Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

Dear 6days,

Welcome aboard!! Now you know what I'm faced with every day. The atheists will say anything to keep their fingernail grip on the edge of the building without falling off. Thanks so VERY MUCH for your IMMENSE HELP in these matters. I didn't go to college, but I have had better than that, and God's help has been with me for almost 40 years now (in March 2014). I've been in training during all those years.

May God BLESS And KEEP YOU SAFE AND WISE!!

MichaelCadry
Yes Michael we are all here just to persecute you, as we cling to the edge. :rolleyes:

Typed with my feet from the TOL App!

noguru

Yes Michael we are all here just to persecute you, as we cling to the edge. :rolleyes:

Typed with my feet from the TOL App!

Perhaps Michael has added some of his "intuition" to your TOL App. I mean it knows that you used your feet to type that.

6days

So there is no creationist explanation then?
Of course there is, just as there are evolutionist explanations.
Evolutionists assume Erv's are the result of common ancestry, mutations and natural selection.
Creationists assume Erv's are the result of a Common Designer, mutations and natural selection.

They look at the evidence, sideways through squinted eyes and see anything but the most parsimonious scientific explanation, common descent.
Hmmmm.....I have seen people like that!! They make philosophical /materialistic assumptions (which cant be disproved) about things such as Erv's, and then call it science.

So then, you should have no problem finding a peer reviewed (by the science community not a creationist site) paper that falsifies The Theory of Evolution in that respect
Correct, sort of...it is no problem finding peer reviewed scientific articles in scientific journals by PhD scientists poking holes in ToE. The theory itself is not falsifiable though. It is like a fog that covers all landscapes.
BTW
Are you referring to evolutionist journals, or creationist journals? :)

r
see, inventions and papers in "Horticultural Sciences". And there was me thinking we were discussing creation vs evolution. So I'll try again. Can you point to his peer reviewed work in "Creation Science"?
When you are shown your assumptions are wrong, do you always try and cover with fallacy type arguments?
Moving the goal posts...you asked if Sanford had "anything peer reviewed by the science community".
The answer is yes... many times. So, play nice... admit Sanford understands genetics, and that he believes the evidence supports a young earth.
After you admit a field goal was scored, not a touchdown; and if you have other questions, or want to discuss "Creation science" ( whatever that is) we can.

When they start teaching creation science in schools be sure to come back and tell us all about it.
What is creation science?
Science should be taught in the science classroom. Teachers and students should have the academic freedom to discuss the evidence no matter where it leads. They perhaps should even have the freedom to even discuss pros and cons of evolutionism. Right?

Hedshaker

Evolutionists assume Erv's are the result of common ancestry, mutations and natural selection.
Creationists assume Erv's are the result of a Common Designer, mutations and natural selection.

So what is the creation explanation then? What common designer? Evidence please. Did you watch the video? After you've presented empirical evidence for a common designer, please explain how it trumps common descent as a clear and parsimonious explanation as per the video provided. But if you don't like that video there's loads more ;)

Hmmmm.....I have seen people like that!! They make philosophical /materialistic assumptions (which cant be disproved) about things such as Erv's, and then call it science.

Well if you don't like how the science works, feel free to falsify it. A nice Nobel Prize awaits you.

Correct, sort of...it is no problem finding peer reviewed scientific articles in scientific journals by PhD scientists poking holes in ToE. The theory itself is not falsifiable though. It is like a fog that covers all landscapes.
BTW

Science journals. That would exclude anything with "creation" in the title :)

When you are shown your assumptions are wrong, do you always try and cover with fallacy type arguments?
Moving the goal posts...you asked if Sanford had "anything peer reviewed by the science community".
The answer is yes... many times. So, play nice... admit Sanford understands genetics, and that he believes the evidence supports a young earth.
After you admit a field goal was scored, not a touchdown; and if you have other questions, or want to discuss "Creation science" ( whatever that is) we can.

You presented Sanford's view as an alternative to Ken Miller, who is a biology/evolution scientist so I naturally thought we were on the same page regarding the subject of peer reviewed science. Anyone can be reviewed in a different field but that doesn't give them credence regarding the subject at hand. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I'll watch that in future. But you're right about one thing. There is no such thing as Creation Science. My bad :)

Science should be taught in the science classroom. Teachers and students should have the academic freedom to discuss the evidence no matter where it leads. They perhaps should even have the freedom to even discuss pros and cons of evolutionism. Right?

