• Yes

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • If you know and trust who's watching them, they're fine

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

BlueChild

I just spent an evening with a child who goes to day care and he has collected a bunch of manipulative behaviors that probably came from multiple peer sources. Ha! My kid, home with me, has not yet thought up the idea of pretending to cry. hee hee! They probably pick up good stuff too?

firechyld

I just spent an evening with a child who goes to day care and he has collected a bunch of manipulative behaviors that probably came from multiple peer sources. Ha! My kid, home with me, has not yet thought up the idea of pretending to cry. hee hee! They probably pick up good stuff too?

One of my nieces has just started school, and has taken up with the school bully. She's picked up a few negative behaviours from this girl, and occasionally tries to bring them home.

The problem is, she's bringing them home to my family. After a few dramatic failures at trying to use manipulative tactics on her mother, she's learnt a valuable lesson: this may be how people act, but it's not going to get you anywhere in the real world. She's gone back to being her delightful and loveable self. :)

faithbible

I went to a daycare in a church, and I still remember another kid punched me in the gut really hard. Daycare and public school are no places for children. Animals, maybe.

AvnielKnight

Daycares aren't bad as long as it's a good daycare that's not just after your money. I have many sisters in Christ who are interested in daycare because they love children. I commend them for their faithful and wonderful work -- But I do believe it would be better for the parents to take care of their children if all possible. It's a parent's job to raise their children, no one else. For me to know that if I'm not teaching my future children (If the Lord allows) -- is scary to think that someone else is teaching them.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AvnielKnight

Daycares aren't bad as long as it's a good daycare that's not just after your money. I have many sisters in Christ who are interested in daycare because they love children. I commend them for their faithful and wonderful work -- But I do believe it would be better for the parents to take care of their children if all possible. It's a parent's job to raise their children, no one else. For me to know that if I'm not teaching my future children (If the Lord allows) -- is scary to think that someone else is teaching them.
How can you commend people for the "beautiful and wonderful work" they do in teaching and raising other peoples children and in the same breath say that it's a parents job to do raise their children and no one elses and that it's "scary to think that someone else is teaching them"? :confused:

Shalom

Wow!!! This is a dusty thread but an interesting topic......at least to me.

My sister in law (Guysmilies wife) runs a daycare out of her home and I would leave my kids there in a heart beat. She is wonderful to her kids and it is a Christian atmosphere. I have no problem with daycare the way she does daycare.

erinmarie

Shalom said:
Wow!!! This is a dusty thread but an interesting topic......at least to me.

My sister in law (Guysmilies wife) runs a daycare out of her home and I would leave my kids there in a heart beat. She is wonderful to her kids and it is a Christian atmosphere. I have no problem with daycare the way she does daycare.

I have a problem with daycare, any daycare, for one reason alone: The mother should be taking care of her children. At home. It's the absolute best way to raise healthy, well rounded, secure, moral children. A mother is in charge of the up-bringing of the children she has brought into the world, and it's a 24 hour job. It's not to be left to anyone else's hands.

It's the most important thing a mother can do. Other than breastfeed, of course.

I guess a cost of our standard of living is that often, a household needs two salaries to support it.

Most families need two incomes, and hence daycare becomes necessary.

erinmarie

I guess a cost of our standard of living is that often, a household needs two salaries to support it.

Most families need two incomes, and hence daycare becomes necessary.

Why is it that most families need two incomes?

truthteller86

erinmarie said:
Why is it that most families need two incomes?
Because the feminist movement destroyed the traditional family unit (where the father is the provider and the mother is the loving caregiver to their children) by demanding equal pay for equal work thereby forcing businesses to loose control over their salary decisions thereby forcing prices higher thereby forcing mothers to go to work just to help make ends meet thereby forcing other people to raise their children. :cry:

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Because I worked evenings and night shift, I was able to keep both of my kids home for the 1st year. After that we did but them in daycare. The daycare does a whole lot of things I could never do. Adam my youngest has learned to read, write, and is pretty good at speaking Spanish. The thing that impresses me the most is that they are teaching him American Sign Language. He’s becoming very good at it. He is only 4. These are things I cold never have taught him. I have to say if you can find a good daycare, no they can be a very good thing.