ECT Dear wolves/wolf-ette's, children of the devil, Cain, Jr.'s,: What sins?

john w

Hall of Fame
Are you learning disabled? God does not have to repent of sins, we do.]

More evasion. Explain what it means, when the bible tesifies that the LORD God repented.

You won't. Fraud.Biblical idiot.
As for Judas, he might have repented of his sins, but he had to believe he was forgiven after repenting...he could not believe it.

Misdirection. You assert, that Judas "turned from his sins, stop sinning"-that is your definition of "repent," moron, deceiver.

john w

Hall of Fame

God's Truth

You assert that God turned from sinning, as did Judas, since you assert that the word always means "turn from sins," and nothing else-on record.

The word 'repent' for humans is always for us to repent of our sins.

Repent or perish, John W.

marhig

The Lord repented of doing both good and evil.

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Jeremiah 18:10 KJV
(10) If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Yes i know, but he only repented of the good he was going to do because they were evil and wouldn't obey him, much like many today who refuse to obey God even though we are clearly told in the scriptures that we are to obey God and Christ!

Repent means to be sorry and to turn away, and when we're truly sorry we will turn away from what we were doing wrong. So for us, when we repent, we are sorry for the sins we have committed and we turn away, and obey God and do his will.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Repent means to be sorry and to turn away, and when we're truly sorry we will turn away from what we were doing wrong.
What had GOD been doing wrong when He repented?

So for us, when we repent, we are sorry for the sins we have committed and we turn away, and obey God and do his will.
No one has stopped sinning.
So any repenting you have done has not eliminated sin from your life.

Need to leave the word "repent" for it's intended meaning, and not add to it, and not attempt to make the word mean something different for GOD and man.

GOD is not a sinner and He repents.
Man is a sinner and he repents.
Since both of those statements are true, we know for sure that the core meaning of the word "repent" CANNOT mean to turn from sinning.
If the word did have that core meaning, it could not be used of GOD. But it is used of GOD.

"Repent" means you changed you mind.
What results from that changing of the mind is separate from the changing because one can change from doing good or evil that they have been doing (as we see GOD repented of doing both good and evil to others, and it had nothing to do with repenting of any sin).