ECT Definition of "Works Salvation"

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Ye workers must be worn to the bone, poor luvs.

It would take more lifetimes than mine to earn so much as a peek inside paradise.

Best to come as a sinner and beg to be saved by God's good grace.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Revelation 20:12 (KJV)

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

But we's not dead see, we are made ALIVE.

It is for those who are NOT saved, not born again....they will be judged by their works. We's saved by grace.

genuineoriginal

Ye workers must be worn to the bone, poor luvs.

It would take more lifetimes than mine to earn so much as a peak inside paradise.
You can not earn a spot in paradise through faithless works.

Best to come as a sinner and beg to be saved by God's good grace.
Jesus spoke several parables about that very thing.
This is one of them:

Matthew 18:23-27
23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
life, tests, temptation, trials, and tribulation

Well, that's kind of true but what we need to overcome is our carnal nature which is not subject to God. We are to bring ourselves into subjection.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (Romans 8:7 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now the next question most people should ask is what leads to a person's name being blotted out from the Book of Life.

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. (Hebrews 10:26-27 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.[/LEFT][/BOX]
When the Lord hears the confession, the name is written in the Book of Life.

Is the Holy Spirit given by one's confession or is it given by the laying on of hands?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is for those who are NOT saved, not born again....they will be judged by their works.

No one can be judged before death and those who have died are freed from sin.

For he who has died has been freed from sin. (Rom 6:7 NKJV)​

genuineoriginal

Is the Holy Spirit given by one's confession or is it given by the laying on of hands?
Having your name written in the book of Life happens when the Lord hears the confession of your mouth.

The Holy Spirit is recorded as coming upon people without the laying on of hands and also with the laying on of hands.

genuineoriginal

Is the confession of your mouth made before or after baptism?

It must be a true confession that is accompanied with a belief in your heart.

In all the scriptural references I have found, belief and confession happens before baptism, like with the Ethiopian in Acts 8:36-37.

God's Truth

It must be a true confession that is accompanied with a belief in your heart.

In all the scriptural references I have found, belief and confession happens before baptism, like with the Ethiopian in Acts 8:36-37.

Just think, the Ethiopian was going to Jerusalem to worship. That means he not only had faith in Jesus, but he also obeyed God before he was saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
why don't you get to work?

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

heir

TOL Subscriber
you are not saved until you overcometh

Revelation 3:5 (KJV)

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

That's not us. This is:

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

genuineoriginal

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Yes, you cannot obligate God to save you by anything you do.
You cannot honor God with your lips while your heart is far from Him and expect that He will reward you for condescending to obey Him.

God has to be pleased with you enough to want to give you eternal life.
The only things that please God that much are you loving Him with all your heart, you humbling yourself before Him, and you showing your faithfulness to Him through your actions.