and
get on with it

tell us how you are saved
if
you can do it without boasting

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Revelation 20:12 (KJV)

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
James 2:14 (KJV)

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Revelation 2:2 (KJV)

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Revelation 20:13 (KJV)

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

genuineoriginal

Matthew 25:14-18
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.​

The servant given the one talent makes the claim that the servants that were given five and two talents are doing "works salvation".

Matthew 25:19-23
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.​

When the Lord returns, He will honor those that did works while waiting for Him.

Matthew 25:24-30
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.​

When the Lord returns, the servant that did not do works will be given what he deserves.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...and another book was opened, which is the book of life...

Are you saying the Book of Life is opened to those being judged?

Does the Book of Life represent salvation? Is salvation opened to those being judged?

genuineoriginal

Does the Book of Life represent salvation?
Yes.
The Book of Life is opened when people are being judged to check whether a person will be spared from the judgment.
Is salvation opened to those being judged?
If you are asking whether the people being judged are being offered salvation if their names are not already found in the Book of Life, then the answer is NO!

Your name must be already present in the Book of Life, and not be blotted out, in order for you to be spared the judgment.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

Does the Book of Life represent salvation? Is salvation opened to those being judged?

you are not saved until you overcometh

Revelation 3:5 (KJV)

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I can see you are not resting
so
why don't you stop wresting?

you are what you do
anyone can see that

genuineoriginal

When is a person's name recorded in the Book of Life?

It is with the mouth that confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

When the Lord hears the confession, the name is written in the Book of Life.

Malachi 3:16-17
16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.
17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.​

Now the next question most people should ask is what leads to a person's name being blotted out from the Book of Life.