Call me old fashioned but I believe only science should be taught in the science class. And religion in theology class.

noguru

I think you meant "naturalistic" explanations, rather than "evolutionist".

Biological evolution is the result of the attempt to find a naturalistic explanation for the biodiversity throughout the history of this earth.

Wrong.

Science assumes that there are naturalistic explanations. Otherwise it would be useless. Science admits its limitations in the foundational presuppositions that are needed for any philosophy to get off square one. Science/natural philosophy is confined to only being capable of investigating explanations that are within the scope of empirical verification.

Natural selection and genetic variation are the observed realities in regard to the biodiversity we see. Extrapolating that to encompass past events and therefore the logical conclusion of common ancestry is the most likely alternative given all the empirical evidence we have.

Right, and this is exactly where YECs such as yourself try to sneak your interpretation of Genesis into the science classroom as a newly added foundational presupposition meant to replace the standard foundational presuppositions currently used in science.

And this is why you are only fooling yourself by trying to garner some credibility for your screwed up view of the world by attempting to label that "science". Most reasonable people can see right through the subterfuge you try to substitute for the clear straightforward logic of the scientific method.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You make that abundantly clear in your attempt to sound knowledgeable about this.

Science is a philosophy, albeit a much more limiting one than theology. Theology, especially your specific brand, is like playing tennis without a net. You set up a model in which you never have to verify your claims with empirical evidence. You are not fooling anyone in your attempt to turn that around and blame science (its foundational presuppositions) for making evolution unfalsifiable. The current model of evolution is falsifiable. What you really need to falsify, if you want people to accept your argument, is the established scientific method throughout all of science. Or you need to explain why biology should be the only exception. And one of these will most likely be your next diversionary strategy.

The current theory of biodiversity is falsifiable. All you would need to falsify it would be to find a fossilized bunny rabbit in the pre-Cambrian geological strata. Or you could falsify the principle of "reproductive advantage" and/or "genetic variation". If you did one of those you would falsify the current model.

But what really ticks you off is that even after they were to discard that model, they would probably look for another naturalistic explanation as a model.

BTW

Please, could you share with us, where it is that they publish creationist journals?

You are the fraud here. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are in way over your head on these subjects. Yet you pretend to have a grasp of this material.

Which assumptions are you claiming to be wrong (this should be real good)?

Creationism is not science. It is a specific brand of religion, which some less than honest and somewhat cowardly people, are trying to push as science. You have to give them credit for fooling dolts like you though. I mean that must be a real accomplishment. :rotfl:

You just don't understand, do you? A person can certainly understand some aspects of modern population genetics, yet refuse to accept the other evidence which overwhelmingly supports an old earth model.

:rotfl:

You don't discuss things using evidence, logic and reason. You try to use parlor tricks, and emotional manipulation to fool people into just agreeing with you. I can already see that from your chosen strategy.

What is creation science?

An oxymoron.

Science should be taught in the science classroom.

Exactly.

Teachers and students should have the academic freedom to discuss the evidence no matter where it leads.

They most certainly already do. They do freely discuss where the evidence leads. They are not forced to use your specific brand of theology/YECism as a newly added foundational assumption of science. So as a result their research does not support your whacked out view of reality.

I think that is what really bothers you the most. That since your theological view cannot be forced on others, it ultimately gets rejected. Yet you personally are too stupid to understand why.

They perhaps should even have the freedom to even discuss pros and cons of evolutionism. Right?

Pros and Cons? :think:

You mean like they do in a political debate about the negative or positive results of change/no change in political policy?

