Delmar's POD 10-13-13

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jason makes a good point that I totally agree with, which I will state thusly, "God is our best protection"

However, "best" does not imply "only"

Even as seek ye "first" the kingdom of God and His righteousness does not imply that there is no "second" likewise "first" does not equate to "only"

We can sit on a park bench unemployed and pray for prosperity, "seeking God first", but until we knock on a few doors and seek the employment we need, the prayers were useless.

We go to God first, always, for God is our best protection.

However, as Abraham, David and others discovered, weapons are a necessity at times.

:first: Post of the Day!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good Job Oatmeal! :thumb:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
However, as Abraham, David and others discovered, weapons are a necessity at times.

This has been refuted many times. I will do it again. Jesus did not defend Himself or teach anyone to do so.

Why do you think you can outdo the Lord?

When are you going to admit that Christians practice Jesus' law and not Judaism?

keypurr

This has been refuted many times. I will do it again. Jesus did not defend Himself or teach anyone to do so.

When are you going to admit that Christians practice Jesus' law and not Judaism?

It is a must for evil folks to have weapons to kill each other off. But this is not what God wants us to do. Satan controls this world friend. But not for long.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus defended Himself when He hid from His persecutors. Defense is a matter of degree.
Jesus didn't defend Himself to the end, because His purpose in coming was to die.
It'll be different next time.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is a must for evil folks to have weapons to kill each other off. But this is not what God wants us to do. Satan controls this world friend. But not for long.

This is your opinion, not Jesus'. You are correcting Jesus.

Jesus is the Lord, friend. don't forget that.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus defended Himself when He hid from His persecutors. Defense is a matter of degree.
Jesus didn't defend Himself to the end, because His purpose in coming was to die.
It'll be different next time.

Did He kill anyone to defend Himself? Nope. He did not approve of His followers killing anyone either.

when He comes next time, it will be judgment. Of course He will judge the world and everyone according to what we have done.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did He kill anyone to defend Himself? Nope. He did not approve of His followers killing anyone either.

when He comes next time, it will be judgment. Of course He will judge the world and everyone according to what we have done.

Who gave Noah and his descendants this law?

Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Who gave Noah and his descendants this law?

God the Father.

Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Jesus abolished "eye for eye" practice.

You guys are just amazing how you are abusing the scripture to justify your wicked practice.

It is clear that pro-military's Lord is not Jesus.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
God the Father.

Jesus abolished "eye for eye" practice.

You guys are just amazing how you are abusing the scripture to justify your wicked practice.

It is clear that pro-military's Lord is not Jesus.

So, should murderers be punished and if so, how?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is secular world's problem. Let them handle it. Jesus' followers are not of this world. Jesus also says let the dead bury (handle) their own dead.

What if it becomes your problem when a murderer is attempting to murder you or your loved one? Then, it's no longer a secular world problem.

Doormat

What if it becomes your problem when a murderer is attempting to murder you or your loved one?

That's the murderers problem, not my problem. My loved ones and I have eternal life. Do you think I should kill a man who is dead in his sin for trying to kill me even though I can't die and lose nothing, while killing him would preclude him from ever inheriting eternal life?

The Roman government murdered Paul. Do you think he should have armed himself if possible and resisted? What about all the Christian martyrs who allowed themselves and their loved ones to be slaughtered? Should they have armed themselves and resisted?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What if it becomes your problem when a murderer is attempting to murder you or your loved one? Then, it's no longer a secular world problem.

Doormat said it much, much better than me, unlike my broken English. He is the man of TOL.

You people need to understand Jesus' simple and clear messages, instead of following corrupt Calvinism or RCCism or any kind of manism which is perverted doctrines or practice.

Jesus is the Lord.

blessings.