Did we re-evolve after the comet that killed all the dinosaurs?

laughsoutloud

Ok.

Just one example???

How about more than that?

- The Grand Canyon
- Mid-Oceanic Ridge
- Continental Shelves and Slopes
- Ocean Trenches
- Earthquakes
- Magnetic Variations on the Ocean Floor
- Submarine Canyons
- Coal and Oil
- Methane Hydrates
- Ice Age
- Frozen Mammoths
- Major Mountain Ranges
- Overthrusts
- Volcanoes and Lava
- Geothermal Heat
- Strata and Layered Fossils
- Limestone
- Metamorphic Rock
- Plateaus
- Salt Domes
- Jigsaw Fit of the Continents
- Changing Axis Tilt
- Comets
- Asteroids and Meteoroids

For each of the above Dr. Brown shows how his theory fits the evidence and other theories do not fit.

Again, I don't think you actually read his book.
No, he tries to make the case. I showed how it failed with liquafaction. You have to get down to cases.

laughsoutloud

Stipe,
floods also leave a deposit - which did not happen, so no global flood.

The idea that you can't rule out a flood without knowing exactly what happened - consider an alibi - we know things inconsistent with a global flood, so that idea can safely be abandoned, even if we don't know every little detail of what did happen.

laughsoutloud

Stipe writes:
I'm sorry .. none of what you quoted or the text you posted even mentions the issues I raised. Sedimentary deposits are formed almost exclusively in water. So either you admit that a single asteroid created a global iridium layer on a water covered planet or you admit that several asteroids hit over a long period of time during which every part of the planet was under water at some stage when an asteroid hit.
No, looks like lots of this is mixed with ash - evidence of a global fire... need another explanation, and flod ain't it.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stipe,

The idea that you can't rule out a flood without knowing exactly what happened - consider an alibi - we know things inconsistent with a global flood, so that idea can safely be abandoned, even if we don't know every little detail of what did happen.
I do not think you understand enough about what a global flood might do in order to dismiss the idea.

How about you show us why we should believe a single asteroid or multiple asteroids wiped out the dinos?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stipe,
laughsoutloud - The entire planet is covered in sedimentary deposits which formed under water.

Methinks you have your head in the sand.

koban

laughsoutloud - The entire planet is covered in sedimentary deposits which formed under water.

Stipe, that's just not true. First of all, many sedimentary deposits are clearly non-marine in origin. In fact, if you visit the American Southwest, you can see it happening even today, and the nature of the grains of sand that are eroded away due to wind is clearly different than those created by moving water. By microscopically examining the particles making up different sedimentary layers it's quite apparent which is which.

Secondly, your statement would get quite a chuckle out of those living in the Adirondacks - High Peaks (igneos) or Lowlands (metamorphic).

koban

:think: Hmmm.... I have read the book three times and you haven't read it once, so I think I will trust my own judgment over yours, but thanks. :thumb:

I haven't read it. Does he explain why liquification would sort repeating layers? For instance, going down into the Grand Canyon, one encounters repeating layers of limestone, sandstone and three distinct layers of shale at different depths. Does his model of liquification explain why a repeating pattern of layers with different densities, particle sizes and hardnesses would occur?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stipe, that's just not true. First of all, many sedimentary deposits are clearly non-marine in origin. In fact, if you visit the American Southwest, you can see it happening even today, and the nature of the grains of sand that are eroded away due to wind is clearly different than those created by moving water. By microscopically examining the particles making up different sedimentary layers it's quite apparent which is which. Secondly, your statement would get quite a chuckle out of those living in the Adirondacks - High Peaks (igneos) or Lowlands (metamorphic).
First - To make a sand-dunes into rock still requires water.
Second - Metamorphic rock was once sedimentary.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I haven't read it. Does he explain why liquification would sort repeating layers? For instance, going down into the Grand Canyon, one encounters repeating layers of limestone, sandstone and three distinct layers of shale at different depths. Does his model of liquification explain why a repeating pattern of layers with different densities, particle sizes and hardnesses would occur?
Yes. It explains all of that in detail. Walt Brown is no dummy.

The book is nearing it's 8th edition (I believe). It's his life work.

Oh and... "liquefaction" is a very real phenomenon that happens all the time (especially in earthquakes and floods). Dr. Brown simply digs deeper into the larger picture of why things are the way they are all over the world. Walt Brown didn't event the term Liquefaction nor it's qualities.

laughsoutloud

Yes. It explains all of that in detail. Walt Brown is no dummy.

The book is nearing it's 8th edition (I believe). It's his life work.

Oh and... "liquefaction" is a very real phenomenon that happens all the time (especially in earthquakes and floods). Dr. Brown simply digs deeper into the larger picture of why things are the way they are all over the world. Walt Brown didn't event the term Liquefaction nor it's qualities.
Yes he explains it in detail, but his explanation does not "explain" why we find creatures grouped by species, and associated with particular plants, if there was a single ecosystem catastrophically inundated in a global flood.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes he explains it in detail, but his explanation does not "explain" why we find creatures grouped by species, and associated with particular plants, if there was a single ecosystem catastrophically inundated in a global flood.
You are wrong he addresses that directly. In fact I just re-read that part.

Please, lets not discuss this any further because you haven't read it, so it's a huge waste of time to argue with you about it.

laughsoutloud

Stipe writes:
I think you'll find there are always exceptions to the rules you state. I think what you are looking for is a way to say that because we've never found a bunny with a dino that means bunnies and dinos never lived together. From that you are making the claim that therefore the flood didn't happen. It's a fairly tenuous line up of assumptions if that is what you are saying.
No, I am saying that the distribution of plants and animals do not fit with the model of a single, catastrophic, global flood. There is no mechanism to account for the distribution of animals and plants that we find when we go looking. It is not a tenuous argument, it is a pretty significant issue, which Brown does not explain.

You say that the standard model could not account for salt water under mountains. The standard model suggests that India (an island at the time) crashed into Asia, pushing up the Himalayas. Seems reasonable that saltwater beneath the Tibetan Plateau could be trapped in that process. This simply doesn't prove creationism.

What Brown does is try to present a convincing explanation of how a global flood could have happened. This is not the same thing as accounting for all the facts, and ruling out what could not have happened. For example, the distribution of plants and animals in a global flood - there is simply no mechanism that could account for the distribution we find.