Is that really how you think science works?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

I'm not trying to push Creationism as a science. Far from it. I'm trying to state that there is such a thing as the Creation and that there is such a thing as science. Science is a younger phenomena than when Adam and Eve were created or formed again. And formed again. Like I said, you will get proof of our (mine and 6day's) claim that God does exist and has Created everything and that shall happen within 2 to 5 years from today, and I AM saying probably less than 2 years. Isn't that soon enough for you. Science has taken more years than that to 'prove' certain things. So give it some time, just a bit more. Then you shall see what you never thought your eyes would ever see. I feel sorry for you when it comes time for you to meet God and stutter your words out to Him. I tell you, I have had angels visit me 3 times personally, and I've had a number of visions and visits by the Holy Spirit, and even a visit by the Lord initially. I was in such awe that I wanted to give the Lord a gift for even visiting insignificant me and I figured I couldn't burn Him an offering, but then thought that I could fast to Him for a gift. So I did and I called my family, my friend and his family, and my girlfriend Salli all together ten days after He'd visited me, the day I was fasting. We stayed up all night when the first angel visited me (before everyone got to my parent's home) and afterwards, the Lord visited me a second time. So you see, what you think might be delusion on my part, has been instead actual experiences that I've had, and the Lord God assured me that Jesus would be returning very soon. I've given you plenty of chances to read my book to find out all of the details. It's only a two hour read, but you should use a Bible to refer to certain Scriptures I mention in my book, to fully understand it more easily. It's quite easy. You've given me many videos to watch. I give you a FREE book to read. My book is called, "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen". It is available at Barnes & Noble, or Amazon.com for $14. But I offer you it to you FREE, no strings attached, by following some simple instructions. Go to the website listed in my signature line:

www.jesusreturningverysoon.com

Once there, you will see on the left of my site the words 'Book Copy'. Left-click on it with your mouse. Then left-click again when you see the words SKU-text. The Title Page of my book will come up and with your up and down cursor keys, you can read the book from your screen/monitor. Perhaps you are even able to download it to your computer and print yourself out a copy.

I also have proof pages of some of the things I say in my book, which includes Him sending 7 inches of snow within 48 hours on a NYC Daily News building for a reporter's sake, so that the reporter would know that God was really with me in my claims. The reporter was petrified when it happened. I wish I could do the same for you. No, the sign you will get will not be 7 inches of snow, but instead an earthquake in the city of Phoenix (where I'm at) that is the biggest earthquake ever recorded since man has been on earth, even before we started keeping records. This earthquake will tell you that the two witnesses and olive trees that stand by the God of the whole earth have risen back to life by God's Hand and that they have been risen to heaven. After that earthquake, Armageddon hits. The sun will be darkened like sackcloth (a Total Solar Eclipse) and the moon will appear as blood (a Total Lunar Eclipse) and then shall the mountains and islands flee away and not exist. And there will be a very great earthquake in Hollywood, the great harlot city like Babylon, where all of the whores, male and female, line the Sunset Strip. You think I am getting too personal here. Well, you asked for it. It will all happen and you all won't be included when He returns. You will simply receive many plagues and NOT make it to heaven. Have fun discussing Science then!! We will see who has been delusional, won't we?? Why do you think I am so Bold against your nonsense. Because I know the TRUTH as it has happened to me and I have backup that you just don't have!!

God Is Omnipotent And His Word Does Not Come Back To Him Unaccomplished, Just As He Says!!

MichaelCadry

noguru

Dear noguru,

I'm not trying to push Creationism as a science. Far from it. I'm trying to state that there is such a thing as the Creation and that there is such a thing as science. Science is a younger phenomena than when Adam and Eve were created or formed again. And formed again. Like I said, you will get proof of our (mine and 6days) claim that God does exist and has Created everything within 2 to 5 years, and I AM saying probably less than 2 years. Isn't that soon enough for you. Science has taken more years than that to 'prove' certain things. So give it some time, just a bit more. Then you shall see what you never thought your eyes would ever see. I feel sorry for you when it comes time for you to meet God and stutter your words out to Him. I tell you, I have had angels visit me 3 times personally, and I've had a number of visions and visits by the Holy Spirit, and even a visit by the Lord initially. I was in such awe that I wanted to give the Lord a gift for even visiting me and I figured I couldn't burn Him an offering, but then thought that I could fast to Him for a gift. So I did and I called my family, my friend and his family, and my girlfriend Salli all together ten days after He'd visited me, the day I was fasting. We stayed up all night when the first angel visited me (before everyone got to my parent's home) and afterwards, the Lord visited me a second time. So you see, what you think might be delusion on my part,...

(drones on and on about his own incoherent individualized subjective nonsense).............

