Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
(16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Do you understand that "manifest" means "to make known"?

God sent his SON not himself into the world.

Rosenritter

Do you understand that "manifest" means "to make known"?

God sent his SON not himself into the world.

John 1:1-3 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:10-14 KJV
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I'm sure you will have a secret decoder ring answer but that's plainly spoken enough for me.

Right Divider

Body part
One true God and one god (a god), a form of God was IN Jesus.
You're a mess with your NOT ONE "G/god"

I came to him as a dove.
No, you didn't :french:

The "dove" did not "enter Jesus", you false preacher.

That is when Jesus was anointed with the spirit son, logos, an became the Christ.
Not in the Bible. It's just a lie that you keep repeating.

Christ means anointed of God, God anointed Jesus with the express image of himself. Aform of himself, firstborn of all creation.
Confusion reigns in the "mind" of keypurr.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
In another thread, when I asked if, in a peculiar phrase you had written in a peculiar way, you were hinting at the number, 666, and at an association between that number, and Rome, your response was:

Which, of course, I don't know how to interpret other than to think that you must be coming from a preterist point of view, seeing as how you would associate Revelation's number of the beast with the Roman emperor, Nero, who died in A.D. 68.
Call it whatever you like.
But, if you say that the NT "wasn't finished until AD 70 at earliest", what do you say, specifically, about John's Revelation? Was it not the last NT book finished?
idk.
And, if you agree that it was so, AND you think that "the whole New Testament wasn't finished until AD 70 at earliest", then to be logically consistent, you must conclude that Revelation, itself, "wasn't finished until AD 70 at earliest". But, of course, if Revelation wasn't finished until A.D. 70, or later, then your association of the emperor Nero with Revelation's number of the beast is, indeed, quite strange. Obviously, if Revelation was written after the A.D. 68 death of Nero, then, indeed, Revelation's prophecy involving 666, the number of the beast, is not a prophecy about Nero.
Confer:
A Year
to look at. So what happened in the year 666? Nothing. Historians are really good at staying away from that year. So you have to look around that year. You will find a lot. The second greatest religion was attacking the greatest religion. So pay attention to this.

Watch for more pieces that fit. Blessed is the one who looks....
The reason that I have trouble accepting 666 as a year is that it renders the copies of Revelation that we have that say '616' as being just arbitrarily unreliable. Those documents, if 666 is a year, compete with our otherwise very good reason to believe that the copying or transcription process that people used when producing newer versions of the originals was sound and of high quality. For a transcription error like '666' turning into '616,' without any reasonable explanation, is to cast serious doubt on our belief that the documents that we do have, accurately reflect the originals to us.

666 being gematria however, explains the 666 and 616 discrepancy satisfactorily. It is when you compute the numerical value of 'Caesar Nero,' written in Hebrew letters, that you get 666. If instead you compute the numerical value of 'Caesar Nero' in either Greek or Latin letters (I don't remember which), you arrive at 616. This explains why there are some copies of Revelation where the number of the beast is 616.

keypurr

John 1:1-3 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:10-14 KJV
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I'm sure you will have a secret decoder ring answer but that's plainly spoken enough for me.

Is that all you got?

God created ALL through his express image, his true son, he is a spirit like his creator.
The biggest mistake most Greek to English translation is the fact they did not use NAMES, it was easyier for them to use titles, like God in place of YHWH.

keypurr

You're a mess with your NOT ONE "G/god"

No, you didn't :french:

The "dove" did not "enter Jesus", you false preacher.

Not in the Bible. It's just a lie that you keep repeating.

Confusion reigns in the "mind" of keypurr.

I got a sticky keyboard and a big fat cat that likes to assist me.

keypurr

Jesus was born the savior, not the Christ. He became the Christ when the dove landed on him.

Jesus had to grow in wisdom proof that the logos came later, when he was thirty.

The logos is a created FORM of God. Col 1:15 tells us he is a creature not God but a god.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus was born the savior, not the Christ. He became the Christ when the dove landed on him.

Jesus had to grow in wisdom proof that the logos came later, when he was thirty.

The logos is a created FORM of God. Col 1:15 tells us he is a creature not God but a god.

Why don't you believe God Himself:

Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it: . . . I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. - Isaiah 42:5,8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah42:5,8&version=NKJV

And why do you ignore Jesus?

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, . . . And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. - John 17:1,5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John17:1,5&version=NKJV

keypurr

Why don't you believe God Himself:

Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it: . . . I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. - Isaiah 42:5,8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah42:5,8&version=NKJV

And why do you ignore Jesus?

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, . . . And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. - John 17:1,5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John17:1,5&version=NKJV

Christ came to glorify his father, not himself, and I never said he did not have glory before he came from heaven.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

You simply do not understand what post. Jesus is Lord, not God.

Right Divider

Body part
A lie does not become true just because you repeat it ad nauseam.

Begging the question.

NOPE... the Bible says that the WORD WAS GOD.

Remain on the heretical side if you like. It's going to end very poorly for you.

Right Divider

Body part
You simply do not understand what post. Jesus is Lord, not God.
Joh 20:26-29 KJV And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. (27) Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Thomas was correct and you are wrong.

P.S. Why didn't Jesus chastise Thomas for blaspheme?

