Deceptions Christians Believe

glorydaz

Shalom.

Interesting. I am wearing my normal clothing. I had clothing stolen from me last week though. Nice to meet you Abraham.

Shalom.

Jacob

Just remember. I am the Father of Faith...not you.

Now, in order to be justified by faith, you can only believe unto righteousness. You cannot obey your way into righteousness..... because it is the righteousness of Christ that will be accounted unto you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Now, in order to be justified by faith, you can only believe unto righteousness. You cannot obey your way into righteousness..... because it is the righteousness of Christ that will be accounted unto you.

Shalom.

I already understand that. I just know that I should obey God and that I should live a righteous life, to live righteously.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

Interesting. I am wearing my normal clothing. I had clothing stolen from me last week though. Nice to meet you Abraham.

Shalom.

Jacob

Now, in order to be justified by faith, you can only believe unto righteousness. You cannot obey your way unto righteousness..... because it is the righteousness of Christ that will be accounted unto you.

Not by works of righteousness that you have done, but according to His MERCY, He saves us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Now, in order to be justified by faith, you can only believe unto righteousness. You cannot obey your way unto righteousness..... because it is the righteousness of Christ that will be accounted unto you.

Not by works of righteousness that you have done, but according to His MERCY, He saves us.

Shalom.

Incorrect. See Titus 3:5. I have responded to your post, a recent post, above if you missed it.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I already understand that.

If so, WHO gave you that understanding?

I just know that I should obey God and that I should live a righteous life, to live righteously.

Knowing we should is the LAW. Having the power to perform is of the SPIRIT.

1 Corinthians 2:3-5
And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.​

You can't live a righteous life....Christ must live His LIFE through you. Trust in Him and He will do it....with all your weakness.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.​

You can't live a righteous life....Christ must live His LIFE through you. Trust in Him and He will do it....with all your weakness.

I musta missed the part where Paul said should is of the law.

I kinda thought it was we should, so as not to trample the blood of Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is no who. And that is what I know.
That may be one teaching.
I accept all of the scripture in the Bible.
I can live a righteous life. God has made it possible.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

I musta missed the part where Paul said should is of the law.

I kinda thought it was we should, so as not to trample the blood of Christ.

Yep, you musta missed it. It's trampling the blood of Christ to claim what we do (should or should not) has anything to do with our being saved.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:​

Jacob and I were discussing the word as applies to faith, and trusting in our obedience for salvation. All those shalt not orders come from the law. We shalt or "should" obey the law in order to be saved is the point....it's always the point of law versus grace.

2 Corinthians 1:9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

God's instruction to us includes things that we should do and things that we should not do.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

There is no who. And that is what I know.

There is no "who" that gave you understanding? :chew:

Well, then, I'm not surprised you have none.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.​

Ephesians 1:17-19
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,​