Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

doloresistere said:
People of Mesopotamia had no idea of long periods of time. They could only go back so many generations. 4 billion years would have no meaning to them at all. There are not even that many stars visible in the night sky. God did not lie when he said 6 days because he was using 7 days in the mesopotamian culture that meant a perfect work. God's intention was not to present a chronological view of creation. Therefore, he did not lie.
Interesting story! It sort of reminds me of the creation account in God's Word. You can read that true account in Genesis chapter one.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

Great job!! But what if people used to work every day before God gave them the Ten Commandments. Maybe Pharoah worked the Hebrews seven days a week. Sounds like him not giving them a day off.

In Christ's Love Always,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

Did the Hebrews have to work seven days a week?? Before God had given them the Ten Commandments to boot. Does anyone know??

God's Best For You!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I'm not trying to change the subject, or anything. I still stand by what I've said about the dinosaurs and other Adams. Was just wondering if you knew about them (the Hebrews and everyone else) having to work 7 days a week. You seem to know a lot and are very admirable and helpful. Probably, everyone worked 7 days a week back then. What a bummer!

Praise God For His Wonderful Imagination And Omnipotence!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

You do know that in Genesis 2:4, it is written, "These are the 'generations' of the heavens and of the earth when they were CREATED, in the day that the LORD GOD (Not GOD, But LORD GOD) made the earth and the heavens.

And every plant, of the field before it, was in the earth, and every herb of, the field before it, grew. This means that the Lord God did not have to re-formed plants over again. They were there from previous races of Adams. In Genesis 2:18, it says, "It is not good that the man should be alone...and out of the ground the Lord God 'FORMED' every beast of the field and fowl of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them." But in Genesis 1:21, it says GOD 'Created', by saying "Let the WATERS bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life and the fowl that may fly above the earth."

These are two different things we are talking about here, but you just aren't getting it. The mystery of God will be finished when the 7th angel sounds, and that is the next thing to happen, so you will then find out I was sharing my testimony with you, even as I have received it, for I am only a witness. Any one could have been me.

If you really study Genesis chapters 1 & 2, you would be surprised. The only reason I know about it is because I was told it by a confidential, reliable source.

Praise God and Jesus, and the Holy Ghost,

Michael

Emissary

Gen 1:1-31 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water.

Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. So there was evening, and there was morning, one day.

God said, "Let there be a dome in the middle of the water; let it divide the water from the water." God made the dome and divided the water under the dome from the water above the dome; that is how it was, and God called the dome Sky. So there was evening, and there was morning, a second day.

God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered together into one place, and let dry land appear," and that is how it was. God called the dry land Earth, the gathering together of the water he called Seas, and God saw that it was good.

God said, "Let the earth put forth grass, seed-producing plants, and fruit trees, each yielding its own kind of seed-bearing fruit, on the earth"; and that is how it was. The earth brought forth grass, plants each yielding its own kind of seed, and trees each producing its own kind of seed-bearing fruit; and God saw that it was good. So there was evening, and there was morning, a third day.

God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to divide the day from the night; let them be for signs, seasons, days and years; and let them be for lights in the dome of the sky to give light to the earth"; and that is how it was. God made the two great lights — the larger light to rule the day and the smaller light to rule the night — and the stars. God put them in the dome of the sky to give light to the earth, to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. So there was evening, and there was morning, a fourth day.

God said, "Let the water swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open dome of the sky." God created the great sea creatures and every living thing that creeps, so that the water swarmed with all kinds of them, and there was every kind of winged bird; and God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful, multiply and fill the water of the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." So there was evening, and there was morning, a fifth day.

God said, "Let the earth bring forth each kind of living creature — each kind of livestock, crawling animal and wild beast"; and that is how it was. God made each kind of wild beast, each kind of livestock and every kind of animal that crawls along the ground; and God saw that it was good.

Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth." o God created humankind in his own image; in the image of God he created him: male and female he created them. God blessed them: God said to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air and every living creature that crawls on the earth."

