Theology Club: Darby On Romans 1-3 & 9-11

Danoh

GD; Patrick; hope you're both well...any chance you might each focus on the subject of this thread; rather than on one another? The best to you both in your differences. Thanks.

Danoh

...But it is beyond dispensationalism and into hyper dispy to think that the 12 and the jewish church themselves are part of the parenthesis...

You're absolutely right; it is. That is what further refinement and or finer distinctions between things that differ results in when one is consistent in one's application of the Dispensational Principle (Distinctions in Identities).

glorydaz

GD; Patrick; hope you're both well...any chance you might each focus on the subject of this thread; rather than on one another? The best to you both in your differences. Thanks.

Sorry, Danoh, that was my fault. I've found this thread quite interesting, especially since I know nothing about Darby. I've never read anything by him, either, so it's been a bit hard to follow....trying to play catch up. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, Danoh, that was my fault. I've found this thread quite interesting, especially since I know nothing about Darby. I've never read anything by him, either, so it's been a bit hard to follow....trying to play catch up. :)

Danoh posted a sample of his Darby's writing in the OP, I read it all. Pull up a chair and read.

Danoh

You've made me curious. :think:

GD, here's the link I posted earlier:

http://www.presenttruthpublishers.co..._v1_2nd_ed.pdf

It is one great read.

It would actually be worth discussing, as it does make obvious some of the principles Darby appears to have been going by that led him to understand the Dispensational Distinction.

That is something I'll often do, whenever I hear a great teaching (like Mid-Acts's R.C. Jordan on YouTube) or read great material (for example, Mid-Acts Pastor: Joel Fink's excellent, "The Power of God Unto Salvation").

I'll sit there and ask myself, as I am hearing/reading this 'now, what principles of study does this person's assertion here appear to point back to as having been those principles he'd relied on that led him to this conclusion - and what kinds of questions does his assertion here imply he may have asked?'

This allows tapping into their mind on things; how they'd studied them out.

You can then turn that into conscious principles of study you can then apply to guiding yourself in your own studies of one issue or another!

Its what I have referred to in the past on here as recurrent patterns.

And if you really want to have some fun with this; try these questions on the Apostle Paul's many assertions!

Takes his "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" to a whole other level!

Of course, the better we are able to not allow our differences with others to be what we focus on, the better we are able to apply the above practice, and by it; learn from one and all some distinction or another of use in our own understanding of one thing or another, including; about ourselves!

Enjoy, sister :)