Rosenritter

Joh 20:26-29 KJV And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. (27) Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Maybe that Aramaic Keypur keeps talking about translates the passage like this:

Tweets
Thomas54 @Jesus OMLord! OMG!!! o_O

Spoiler
I actually have seen people put forth that type of explanation, "OMG!"

keypurr

Jesus tells you that ONLY his father is God why do you ignore his words and listen to men instead?

He went to his God and our God. Jesus is the SON of God, our Lord, made so by his God.

Here are some notes I saved from a brother I met on TOL 15 years ago. It long but worth your time.

John 20 Thomas said
Thomas' worship of the risen Jesus as "My Lord and my God"

This is why Jesus did not rebuke Thomas when he fell at his feet and worshiped the risen Lord. Not because Jesus knew himself to be Jehovah God and this fact had finally dawned on Thomas. Rather, it was homage it proffered to Jesus as God's ordained Messiah. Jesus can be worshiped as the Lord Messiah. In fact, this is clearly what the writer John means by reporting this incident, for the very next two verses say that these things "have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah), the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in his name" (John 20:31).
To say that Thomas was worshiping Jesus as Almighty God is to directly contradict John's own stated purpose for writing his whole Gospel. When Thomas fell at Jesus' feet and worshiped him, Thomas was at last recognizing that the resurrected Jesus was the long promised Lord Messiah. Thomas' language it was steeped in Old Testament concepts.

Remember when David stepped out of the cave and call to King Saul, "My Lord and my King" (1 Sam. 24:9)? In the same way King Messiah is to be worshiped and adored by his bride: "Then the King will desire your beauty; because he is your Lord, bow down to him" (Ps.45:11). Thomas' language is in the same Hebrew tradition. He means the same thing. Thomas is addressing the rightful king of Israel, the now risen and victorious Lord. We just have to think like first century Jews steeped in their Old Testament prophets! "A Savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord" (Luke 2:11). The wise men believe the infant Jesus was the King of Israel they brought their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh to worship him: "Where is the one who has been born King of the Jews? We saw his star in the East and have come to worship him They bowed down and worshiped him" (Matt. 2:2, 11). "God has made him both Lord and Messiah, this Jesus whom you crucified" (Acts 2:36). Worship is offered to Jesus because he is the Messiah, the Son of God, the King of Israel. We have already seen that in Jewish understanding, the word "God" can refer to one who represents the Almighty God (Exodus 7:1, etc.). The King of Israel could be called "god" because he represented God to the people. Thomas knew the Old Testament prophecies that the Messiah was to be called "god" for he was to represent Jehovah perfectly. Thomas' worship was that of a Jew deeply grounded in the Old Testament faith that God is one Jehovah and that the Messiah is also called "god" in a relative and royal rather than an absolute sense. Psalm 45:7 says of the Messiah, "You have loved righteousness, and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of joy above your fellows."

Evidently this anointed one has a God above him: Jehovah is he is God. Come to think of it, isn't this what Jesus himself said just a few verses before he received Thomas' worship? "Stop clinging to me: for I have not yet ascended to the father; but go to my brethren, and say to them, 'I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God'" (John 20:17).

Exalted in heaven right now Jesus still calls the Lord God Almighty "my God" and "my Father" (Rev. 3:2, 5, 12). The Lord God is still called "his God and Father" (Rev. 1:6). In the Revelation there is always "our God" and "His Christ" (Rev. 12:10; 20:6) or "the Lord God, the Almighty, and the lamb" (Rev. 6:16; 21:22; 21:1, 3). Yes, in good Hebrew understanding, Thomas' worship preserves this Biblical distinction:

Lord and Messiah = Lord and king= Lord and god

Jesus' creed is that his Father is "the only true God" and that he himself is the Messiah whom that one God has commissioned. He defines this knowledge as "eternal life." (John 17:3). In all matters because on that great and unique day in the age to come, "Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus the Messiah is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Phil. 2:10-11). The worship we give to our glorious Lord Jesus Christ is worship that is ultimately given to his God and our God, to his Father and our Father.

keypurr

Maybe that Aramaic Keypur keeps talking about translates the passage like this:

Tweets
Thomas54 @Jesus OMLord! OMG!!! o_O

Spoiler
I actually have seen people put forth that type of explanation, "OMG!"

Keypurr uses about thirty of his translations to compare them. He has been reading scripture for over seventy years and is still learning about our loving God and the Son he sent. I have forgotten more than most have learned. My mind is worn out from what I have been blessed with. I share what I believe and share it in love to the folks who wish to go deeper into some of his words. I do not need for anyone to agree but I want them to think and love our God enough to open their minds to his truth.

keypurr

Joh 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

Jesus denies being God in this verse.

Joh 17:21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

God sent him, he did not end himself.

Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

keypurr

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is the Christ of God (YHWH)

keypurr

Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
Joh 16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Is anyone here offended with this posts? For me to live is Christ and to be banned is gain.

drbrumley

Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
Joh 16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Is anyone here offended with this posts? For me to live is Christ and to be banned is gain.

Offended? Not at all. But I will say Your martyr complex is showing

drbrumley

Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is the Christ of God (YHWH)

Correction:

Jesus: Who do YOU say I am?

Answer: You are the Christ, the Son of the living God...

Status
Not open for further replies.