• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Did modern humans and Neanderthals interbreed? No.

marke

This is because Neandertals were humans.
Some or many people insist Neanderthals were humans. Many people also insist humans are apes. I don't argue with those people. They have their reasons for believing what they believe and I have reasons for believing what I believe. I have quoted peer-reviewed articles which make a distinction between Neanderthals and modern humans. Others can make of those articles what they like.

Scientists studying the DNA of Neanderthals say they can find no evidence that this ancient species ever interbred with modern humans.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Some or many people insist Neanderthals were humans.

Because they are humans.

Many people also insist humans are apes.

Humans are not apes.

I don't argue with those people. They have their reasons for believing what they believe and I have reasons for believing what I believe.

That's nice.

I have quoted peer-reviewed articles which make a distinction between Neanderthals and modern humans.

The fact that they had children with other humans at all tells us that they were human.

Others can make of those articles what they like.

That's nice.

Scientists studying the DNA of Neanderthals say they can find no evidence that this ancient species ever interbred with modern humans.

So what? It doesn't change the fact that they were humans.

marke

Because they are humans.
Humans are not apes.
That's nice.
The fact that they had children with other humans at all tells us that they were human.
That's nice.
So what? It doesn't change the fact that they were humans.
Although people claim Neanderthals and humans interbred, they seem unaware that researchers have produced evidence that Neanderthals did not intermingle with humans.

Neanderthals Didn't Mate With Modern Humans, Study Says
National Geographic News, August 12, 2008

marke

Although people claim Neanderthals and humans interbred, they seem unaware that researchers have produced evidence that Neanderthals did not intermingle with humans.

I tried the National Geographic link to this article. NG has apparently taken the article down. I printed the article from NG about 10 years ago and still have it in my files. If NG scrubbed the article I suspect it is because they did not want that report on record any more. I am finding a lot of modern reports being deliberately altered or erased due to leftist secular bias, not real science. NG cannot alter the date and title, however, which means there will now be a void in their archives where that article once was published.

Right Divider

Body part
Neanderthals were humans. So they mated with humans. No news here.

National Geographic News believes that your great, great, great, great granddaddy was an ape.

marke

Again.... no ancient human interbred with "modern humans" (whatever that vague term means).
Even though there are those who insist there was gene flow between Neandertals and humans, scientific data does not support that opinion.

Neandertals, the archaic human form documented in Eurasia until 29,000 years ago, share no mitochondrial haplotype with modern Europeans. Whether this means that the two groups were reproductively isolated is controversial, and indeed nuclear data have been interpreted as suggesting that they admixed. ...
The maximum degree of Neandertal admixture, under the model of gene flow supported by nuclear data, was estimated at 1.5%, but this model proved 20-32 times less likely than a model without any gene flow.

Right Divider

Body part
Even though there are those who insist there was gene flow between Neandertals and humans, scientific data does not support that opinion.

Neandertals, the archaic human form documented in Eurasia until 29,000 years ago, share no mitochondrial haplotype with modern Europeans. Whether this means that the two groups were reproductively isolated is controversial, and indeed nuclear data have been interpreted as suggesting that they admixed. ...
The maximum degree of Neandertal admixture, under the model of gene flow supported by nuclear data, was estimated at 1.5%, but this model proved 20-32 times less likely than a model without any gene flow.
I hope that you can understand that not every line of human descent leads to humans today.
For example, nobody but the descendants Noah's family (that includes Noah's wife and the son's wives) are alive today. This might be the same story for the Neanderthals.

Gary K

I hope that you can understand that not every line of human descent leads to humans today.
For example, nobody but the descendants Noah's family (that includes Noah's wife and the son's wives) are alive today. This might be the same story for the Neanderthals.
The flood and the break up of the one world government of Nimrod at the tower of Babel say the "neanderthals" are just a group that spoke a common language that became isolated from the other groups when the weather pattern disruptions due to the consequences of the flood created an ice age. That group then intermarried so heavily that they became very distinctive physically due to birth defects and dietary issues. Living in caves to escape the cold didn't help either. It was a pretty unhealthy atmosphere.

Sin always destroys, and they are an example of how the consequences of sin changes humanity for the worse.

Also, in his book The Secrets of the Lost Races Rene Noorbergen showed some of the evidence of their lives that is not commonly known. It's withheld by evolutionists because the knowledge would be "too disturbing" for the general public according to Noorbergen. That evidence shows that the neanderthals wore very modern style clothing. There are sketches show women clothed so that if seen on the streets of a modern city would look pretty fashionable.

Gary K

marke

Researchers have reportedly traced human lineage through DNA back to the theoretical first human, designated mtEve. Neandertals are not in that lineage.

marke

I'm curious. Why would you, a Christian, take the word of an organization dedicated to educating the world about evolution?
I deal with people interested in science and many I deal with are not Christians. I believe the Lord is guiding me through issues that affect all humans, including the issue of evolution.

Gary K

I deal with people interested in science and many I deal with are not Christians. I believe the Lord is guiding me through issues that affect all humans, including the issue of evolution.
So, you don't believe in Creation, the flood, the tower of Babel, nor the fact that God confused the builders of Babel by creating many new languages because before that time all of humanity spoke a common language.

marke

So, you don't believe in Creation, the flood, the tower of Babel, nor the fact that God confused the builders of Babel by creating many new languages because before that time all of humanity spoke a common language.
How did you get that? I believe everything the Bible says but do not automatically swallow everything others interpret from the Bible that the Bible does not say.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How did you get that? I believe everything the Bible says but do not automatically swallow everything others interpret from the Bible that the Bible does not say.

No. You automatically swallow everything others interpret from the Bible that the Bible does not say, and you reject what the Bible says plainly.

marke

No. You automatically swallow everything others interpret from the Bible that the Bible does not say, and you reject what the Bible says plainly.
That is silly. I have been invited to leave several churches over the years because I happened to disagree with their doctrine, which they had little tolerance for. I do not swallow anything that men report or preach without personal study of my own.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is Jack Cuozzo an anthropologist? Has he published research? I have more articles related to Neanderthals and the findings of biologists who have sequenced the Neanderthal genome. Most say the evidence of Neanderthal/modern human DNA admixture is slight to slim.
All of the articles you've shared have explicitly stated that the two groups can interbreed.

marke

All of the articles you've shared have explicitly stated that the two groups can interbreed.
Of course speculators continue to claim Neandertals and humans interbred, but there is no proof they did. In fact, the evidence shows it is unlikely they did interbreed.