MichaelCadry

Michael, I do not need your "proof" that God exists. I already have strong faith, that has been continuously tested for the last 16 years, that He does exist. All you are doing here is blowing your own horn broadcasting your compensation for your own lack of faith, and it is out of key.

JosephR

Michael, I do not need your "proof" that God exists. I already have strong faith, that has been continuously tested for the last 16 years, that He does exist. All you are doing here is blowing your own horn broadcasting your compensation for your own lack of faith, and it is out of key.

Nog, i know you were talking to micheal but I think I am guilty of this..

ty for pointing it out in a way that I can understand..

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

No, I did know you were Christian and I am very thankful for that. I'm not trying at all to blow my own horn here. I am just trying to reach deep for the atheists on this thread. And I HARDLY have a lack of FAITH!! Heheheeehh

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Joe,

I hope you will be able to my post 928 especially. You will find out where I'm coming from. I also gave some good rep. pts. to xAvarice for his post. Thanks for everything. I'm not trying to blow my own horn whatsoever. Just trying to get through to a very ROUGH CROWD of agnostics and atheists.

God Be Kind To You Always, Joseph,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear xAvarice,

I gave you some good rep pts. and they took, but I never saw my message to you. So I am doing it again and trying again. Thanks. You deserve it!!

Michael

noguru

Nog, i know you were talking to micheal but I think I am guilty of this..

ty for pointing it out in a way that I can understand..

Your credibility has just risen much higher in my eyes. It takes more social courage to admit when we are wrong than it does to irrationally cling to inaccurate ideas.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

I also have admitted when I was wrong on this site. But I am surely NOT clinging to some irrational, inaccurate ideas. I say this because I'm pretty sure you are talking about me. No??

From One Christian to Another Christian?

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear FraterJoseph,

The following doesn't apply to you. You do no such thing. You are not guilty of it at all. You barely speak up enough.

Quote:
"Nog, i know you were talking to micheal but I think I am guilty of this..

ty for pointing it out in a way that I can understand.."

God Be With You Joe,

Michael

noguru

Dear noguru,

I also have admitted when I was wrong on this site.

No, you have not. You are a liar and a coward. No offense, whatsoever, just saying. You don't even know you are wrong, so how can you admit it. Your are too oblivious to even acknowledge your error.

But I am surely NOT clinging to some irrational, inaccurate ideas.

Your ideas are not only irrational and inaccurate, they are incoherent as well?

I say this because I'm pretty sure you are talking about me. No??

I am talking about anyone who fits the bill here.

From One Christian to Another Christian?
Michael

I know you claim to be a Christian, but based on your vast track record here I have very little confidence in anything you say.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

Please be sure to read my Post 928 on Page 62 of this thread, before it gets lost in the crowd. I will be sure to keep you up on it, so you don't get boggled down in this world's cares.

God Bless Your Hearts!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

My vast track record on this site has this thread alone past 14,000 visits and many reads and posts. Your double-talk does not change the fact that you just like to try to blow up at people for your own devious reasons.

Yes, I have admitted when I was wrong on this site when it was pointed out and it was true. I apologized and said I was sorry, and asked for forgiveness. You don't know as much as you like to spew. I am far from being a liar or a coward. If I'm a liar, then what I've said on Post 928, Pg. 62, will not happen, will it, as you say. Let's see what time brings. You sure are a volatile human being for a Christian.

Excuse Me For Having To Defend Myself,

Michael

noguru

Dear noguru,

My vast track record on this site has this thread alone past 14,000 visits and many reads and posts. Your double-talk does not change the fact that you just like to try to blow up at people for your own devious reasons.

Yes, I have admitted when I was wrong on this site when it was pointed out and it was true. I apologized and said I was sorry, and asked for forgiveness. You don't know as much as you like to spew. I am far from being a liar or a coward. If I'm a liar, then what I've said on Post 928, Pg. 62, will not happen, will it, as you say. Let's see what time brings. You sure are a volatile human being for a Christian.

Excuse Me For Having To Defend Myself,

Michael

Michael, I am not blowing up at you. I am just being honest. I am sorry that I cannot sugar coat things to spare your precious feelings about your whacko ideas here. I don't lie to people just to make them feel better. I call them how I see them. I highly suspect that you are a complete fraud and a troll, who comes here to make Christians look bad and try to get readership for your book.

Status
Not open for further replies.