Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukia

What is "early birds?"
My mom always used to tell me that, that is what catches the worm.

Or are you referring to the first birds that God created? There were many forms of those...archaeopteryx was cool, as were the parrots and many other birds. Perhaps the most magnificent flying creature of Gods creation was the mighty pterosaurs. Some stood as tall as a giraffe, with wing spans of over 10 meters...(some say as much as 12 meter / 40 feet.) They are a testimony to our Awesome Creator.
Were the pterosaurs on the Ark?

alwight

What is "early birds?"
My mom always used to tell me that, that is what catches the worm.

Or are you referring to the first birds that God created? There were many forms of those...archaeopteryx was cool, as were the parrots and many other birds. Perhaps the most magnificent flying creature of Gods creation was the mighty pterosaurs. Some stood as tall as a giraffe, with wing spans of over 10 meters...(some say as much as 12 meter / 40 feet.) They are a testimony to our Awesome Creator.
I suppose you would believe and say that kind of thing perhaps, while believers in different versions of an awesome creator will no doubt believe it their way. Humans are apparently rather disposed to believe that life must require a creator, which many will probably continue to believe whether their one is actually true or not, or whether indeed any such remarkable entity is even required.

I think however that the Theory of Evolution is evidentially true whether a creator was involved or not, but while any such supernatural involvement cannot be demonstrated as a necessary requirement, only asserted, then imo any specific "Awesome Creator" cannot be presumed as being at all likely.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Creative Intelligence......

Creative Intelligence......

I suppose you would believe and say that kind of thing perhaps, while believers in different versions of an awesome creator will no doubt believe it their way. Humans are apparently rather disposed to believe that life must require a creator, which many will probably continue to believe whether their one is actually true or not, or whether indeed any such remarkable entity is even required.

I think however that the Theory of Evolution is evidentially true whether a creator was involved or not, but while any such supernatural involvement cannot be demonstrated as a necessary requirement, only asserted, then imo any specific "Awesome Creator" cannot be presumed as being at all likely.

oh come on alwight,....give 'God' a chance ;)

paulie

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Read the first few chapters of Genesis again and you will see that God did not create any plants or animals. God created the heaven and earth and commanded the earth to bring forth life. How is that not evolution?

SEE THIS AND DON'T BE DECEIVED!!

See Genesis 1:12, 20. God created the plants and the animals.

Michael

Stuu

Dear Stuu,

You have my post 1153 and still you have to ask? For shame. The Lord explained it to me that He makes every change in His creations, each time He reforms/recreates the inhabitants of the earth, sea creatures, creeping things, animals and man. I'm also telling the truth here and about my cancer. I called the urologist and cancer doctor, and said I would be doing no radiation for it.

Michael
I'm sorry to hear you are unwell. Unlike conservative religious people I respect your right to medical consent over your own body, and I guess you have considered your options carefully and in consultation with your doctors.

Your imaginary friend telling you stuff is not enough for me, I'm afraid. It's not 1340CE anymore, we have got to the point where we can actually know stuff for real.

So, how is your claim of the earth being commanded to bring forth life equivalent to evolution?

Stuart

unknown

SEE THIS AND DON'T BE DECEIVED!!

See Genesis 1:12, 20. God created the plants and the animals.

Michael
1st 5 words.....
"And the earth brought forth"....just like I said

ETA: here some more
Genesis 1

11 Then God said, “Let the earth sprout [j]vegetation, [k]plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after [l]their kind [m]with seed in them”; and it was so.

12 The earth brought forth [n]vegetation, [o]plants yielding seed after [p]their kind, and trees bearing fruit [q]with seed in them, after [r]their kind; and God saw that it was good.

20 Then God said, “Let the waters [ad]teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth [ae]in the open [af]expanse of the heavens.”

24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after [ag]their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after [ah]their kind”; and it was so.

Last edited:

6days

unknown said:
Neither you, Michael nor anyone else has refuted the verses in Genesis that say the earth brought forth life.
Why is that? Can't you prove that the verses are wrong?
Nope... can't prove those verses wrong. Those versus are correct as are all the other verses in the Bible. God said "Let the earth bring for the vegetation..."
I'm not sure I get your point. Why would I want to prove the Bible wrong?

noguru

Nope... can't prove those verses wrong. Those versus are correct as are all the other verses in the Bible. God said "Let the earth bring for the vegetation..."

Hey 6days, I think you should wipe the drool from your chin. :chuckle:

You've got a horrible argument all the way around. You don't understand science, nor do you understand the Bible. No wonder people like you are just laughed at. You come around like you have something important to say. And all the while your zeal for for your strange brand of incorrectness is only due to your pitiful incompetence.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear unknown and 6days,

'Let the earth bring forth' (the vegetation He created) the grass and plants, and trees means that they will be dirt(earth)-based life with the seed within itself (in it's fruit or pod), whereas 'Let the waters bring forth' life, means the creatures that are water-based (and God created whales, porpoises, sharks, manta rays, and fish, etc.) and fowl (ducks, geese, swans, loons, seagulls, pelicans, and sky flying birds also), etc. It is just the way God wanted to express Himself whether things were created from the waters or the dirt/dust of the ground. Likewise, God created the animals and man from the ground and water. Man is what, 75% water? God is a great chemist, of course. Would you expect anything less?

In His Love,

Michael

Last edited:

unknown

You would want to prove those verses wrong to prove me wrong. Why am I not surprised at your lack of understanding?

Those verses say life came from the earth and that is in agreement with what science tells us. To go from dirt to the many life forms we see today is evolution. You probably have trouble with that concept because you think it was all done in a literal 6 days. I will address that in your other thread.

unknown

Life does not come from dirt. (grade 2 science)

The life that came forth from the earth was in the dirt. If you had only gotten past second grade you would understand what I mean. You must be one of the most simplest minded fundies I have seen here in a long time. I have nothing more to say to you.

6days

The life that came forth from the earth was in the dirt. If you had only gotten past second grade you would understand what I mean. You must be one of the most simplest minded fundies I have seen here in a long time. I have nothing more to say to you.
Genesis 1:31
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day."

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

The Lord God formed the animals and man from the dust of the ground and water. He is a grand chemist. Man is roughly 75% water.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.