ECT Different Bibles

musterion

Almost everyone reads different Bibles. I don't mean different translations, I mean different Bibles.

More specifically, most people have very different and even contradictory systems of how to understand the Bible. These contradictory systems have resulted in their reading what amounts to contradictory Bibles, even though in many cases their Bibles contain the exact same words.

That leads to completely different and contradictory concepts of God, of Christ, of man, of sin and of what can be done about sin. Which, in turn, has also led to thousands of splits and sects within all major church groups (none are immune).

Did God author this confusion? No.

Who do you think did?

And what do you think God wants us to do about it?

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Almost everyone reads different Bibles. I don't mean different translations, I mean different Bibles.

More specifically, most people have very different and even contradictory systems of how to understand the Bible. These contradictory systems have resulted in their reading what amounts to contradictory Bibles, even though in many cases their Bibles contain the exact same words.

That leads to completely different and contradictory concepts of God, of Christ, of man, of sin and of what can be done about sin. Which, in turn, has also led to thousands of splits and sects within all major church groups (none are immune).

Who do you think did?

Excellent! We see this every day on ToL. There is broad sweeping "theology" and there are essential doctrines.

Essential Doctrines...

Jesus is God.
God is TriUne
We are saved by the Sealing of the Spirit of Christ (Eph. 1:13)
Belief in Jesus via the DBR + nothing = Salvation
(John 6:63)
1 John 4:8 & 1 Cor. 13

And... the Body of Moses and the Body of Christ are two separate entities.
........ (Jude 1:9 & 1 Co. 12:27)

Eschatology revolves around Genetic and Locational Israel.

God desires a relationship with us above all other things we have to "offer" (which is nothing... so the relationship thing is paramount)

Jesus came for the Lost sheep of Israel
Paul is the emissary of Grace, elected by Jesus

....... Now.... these doctrines alone cause near theological war! So... we are afforded to reduce essential doctrine to (John 5:39f and Ephesians 2:8f)

However... these verses cause theological war!

Which leaves us with two perplexing verses that seem to contradict one another but go... ahem... hand in hand... (Exodus 14:14 and Ephesians 2:10)

All this to say... we must do what we can to be what He would have us be in the Body. It is fair to understand that until He is fully in charge... contention will remain the bodies burden. But... we are commissioned to protect the core of the gospel... Revelation says it best... (Rev. 6:6)... We know that Wine is The New Covenant and the Oil is the Holy Spirit of Christ that seals us... it is permissible to defend these doctrines of Grace and Christ within us as free and guaranteed upon saving faith. If we don't, we are allowing the work of God to come under the attack of His defeated adversary.

In all of this... the desire for unity is there, but holy civil war is never the answer... we find that... we really aren't at war with flesh and blood at all.. but spiritual forces that manipulate gospel truth for Ill purposes and deceive sincere people who are weak in faith.

What can we really do!?!

"Never Give Up, Never Give In and keep that Gospel armor dawned at all times."

Truster

The Eternal has sent a powerful delusion and that delusion is working according to His will. He sent a lying spirit to work in the prophets and those same spirits are at work today. Through His providential power and will He will always bring and supply truth to His children. They alone are given the anointing that teaches all things.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Eternal has sent a powerful delusion and that delusion is working according to His will. He sent a lying spirit to work in the prophets and those same spirits are at work today. Through His providential power and will He will always bring and supply truth to His children. They alone are given the anointing that teaches all things.
Or maybe it's just that people don't read God's word often enough to know what it says.

Truster

Or maybe it's just that people don't read God's word often enough to know what it says.

I was at a service last year and a preacher was extolling the ways people should use to get themselves reading the Bible. I was waiting with anticipation for him to get to the reason I read the Bible, but he didn't.
I then realised he hadn't been converted. Once a man is converted he is fitted with thirst for the reading of scripture. It got to a point with me where I said to someone that I feel as if I want to eat the Bible.I meant that I wanted it inside of me, working in me as natural food does.
I found the verse " Thy word came and I did eat it" and when John ate the scroll. I realised that what I felt was normal for a regenerate son. When not reading the scriptures the converted man is either contemplating doctrine or meditating on the word. It's as natural as breathing and there is no escape, because he doesn't want to escape.
The Bible is a will & testament and like a human legal will anyone can read it once it has become a public document by passing through probate, but only the heirs can benefit under the terms of the human will.Likewise only the heirs of promise can benefit under the terms of the revealed will of the Father. I should add that nobody can add themselves to a will. That is the prerogative of the testator.

glorydaz

Who do you think did?