Then God said, "Here! Throughout the whole earth I am giving you as food every seed-bearing plant and every tree with seed-bearing fruit.
And to every wild animal, bird in the air and creature crawling on the earth, in which there is a living soul, I am giving as food every kind of green plant." And that is how it was. God saw everything that he had made, and indeed it was very good. So there was evening, and there was morning, a sixth day.

Gen 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, along with everything in them. On the seventh day God was finished with his work which he had made, so he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. God blessed the seventh day and separated it as holy; because on that day God rested from all his work which he had created, so that it itself could produce.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Emissary,

You are not showing me anything I haven't read for years now. But the sun and moon were not created until the 4th day, so how long were the first 3 days?? Considering there was no heavenly 'clock' yet, since there was not a sun or moon yet? I am not saying God didn't create everything in 6 days. We will find out more when we can ask Him directly. I do know 'God' 'created' Adam, and that the 'Lord God' 'formed' man, our Adam and Eve. You'll notice in Genesis chapter 1 that God created the plants. In Genesis chapter 2, there was no reason to re-create them, so it is written, and the 'field before it grew', etc., so it did not need to be recreated. It already existed.

You'll notice also that God created the creatures and fowl before man in Genesis chapter 1, from the "waters." You'll notice in Genesis chapter 2 that the 'Lord God' 'formed' the man first and saw that the man was lonely, so the 'Lord God' 'formed' the creatures and fowl from the "dust of the ground" and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. You just don't get it, do you?? It's been a secret all of this time because people weren't ready to understand it all back then. I see now that some are still in the dark. See Post No. 1 of this thread and it explains it more completely. I don't even 'fully' understand it yet, but I know what I was taught. Thanks!

God Be With You Always,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Emissary,

What I'm trying to say is that the Lord God wiped the earth's people out at times for being so wicked. They would not stop warring and stealing, looting. And serving other gods. So He did as He should have. He's going to reap this earth again, too. But He will leave some people here. Maybe a third of the earth's population, from what I understand from Him. God called their name Adam whenever He created man and also, formed him again. Every time, He called 'their' name Adam in the day they were created. See Genesis 5:2. Also see Gen. 2:5.

God Be With You As You Learn And Study,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I really thought you already believed the way I did. Are you a YEC too?! I had no idea. You are very well-schooled about the Bible, but you must understand Rev. chapter 2 also. I am nonplussed by you. How can you think the Universe (stars, Heaven) and Earth are only 6,000 years old, or even just the earth and heaven, and moon and sun. It makes no sense. Plus I have to share what my angel told me, so I have no choice. My mouth is where I get to tell of the things I have witnessed and share them with others. Let me know if you are a YEC. Thanks!! I am not an evolutionist!! Don't go by what the NKJV says, but look into the KJV version. I think that the NKJV is a big mistake. Man trying to interpret what the Scriptures say and doing a miserable job of it.

In Christ's Love, Who Holds The Keys To Death And Hell,

Michael

6days

Dear 6days,
I really thought you already believed the way I did. Are you a YEC too?! I had no idea. You are very well-schooled about the Bible, but you must understand Rev. chapter 2 also. I am nonplussed by you. How can you think the Universe (stars, Heaven) and Earth are only 6,000 years old, or even just the earth and heaven, and moon and sun. It makes no sense. l
I believe what the Bible says Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I believe what the Bible says too!

Look up these verses I mention in your KJV, not your NKJV. You do know that in Genesis 2:4, it is written, "These are the 'generations' of the heavens and of the earth when they were CREATED, in the day that the LORD GOD {Not GOD, But LORD GOD (God and Jesus)} "made" the earth and the heavens.

And every plant, "of the field before it," was in the earth, and every herb of, the field before it, grew. This means that the Lord God did not have to re-formed plants over again. They were there from previous races of Adams. In Genesis 2:18, it says, "It is not good that the man should be alone...and out of the "GROUND" the Lord God 'FORMED' every 'beast of the field and fowl of the air,' and brought them to the man to see what he would call them." In other words, he formed man before the creatures and fowl. But in Genesis 1:21, it says GOD 'CREATED', by saying "Let the "WATERS" bring forth abundantly the 'moving creature that has life and the fowl' that may fly above the earth."

