Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureX

What it means to me is that my God made one cat one way and the other cat the other way. It was His doing, not natural selection.
Why do you assume God would not use natural selection and mutation to create cats like yours? And to create all living things? God allows us free will, isn't natural selection just an expression of free will?
God controls everything, not "Mother Nature."
If God controls everything, then God controls "Mother Nature", too. Why do you assume that nature is some sort of alternative to God instead of an expression of God's will?

noguru

Why do you assume God would not use natural selection and mutation to create cats like yours? And to create all living things? God allows us free will, isn't natural selection just an expression of free will?
If God controls everything, then God controls "Mother Nature", too. Why do you assume that nature is some sort of alternative to God instead of an expression of God's will?

Because he is an idiot.

doloresistere

Very well said. If people could grasp this concept, the creation .vs. evolution debate would cease.

alwight

Quite right PX.
Michael seems to want his God to conform to the religion of Michael or at least to the voices in his own head, which isn't what any real god would do imo.

6days

PureX said:
Why do you assume God would not use natural selection and mutation to create all living things?
The only way we could assume that, is by assuming God is a liar. And we would also need to a adopt anti-science beliefs about mutations and natural selection.

PureX said:
God allows us free will, isn't natural selection just an expression of free will?
Not in the slightest.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Purex,

You must have misunderstood me. First, God controls the weather. There is no 'Mother Nature'. It is God doing all of those things. Secondly, God made my cats the way He wanted to. That's why I love them both so much. They are unique, each made by His specs. and desires. Does that answer your questions??

God knows how many hairs are on your head, Purex. God did not create my cats by natural selection or mutation. He specifically made them each the way He did. My cat was on TV and we went and got her from the shelter because she was so unique. God made her exactly that way, not by mutation, but by His design. And for that reason my cat is unique, that cat was guaranteed a home once God made her that way.

Thanks for asking though.

God's Best For You,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quite right PX.
Michael seems to want his God to conform to the religion of Michael or at least to the voices in his own head, which isn't what any real god would do imo.

I hardly think that God would conform to the religion of Michael. There is no religion of Michael for Him to conform to. I conform to His religion. You use imo a lot, don't you, Alwight? How are the voices in your head Alwight? My guardian angel fills my thoughts with the goodness and joy of knowing that Jesus is coming soon!!!

You are barking up the wrong tree, cowboy! Go and find God!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Great job 6 days!!

Won't be much longer now!! Can't wait for Jesus to return! But I'll enjoy my time until then. Everything's going pretty well for me tonight. I hope that all is well with you!!

Much Love In Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Doloresistere,

God is certainly not a malicious liar, and I don't buy evolution either. God controls every nook and cranny of each genome, DNA, etc. mitochondria, gene pool, swimming pool, etc. and the changes in them thereof. LOL

God's Best Hon!!

Michael

PureX

The only way we could assume that, is by assuming God is a liar. And we would also need to a adopt anti-science beliefs about mutations and natural selection.
There is another way ... you may simply have misinterpreted, or misunderstood the meaning of the biblical text. I don't believe God is "liar", and I don't believe the Bible is wrong. I simply think you, and others, have misinterpreted it, and therefor misunderstood it's message.

Genesis is not a history of the beginning of the world, it's a mythic story intended to convey an understanding of the fundamental nature of humanity. And the more intently you insist on viewing it as a literal history of the beginning of the world, the longer you deprive yourself of it's much deeper and more meaningful message.

PureX

Dear Purex,

You must have misunderstood me. First, God controls the weather. There is no 'Mother Nature'. It is God doing all of those things. Secondly, God made my cats the way He wanted to. That's why I love them both so much. They are unique, each made by His specs. and desires. Does that answer your questions??
No. Because you aren't explaining why you are insisting that the natural mechanisms that we all can see, aren't real, just so you can maintain your insistence that "God's doing it".

I'm not claiming that God isn't doing it. I'm simply pointing out that God is doing it through these natural mechanisms that really are there and that we really can see and study for ourselves. Do you believe that God wants you to deny reality as an act of faith? ... A reality that God himself created and uses to express His will?
God knows how many hairs are on your head, Purex. God did not create my cats by natural selection or mutation. He specifically made them each the way He did. My cat was on TV and we went and got her from the shelter because she was so unique. God made her exactly that way, not by mutation, but by His design.
Do you think they came about by magic? Do you think they were not conceived biologically? Do you think that if they were conceived biologically that this would somehow negate the influence of God?

Your responses are weirdly childish. Why? You aren't still a child, are you? Do you think God doesn't want you to grow up and become a man, with an man's understanding of how things really work in the world? Things like biology, and physics, and history, psychology?

noguru

There is another way ... you may simply have misinterpreted, or misunderstood the meaning of the biblical text. I don't believe God is "liar", and I don't believe the Bible is wrong. I simply think you, and others, have misinterpreted it, and therefor misunderstood it's message.

Genesis is not a history of the beginning of the world, it's a mythic story intended to convey an understanding of the fundamental nature of humanity. And the more intently you insist on viewing it as a literal history of the beginning of the world, the longer you deprive yourself of it's much deeper and more meaningful message.

I predict that 6days will simply ignore the clear implications of your accurate point(s) here.

noguru

No. Because you aren't explaining why you are insisting that the natural mechanisms that we all can see, aren't real, just so you can maintain your insistence that "God's doing it".

I'm not claiming that God isn't doing it. I'm simply pointing out that God is doing it through these natural mechanisms that really are there and that we really can see and study for ourselves. Do you believe that God wants you to deny reality as an act of faith? ... A reality that God himself created and uses to express His will?
Do you think they came about by magic? Do you think they were not conceived biologically? Do you think that if they were conceived biologically that this would somehow negate the influence of God?

Your responses are weirdly childish. Why? You aren't still a child, are you? Do you think God doesn't want you to grow up and become a man, with an man's understanding of how things really work in the world? Things like biology, and physics, and history, psychology?

I am pretty sure Michael is just going to stamp his foot and say "No! You are wrong." (this is figurative language)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Purex,

You are right. You are stating what I've been saying all along. That God dictates the existence of a certain trait of life or weather, including making different genomes, DNA, etc. We agree already!

I am an older man (58) and I have learned a lot over the years of my life, but I still don't know everything. I don't think I'd want to know everything, because then life would be boring.

We are both on the same page already. You are correct in all of the assertions you've made in this post.

Thanks Tons And God Shower You With A Great Future,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

I just saw your post. No, I agree with Purex. And probably you, noguru, also. It seems like you've gotten a genome altered to make a cohesive belief system now. You both are my brothers in Christ.

May God Give You Plenty of His Good Spirit,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am hoping that Michael does not randomly refer to any woman in a conversation with him as "Hon". But maybe he only says that to men. :help:

Dude, very funny. No, I did not know Doloresistere was male. And yes, sometimes I refer to women, and on rare cases, men, by calling them hon. I call everyone that who is dear to me. It's a habit I think!!

Don't worry about it, hon!!

ROTFL,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Flash to present. Yes, Genesis is a book of the history of the beginning of the world and the Universe. It's not detailed enough, but that would take a lot of writing and reading. You see, some day you'll understand Genesis, Daniel, and Revelation, and God will allow you to realize what is within those books, and what wasn't clear to you now. That's when you'll be surprised.

Praise God!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.