I don't know, but probably be more like the Bereans than we are. Where is our readiness of mind? Too often we have a point we want to prove and go about proving it, in spite of what another may show from scripture. Selective reading? :think:

Acts 17:11KJV
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.​

musterion

Our Creator is the author of everything we experience including Satan and the beast, the deceptive thoughts and images that appear as being good or evil or both.

God told us from the beginning to listen to his voice and obey his commandments, then everything will be well with you.

Revelation 3:
20: Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Jeremiah 32:
23: and they entered and took possession of it. But they did not obey thy voice or walk in thy law; they did nothing of all thou didst command them to do. Therefore thou hast made all this evil come upon them.

Jeremiah 7:
23: But this command I gave them, `Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people; and walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you.'
28: And you shall say to them, `This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God, and did not accept discipline; truth has perished; it is cut off from their lips.

Deuteronomy 28:
1: And if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
2: And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God.

John 18:
37: Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Every one who is of the truth hears my voice."

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

So what do you tell the devout spiritualizer who says any or every one of those verses you cited are merely allegorical, merely intended to convey higher spiritual truths rather than be taken literally?

More to the point, on what authority do you tell them that? They may be reading the same Bible as you are, after all.

SaulToPaul 2

I think Interplanner should construct a perfect Bible for us based on his vast insight into the original languages.

musterion

If you listen to the voice of God ( the gospel ) and obey all his commandments, then you will learn the deep knowledge of Christ to understand all the hidden things that no man can see and all the prophecies that were written by God's servants called prophets. No man can read and study the Bible and interpret it themselves.

The Holy Spirit of God comes with a voice that can be heard within the mind with clear concise commandments. If you haven't heard the voice of God, yet, don't worry. All men created in the image of God will hear his voice after their bodies die.

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

The above underlined statement is an allegory because it's not the bodies that resurrect. Only the spirit of man remains in the Word of God where it was created from the very beginning.

I Corinthians 5:
1: It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and of a kind that is not found even among pagans; for a man is living with his father's wife.
2: And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.
3: For though absent in body I am present in spirit, and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment
4: in the name of the Lord Jesus on the man who has done such a thing. When you are assembled, and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus,
5: you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

They listen to all that and reply that it is they who hear and obey God, not you.

Now what do you do?

turbosixx

Who do you think did?

I agree. I don't like it when people say "that's your interpretation". To me there is only truth or a distortion of truth.

2 Pt.3:16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I have been obeying the voice of God since 1979 after I first heard him speaking into my mind, "I AM YOUR CREATOR". From that time on, all I had to do was obey every command he gave me.

God does not speak to you

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
It sounds to me that you're jealous. Jealousy is what caused the religious Jews to seek the death of Jesus who also was saying that his Father was giving him the words to speak.

John 12
44: And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me.
45: And he who sees me sees him who sent me.
46: I have come as light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48: He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me."

The Jews didn't believe Jesus was speaking for God and sought his death by going to the Roman leaders to have him killed according to their religious laws about blaspheme. Blaspheme was a man's law set up by the Jews to kill anyone who doesn't agree with their interpretations of the scriptures. They hated the fact that Jesus never had to read or study the scriptures to speak for God.

John 7
13: Yet for fear of the Jews no one spoke openly of him.
14: About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught.
15: The Jews marveled at it, saying, "How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?"
16: So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me;
17: if any man's will is to do his will, he shall know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.
18: He who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

I have been speaking for God for several years now.

Speaking to God is not the same as God speaking to you.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Why would I speak to God when I speak for him? There isn't anything I need to know from God now that the millennium reign of Christ has been completed after revealing what the tree of life is and how it was created.

Hahahaha

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
It's good you have a sense of humor but laughing and mocking a servant of God isn't cool at all.

4f202e55e33f935bd5f0a5be4c955705.jpg