These are two different things we are talking about here, but you just aren't getting it. The mystery of God will be finished when the 7th angel sounds, and that is the next thing to happen, so you will then find out I was sharing my testimony with you, even as I have received it, for I am only a witness. Any one could have been me.

If you really study Genesis chapters 1 & 2, you would be surprised. The only reason I know about it is because I was told it by a confidential, reliable source. It's not by my own imagination that I write these things. Why you can't see it is beyond me. But some people will not be able to establish the vision.

Praise God and Jesus!

Michael

One Eyed Jack

Dear Emissary,

You are not showing me anything I haven't read for years now. But the sun and moon were not created until the 4th day, so how long were the first 3 days??

I'm confident in God's ability to count off three consecutive 24-hour periods without having to reference any celestial objects. This is God we're talking about here.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear One Eyed Jack,

Of course, I know that. I'm not a moron. I'm just saying maybe He didn't want to do that for the first three days. It doesn't matter anyway. Read Post No. 1975 for your info.

Thanks for replying, One Eyed Jack,

Michael

One Eyed Jack

Dear One Eyed Jack,

Of course, I know that. I'm not a moron. I'm just saying maybe He didn't want to do that for the first three days.

Why would you think that, though? Is it not an attempt to reconcile Biblical claims with man's teaching? Do you have any Scriptural support for such an idea?

It doesn't matter anyway.

I think it does if consistency is of any importance. If you want to say they were all indefinite periods of time, I can accept that. If you want to say they were all 24-hour periods, I can accept that, as well. I can't accept someone saying that the first week consisted of three indefinite periods of untold millennia followed by four ordinary days. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Big Bang

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the early development of the Universe. According to the theory, the Big Bang occurred approximately 13.798 ± 0.037 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe. At this time, the Universe was in an extremely hot and dense state and began expanding rapidly. After the initial expansion, the Universe cooled sufficiently to allow energy to be converted into various subatomic particles, including protons, neutrons, and electrons. Though simple atomic nuclei formed within the first three minutes after the Big Bang, thousands of years passed before the first electrically neutral atoms formed. The majority of atoms that were produced by the Big Bang are hydrogen, along with helium and traces of lithium. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity to form stars and galaxies, and the heavier elements were synthesized either within stars or during supernovae.--Wiki

Three minutes to form "simple atomic nuclei". I wonder just how much "simple atomic nuclei" was form? It would have to be quite a lot I would think. All the initial material needed to eventuality produce a whole universe in just three minutes.

I wonder why it took God a whole day to get something done, I guess he was not in a hurry.

--Dave

Ben Masada

The Big Bang

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the early development of the Universe. According to the theory, the Big Bang occurred approximately 13.798 ± 0.037 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe.

Dave

The age of the universe! Does it mean the universe had a beginning? In that case there is no word about the universe being eternal. It did have a beginning and... since it could not have caused itself to exist, some thing from outside of it caused it to exist. Is it safe to say we have found a good evidence for the Primal Cause?

Tyrathca

The age of the universe! Does it mean the universe had a beginning? In that case there is no word about the universe being eternal. It did have a beginning and... since it could not have caused itself to exist, some thing from outside of it caused it to exist. Is it safe to say we have found a good evidence for the Primal Cause?
It is the age of the known universe, as far as the question of "was there a 'before' the big bang" we don't know. I think most astrophysicists lean to no (in the sense there is no north of the north pole) but there are also hypotheses that allow for in some sense a 'before'.

Could the universe cause itself? Maybe, why not? Could it be uncaused? Maybe, why not? Limits we put on causality in time do not necessarily apply to the beginning of time itself. Quantum mechanics certainly implies that our previous understanding of these issues is not necessarily as clear cut outside the world/conditions we experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.