• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Did modern humans and Neanderthals interbreed? No.

Gary K

How did you get that? I believe everything the Bible says but do not automatically swallow everything others interpret from the Bible that the Bible does not say.
How do I get that? From your own words.

1. If you believed the word of God you would know the only race of people God created is the human race. You obviously do not.
2. You would also know that there is only 1 DNA source for all humans. Adam and Eve.
3. If you believed in the flood you would know this is also a choke point for human DNA. Only 8 people survived the flood: Noah, his three sons, and their wives. There was no other human DNA on earth.
4. If you believed the Bible you would know that God disrupted the building of Babel to scatter the people all across the world.
5. You would also know that the flood was so violent an event that it broke up the earth's surface for God certainly didn't create the earth in the faulty condition it was found after the flood.
6. It was so broken up that even the environment had greatly changed.
7. The earth was tilted on it's access after the flood and that created an ice age because of the angle of the tilt changed the angles the sunlight entered the polar regions creating a major cooling at the poles. We know from other cold spells on the earth that as far south as France it was constant winter. Any of the post deluvians living there would be forced to live underground to keep from freezing. As it was most likely a small group they were forced to intermarry as they couldn't bring in any other dna from intermarrying with other groups.
8. You take the word of evolutionists over the word of God. That is not an exhibition of faith.

Do I have some speculation in this? Of course. But, it fits with the Biblical narrative of creation, the flood, the tower of Babel and the condition of the earth after the flood. Nothing that you are pushing agrees with the Bible.

I find your claim that God is telling you to contradict His word very far fetched indeed. Jesus said, A house divided against itself it cannot stand. And your ideas in this area contradict the word of God very plainly.

marke

Some secularists claim Neandertals were intermediary links in the human evolutionary chain between humans and apes and claim modern humans show DNA admixture with Neandertal DNA, although only slight. That is not what the Bible or science teaches.

marke

Howood. Nothing that you are pushing agrees with the Bible.

I find your claim that God is telling you to contradict His word very far fetched indeed. Jesus said, A house divided against itself it cannot stand. And your ideas in this area contradict the word of God very plainly.
I never claimed God told me to contradict His Word. Just because I disagree with some who think God said things He did not say does not mean I have a disagreement with God.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course speculators continue to claim Neandertals and humans interbred, but there is no proof they did. In fact, the evidence shows it is unlikely they did interbreed.
Did you even read your articles?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Bringing the discussion here.

So we don't have apes/monkeys in our ancestry?
I thought that you agreed with "the theory of evolution" as claimed by "the facts of modern science".

Sorry, but we do and we are apes

You might, but I certainly don't.

You might be. I'm human, not an ape.

Are you suggesting there are different kinds of Homo sapiens? How do you distinguish between them?

No. I'm insulting you to your face.

There is only one "kind" of human.

Apes are a different kind of creature altogether.

Even Neandertal is closer genetically to modern humans, than a chimpanzee is to another chimp, and those are supposed to be closely related to humans, according to evolutionary scientists. In other words, Neandertals were human, too, not some evolutionary precursor to humans.

My family is all humans. Perhaps yours is not.
My "original" parents are one man and one woman. Guess their names....

Oh cool we get to insult each other like 5th graders?

No. As RD said, we do it like adults. We mock those teaching foolishness, because they teach foolishness, not because we're like fifth graders mocking another child they don't like, simply for the fact that they don't like him.

Neanderthal were same genus and apparently interbred with H sapiens.

Again, Neandertals were humans.

Humans cannot (and should not, for that matter) copulate with animals (in this case, apes) and produce children, because humans were made in the image of God, whereas animals were not.

We are on a completely different level than animals.

And one would expect, since they interbred and lived with modern humans within the last 50,000 years,

Try within the 7500 years, at most.

there genome would be closer [to] ours than chimps whose last common ancestor with Homo was 7 million years ago.

This is how I can tell you weren't paying attention to what you read.

I said nothing to compare the chimpanzee genome to the human genome.

I said that Neandertals were closer genetically to other humans than a chimp is TO ANOTHER CHIMP.

Meaning, if you were to measure the differences between two chimpanzees today, their genomes would be more different than the genomes of a neandertal and a modern human.

No, they weren't a different species.

They were human.

For more, see https://kgov.com/neandertal.

No, we do it like adults. Much similar to the way that our Lord did it while He was on earth.

Firstly, they were all humans and not apes.
Secondly, 7 million years ago is a myth.

This has all been off topic for this thread. There are some places where we can and have discussed this topic. @JudgeRightly do you have a suggested forum?

This thread should do.