Did Christ know He was fully God?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Oatmeal has an anti-divinity agenda just like the authors of the Old Testament had a Monotheistic agenda while surrounded by inferior concepts of deity as polytheistic, multiple individual Gods unrelated.

His claims are all spot on.

You don't seem to recognize that.

You know he is telling the whole truth if you believe Jesus' word.

eleos

Perhaps because of so many conversations going on ... I missed exactly what you are referring to. So, what are you referring to specfically in regard "why do you keep skipping Jesus' clear and simple word?"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps because of so many conversations going on ... I missed exactly what you are referring to. So, what are you referring to specfically in regard "why do you keep skipping Jesus' clear and simple word?"

Follow oatmeal's latest posts of this thread.

check his profile.

It is not so hard thing to do.

oatmeal

John 10:30 is the divine Son of God incarnate proclaiming that his will and his spirit is in alignment with his Fathers. To have seen Jesus, to know Jesus, is to experience the existential personification of the Father in his Son.

The Bible reveals “plural manifestation” , it doesn’t use the term Triune or trinity. Trinity came later as a consequence of the revelation of the existence of a divine Son of God who incarnate as a man in Judaism. Believers in Jesus barrowed existing concepts of a Trinity as an explanation for believing in God, his divine Son incarnate, and his teaching about a Holy Spirit.

Since the word divine means "of God or proceeding from God"

I can and do agree with your first paragraph.

The son completely and accurately and absolutely forsook his own will to do the Father's will, thus they were one in purpose.

The context makes that clear as well as the actual meaning of the Greek word for one.

It is used in I Corinthians 3:8

Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Paul and Apollos were one in purpose.

To give God the opportunity to give the increase.

The context is most enlightening to deepen the meaning

Your second paragraph explains why the trinity is non scriptural, pagan based and fictional

oatmeal

The son completely and accurately and absolutely forsook his own will to do the Father's will, thus they were one in purpose.

The context makes that clear as well as the actual meaning of the Greek word for one.

Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

oops

oatmeal

Oatmeal has an anti-divinity agenda just like the authors of the Old Testament had a pro Monotheistic agenda while surrounded by Religions with inferior concepts of deity as polytheistic, multiple individual Gods unrelated to each other.

The OT writers wrote what God told them to write. II Peter 1:21

God is one, not one in three, that is why the OT tells us that the Lord God is one.

oatmeal

My comment at the bottom was more so a personal one. God is Almighty, God is Great, God is the great I AM. I AM .... it is His name.

Exodus 3

13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.”a And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ *****This is my name forever****, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

If Jesus was claiming to be God, he would have said so, but he did not.

eleos

Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

“Immanuel” literally means: “God with us.”

Matthew 1:23

23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

oatmeal

Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

What does your username mean?

Is it a reference to God as in El or Eloas?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You are still skipping simple and clear word of His identification.

It is so sad.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Your second paragraph explains why the trinity is non scriptural, pagan based and fictional

According to you, the Jewish authorities who heard what Jesus said about himself just misunderstood Jesus all the time and he didn’t bother to correct them? Today we can read what Jesus said about himself and DID and you claim it’s us who is confused? Thomas the apostle called Jesus God and he is also confused?

I think it’s Oatmeal who is confused.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Because Jesus never said he was God the Father in an Absolute sense, used the term “The Son of Man” patterned after the Book of Enoch.

After the apostles identified who he was, Jesus told them not to tell anyone until he left.

Also, he didn’t promote himself as the Jews Messiah because he wasn’t.

Oatmeal ignores Jesus and uses second hand accounts.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Because Jesus never said he was God the Father, hecalled himsekf “The Son of Man” patterned after the Book of Enoch.

After the apostles identified who he was, Jesus told them not to tell anyone until he left.

Also, Hesysbfidnt promote himsekf as the Hews Messiah because he wasn’t.

Your reasoning is partial, not the whole truth.

God is not trinity.

oatmeal

According to you, the Jewish authorities who heard what Jesus said about himself just misunderstood Jesus all the time and he didn’t bother to correct them? Today we can read what Jesus said about himself and DID and you claim it’s us who is confused? Thomas the apostle called Jesus God and he is also confused?

I think it’s Oatmeal who is confused.

Do you correct everyone who you disagree with on every point?

If so, you would not have time to eat, sleep, read, or anything else.

You would be correcting every Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, nature worshiper .......

Jesus came to minister to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, not to the nincompoops who clearly had no time for truth and God and the words of the prophets including the prophet Jesus Christ

As for sources, who cares?

The Judeans as a nation rejected Jesus Christ. There were only about 120 dixciples mentioned in Acts 1 that were together.

there may have been more not there, but that is speculation, it is not written one way or another.

Who do you think God and his son cared more for?

a. the about 120 disciples

b. those who rejected God and His son and the truths the son spoke

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Your reasoning is partial, not the whole truth.

God is not trinity.

Oh, I was mistaken, I thought you knew Jesus is God the Son.

God is spirit, not an old grey haired man in a chair. The Son, who is a divine being that existed with God before this world was, created this world.

oatmeal

God is spirit, not an old grey haired man in a chair. The Son, who is a divine being that existed with God before this world was, created this world.

If Jesus was God the Son, don't you think God would have used that term to describe him?

that phrase is not found in scripture, not even once.

However, in contrast to that, the scriptures use the phrase "son of God" to describe Jesus' relationship to God about 50 times.

Is Jesus "God the Son"?

No, absolutely not.

Is Jesus "the son of God"?

Yes, absolutely yes.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Do you correct everyone who you disagree with on every point?

If so, you would not have time to eat, sleep, read, or anything else.

You would be correcting every Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, nature worshiper .......

Jesus came to minister to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, not to the nincompoops who clearly had no time for truth and God and the words of the prophets including the prophet Jesus Christ

As for sources, who cares?

The Judeans as a nation rejected Jesus Christ. There were only about 120 dixciples mentioned in Acts 1 that were together.

there may have been more not there, but that is speculation, it is not written one way or another.

Who do you think God and his son cared more for?

a. the about 120 disciples

b. those who rejected God and His son and the truths the son spoke

Yes, I think Jesus would not deliberately mislead people on such a large point. He also said that to prove his authority “tear down this temple (pointing to his body) and in 3 days I will raise it up again”.

Billions of believers have read the words of Jesus in the scripture and see something different than the fringe anti-divinity crowd.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Nope, I think I already mentioned it to you.

I am a non-trin. Most posters here knows it.

I got banned many times because of my position of Jesus' identity.