ECT Destroying your understanding of a most favorite salvation passage

heir

TOL Subscriber
No! You missed it! The operative word is "IF". Try again.
It's not an "if", but a "Therefore if" as in: in light of the facts that were just made known, here's what you are in Christ!

2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

You don't believe the saved today "are"!

Cross Reference

It's not an "if", but a "Therefore if" as in: in light of the facts that were just made known, here's what you are in Christ!

2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

You don't believe the saved today "are"!
I don't see how you could be. Yer too screwed up in your thinking things through to proper conclusions. Someone has messed your mind up, too be sure.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For what sin/sins did the Lord Jesus Christ not die. Specifics.

Romans 6

10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

Cross Reference

I wonder why CR won't answer this question. :think:

Because it is a side tracking question.

I full well know Jesus died for all sins. However, it was not unconditional that He did so.

Redemption restored mankind; reconciled him to God. Now it is up to him to stay restored and reconciled and that by a relationship with Him whom Adam once enjoyed, who did the restoring-reconciling. His Name being Jesus Christ. You are sadly mistaken to believe that the sins you have committed either past, present, or future are forgiven without such a relationship with Him. Paul in Romans 8:1 says as much.

ZacharyB

But that goes for us as well which is why we keep searching them h
opefully with an attitude of willingness to be rectify/adjusted.
OMT: When I wrote 22Yrs I was assuming they were the years you have been saved.
When I wrote 67 yrs I was trusting you would assume the same. I am near 80.
I have been trying to share the critical info that I have been made privy to.
I was trying to talk about how long ago I received the baptism with the Holy Spirit.

ZacharyB

filthy lies as usual!
Re: your post #31 ...

How many times must I remind you?
-- Paul was writing ONLY to the FAITHFUL believers in Ephesus
-- We are writing to warn ONLY those believers who are being UNFAITHFUL

The difference between the 2 types of believers is the difference between life and death!

ZacharyB

... Jesus died for all sins. However, it was not unconditional that He did so.
Redemption restored mankind; reconciled him to God. Now it is up to him to stay restored and reconciled and that by a relationship with Him whom Adam once enjoyed, who did the restoring-reconciling. His Name being Jesus Christ. You are sadly mistaken to believe that the sins you have committed either past, present, or future are forgiven without such a relationship with Him. Paul in Romans 8:1 says as much.
Many kudos for the above, CR ... You're right, it's too early to retire.

Cross Reference

Many kudos for the above, CR ... You're right, it's too early to retire.
Thank you my Brother. . . :).

God is faithful and rewarding to those who press in to know Him. It is never too late for the one who is "willing" to die to Self; to abandon his life at the cross..

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why not trust the Lord for WHO He is plus nothing??? What have you to lose by doing so?
Who the Lord is, plus nothing is not the gospel of my salvation or yours! I trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It is the gospel by which I am saved. Have you? If not, why not?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Re: your post #31 ...

How many times must I remind you?
-- Paul was writing ONLY to the FAITHFUL believers in Ephesus
-- We are writing to warn ONLY those believers who are being UNFAITHFUL

The difference between the 2 types of believers is the difference between life and death!
:yawn: been over that one before now, haven't we?

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

The difference between lost and saved is you remaining in your religious state or trusting the Lord believing Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as IT is the power of God to save you! Get saved!

Cross Reference

Who the Lord is, plus nothing is not the gospel of my salvation or yours! I trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It is the gospel by which I am saved. Have you? If not, why not?
Because what you have embraced is incomplete understanding of the gospel Paul embraced which means you are no one I would ever follow nor advise any I know to as well. IOW, you have departed from the faith that brings salvation by the grace of God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Because what you have embraced is incomplete understanding of the gospel Paul embraced which means you are no one I would ever follow nor advise any I know to as well. IOW, you have departed from the faith that brings salvation by the grace of God.
The grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men (Titus 2:11 KJV) as in the due time message that the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)! You too can be saved just as I have by the gospel that Paul received (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and declared to the Corinthians as the means by which we are saved

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Why do you call trusting the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV "incomplete"? Why don't you believe the cross is the power of God? Why do you believe I've "departed the faith"?

HisServant

So he starts in Romans, jumps to John, then jumps to Corinthians then jumps back in Romans and then ends with two verses in 1 Peter that are out of order.

Sounds like someone trying to deceive if you ask me.

Cross Reference

The grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men (Titus 2:11 KJV) as in the due time message that the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)! You too can be saved just as I have by the gospel that Paul received (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and declared to the Corinthians as the means by which we are saved

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Why do you call trusting the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV "incomplete"? Why don't you believe the cross is the power of God? Why do you believe I've "departed the faith"?
Oh but, it isn't incomplete. You are incomplete.

Cross Reference

I trusted the Lord believing IT (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Paul writes that I am complete in Him (Colossians 2:10 KJV). Why do you say otherwise? Lay it out.
It has been laid out to you adnausm. Paul was complete in Him. You are not. You wish only to be complete in Paul while believing that is all that is necessary. Ergo, you have misread Paul.