit the ground?

Nile Crocodiles can reach 20 feet long and weigh 2000 pounds.

Why do so many of you have such insistence these passages must refer to dinosaurs?

You do realize that even if they were some kind of remnant population of dinosaurs, it wouldn't disprove evolution.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I dunno have you been near a large one when it hit the ground?
yep, didnt feel the ground shake.

You do realize that even if they were some kind of remnant population of dinosaurs, it wouldn't disprove evolution.[/QUOTE]

I realize also if Jesus told you Himself the world was created and evolution was a lie, you would think it didn't disprove evolution.

Interplanner

This is a good question. I'd like to answer it but I'm not finding much information on it. I am finding some, though.

So I'd like to hear from the common descentists what research is being cited to support this assertion.

It belongs with the question of the 'canopy' atmosphere before the flood. Gen 1 mentions a suspension of water above the earth, separate from ocean, and the collapse of it during the flood. As I recall, scientists who were Christians were writing articles 40 years ago about this, saying that the collapse of such a canopy explained the amount of water of the flood. The conditions under it would have been like a greenhouse...etc. There are tropical plant remains under the Sahara, and mammoths were trapped suddenly in Siberia in places that could not possibly support them in current conditions.