ECT Definition of "Works Salvation"

God's Truth

Believe what?

Believe that when you REPENT of your sins you can be forgiven and have them all washed away.

Do you think John the baptizer was a waste of time?

Jerry Shugart

Believe what?

Believe that when you REPENT of your sins you can be forgiven and have them all washed away.

Do you think John the baptizer was a waste of time?

No matter how you might try to justify your false beliefs the truth remains that you just refuse to believe what is written here:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

All I can do is to warn others to flee you and your ideas as fast as they can.

God's Truth

No matter how you might try to justify your false beliefs the truth remains that you just refuse to believe what is written here:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

All I can do is to warn others to flee you and your ideas as fast as they can.

Faith alone is mentioned only once in the Bible, by James, and James says it is dead and cannot save anyone.

Jerry Shugart once you all to believe that James taught false beliefs against Jesus; No Jerry Shugart, you are the one who teaches wrong.

God's Truth

Faith alone cannot save...cannot save...cannot save.

What is so hard to understand about that?

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

James 2:20 KJV But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

SaulToPaul 2

Faith alone cannot save...cannot save...cannot save.

What is so hard to understand about that?

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

James 2:20 KJV But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Gal 2:20 (KJV)

God's Truth

Who is it that people fight repenting of sins to be saved?

Jesus' words did not get nailed to the cross.

Jesus said REPENT or perish.

Even Paul preached repent!

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Our having to repent of our sins did not vanish and become the thing that condemns!

God's Truth

You cannot NULLIFY ANY SCRIPTURE BY POSTING ANOTHER SCRIPTURE.

Galatians 2:20 does not trump James.

Paul was speaking of things people misunderstand. Paul was speaking about the ceremonial works that used to be the dividing wall.

Paul was speaking of how we do not have to be circumcised and observe special days. Paul WAS NOT saying we are accursed for repenting to Jesus!

God's Truth

I come to you Jesus and confess my sins. I am sorry for my sins and I will only obey you.

NO, you did it wrong. You have to say you only believe and make sure you do not confess.

What nonsense!

SaulToPaul 2

You cannot NULLIFY ANY SCRIPTURE BY POSTING ANOTHER SCRIPTURE.

Galatians 2:20 does not trump James.

Paul was speaking of things people misunderstand. Paul was speaking about the ceremonial works that used to be the dividing wall.

Paul was speaking of how we do not have to be circumcised and observe special days. Paul WAS NOT saying we are accursed for repenting to Jesus!

The faith of the Son of God

His faith wasn't dead, being alone.

God's Truth

Gal 2:16 (KJV)

The faith of the Son of God

His faith wasn't dead, being alone.

We are justified by faith in Christ.

The faith of Christ does not make sense.

WE MUST HAVE FAITH IN CHRIST.

Jesus obeyed His Father and remains in His love because he OBEYED.

We are to obey Jesus so that we remain in his love.

"If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love."

God's Truth

Read it again.

You read it again. Here, I will even only quote the KJV that you misunderstand.

King James Bible
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

SaulToPaul 2

You read it again. Here, I will even only quote the KJV that you misunderstand.

King James Bible
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Faith of Christ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Who is it that people fight repenting of sins to be saved?

Jesus' words did not get nailed to the cross.

Jesus said REPENT or perish.

Even Paul preached repent!

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Our having to repent of our sins did not vanish and become the thing that condemns!

i think the root of your confusion is your idea of the word repent. that word alone confounds you and distorts the rest of your diatribe -