Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

I like Mark S. and DFT_Dave. They are on the same wavelength as me. I have other friends too, though, and you know who you are. All of you, to be honest. Even DavisBJ. Some I am closer to than others. Life is a beach!! Now what I need is some good rep. pts.!! I try to give all of you the same.

May God Give You A Good Amount Of His Spirit,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

My guess is that you all don't know that Hell is the center of the earth. It is very hot and is the bottomless pit. Because it has no bottom. Only a center. Isn't God so dang clever?? Uri Geller and Jean-Pierre Girard are going straight to the Lake of Fire, Our Sun. That's where they will be cast. See Rev. 19:20. I was told by an angel that they are the beast (Uri) and the false prophet (Jean-Pierre). I know this so well that I could stake my soul on it. I heard the angel very clearly. You don't have to believe me. Just want you to know for later, after things all happen.

With Christ's Love Always,

Michael

6days

evolutionism can't be refuted

evolutionism can't be refuted

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Evolutionism and Creationism are beliefs about the past that can't be falsified.

Evolution is directly observed.

You make the fallacy of equivocation.

We see technology evolves....We see thought processes evolve...we see that music evolves etc.

Evolutionism is a belief in a common ancestor which is not directly observed, and can't be falsified.

What can be directly observes is processes such as adaptation, natural selection, genetic drift etc...all processes which fit Biblical creation model.

Barbarian said:
Evolutionary theory has been able to make a large number of (later verified) predictions about it, which is why scientists overwhelmingly accept it.

Many of the successful evolutionary predictions are also creationist predictions. For example in genetics the same prediction can often be made based on common designer or common ancestor.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
We know from God's Word that evolutionism is not true...

In fact, nothing God has told us contradicts evolution

It seems you equivocate on what that word means. If you mean the belief in a common ancestor, then that belief is not Biblical, contradicting God's Word and His character.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
but it can't be scientifically falsified(Like God creating can't be falsified)

As Haldane remarked, a rabbit in Cambrian rock. Simple A feathered mammal. Finding a plant more genetically close to a given mammal, than that mammal is to a reptile.

The belief in a common ancestor can't be falsified. The things you mention are silly things which also would not fit the Biblical model.

Never the less.... "rabbits in the Cambrian" are often found but dismissed by evolutionists with a wave of their magical evolutionary wand. For example complex sophisticated vision/eyes exists in some of the creature evolutionists think represent the earliest creatures. There is ZERO evidence of eye evolution but they say it 'happened in the blink of an eye'. ....magic!!

Evolutionism is built on fantasy...it is a psuedoscience which can not be refuted.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Evolution is directly observed.

You make the fallacy of equivocation.

No, and I'll show you why in moment.

We see technology evolves....We see thought processes evolve...we see that music evolves etc.

Evolution means "change." Which could be a lot of things. Hence, Darwin's preference for "descent with modification." Today, biological evolution is "change in allele frequency over time in populations."

Evolutionism is a belief in a common ancestor which is not directly observed, and can't be falsified.

That could be easily falsified. For example, if flies and dogs were genetically more alike than dogs and horses, it would falsify the notion of a common ancestor. Do you see why?

One of the great problems in biology was how Linnaeus was able to make a tree of living things on Earth, as though they all descended from a common ancestor. Darwin explained how it happened, and of course, Mendel explained the way it was passed on.

What can be directly observes is processes such as adaptation, natural selection, genetic drift etc...all processes which fit Biblical creation model.

No. None of those are Biblical, and creationists never mentioned them until science revealed them.

Barbarian observes:
Evolutionary theory has been able to make a large number of (later verified) predictions about it, which is why scientists overwhelmingly accept it.

Many of the successful evolutionary predictions are also creationist predictions.

No. Go back and check. You'll find that they were always copied later from science.

For example in genetics the same prediction can often be made based on common designer or common ancestor.

No. For example, the problem of broken genes in closely related organisms is an insoluble puzzle for creationism, but makes perfect sense in light of evolution.

We know from God's Word that evolutionism is not true../QUOTE]

It seems you equivocate on what that word means.

As you see, it has a very precise definition in biology.

If you mean the belief in a common ancestor, then that belief is not Biblical, contradicting God's Word and His character.

Wrong. Nothing in the Bible rules out a common ancestor.

but it can't be scientifically falsified(Like God creating can't be falsified)

Barbarian observes:
As Haldane remarked, a rabbit in Cambrian rock. Simple A feathered mammal. Finding a plant more genetically close to a given mammal, than that mammal is to a reptile.

The belief in a common ancestor can't be falsified.

See above. I showed you some others. There are many things that could do that.

The things you mention are silly things which also would not fit the Biblical model.

Of course they are silly; they don't fit God's creation. This is the elephant in the room for creationists; evolution fits His word better than creationism does.

Never the less.... "rabbits in the Cambrian" are often found but dismissed by evolutionists with a wave of their magical evolutionary wand. For example complex sophisticated vision/eyes exists in some of the creature evolutionists think represent the earliest creatures.

You've been misled about that. The earliest trilobite-like organisms were eyeless. Later on, primitive eyes appear in trilobites. And then more complicated ones. Would you like to learn about it?

There is ZERO evidence of eye evolution

Actually, the steps are preserved in the living members of a number of phyla. Would you like to see that?

but they say it 'happened in the blink of an eye'. ....magic!!

No, that's wrong. Took millions of years for each example of complex eyes.

Evolutionism is built on fantasy...it is a psuedoscience which can not be refuted.

That is, as you see, a false belief. The evidence is quite clear for it.

Even creationists who have examined the evidence admit that the evidence supports evolution. They merely say that they put more reliance on their understanding of Genesis.

6days

Barbarian said:
Evolution is directly observed.....
Evolution means "change." Which could be a lot of things. Hence, Darwin's preference for "descent with modification." Today, biological evolution is "change in allele frequency over time in populations."
You are making the fallacy of equivocation. *Change in allele frequency is observable science. Belief in a common ancestor is not observable science.
You equivocate on the word evolution. If you mean change in allele frequency, then say what you mean.

Barbarian said:
6days said:

That could be easily falsified. For example, if flies and dogs were genetically more alike than dogs and horses, it would falsify the notion of a common ancestor.

Using your logic... creationism is also falsifiable. Your example would falsify the notion of common design.

Barbarian said:
One of the great problems in biology was how Linnaeus was able to make a tree of living things on Earth, as though they all descended from a common ancestor. Darwin explained how it happened, and of course, Mendel explained the way it was passed on.

I think it is a bit dishonest how you phrased that.

Linnaeus the father of modern taxonomy devised a classification system based on his belief that God created in an orderly fashion. He believed species could change...but not change into a different kind of plant or animal.
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/linnaeus.html

While Linnaeus used observable science, Darwin...not knowing genetics, extrapolated that maybe one kind can evolve into another kind. It was a belief then..it remains a belief now, even though science continues showing Darwinian beliefs are incorrect.

And yes Mendel explained gentics. The more we understand genetics, the more reason we have to praise our Creator. (Science is worship, or should be to believers). And, the more we understand genetics, the better we realize how impossible evolutionism is.

Barbarian said:
6days said:

No. None of those are Biblical, and creationists never mentioned them until science revealed them.

Do I sense you are anxious to find fault with Gods Word? God created our universe in an orderly fashion that makes science possible. Many...likely the majority of scientists who are considered fathers of modern science believed that the Bible was literally true. That belief lead scientists to formulate ideas such as natural selection, that earth revolves around the sun etc etc. Adaptation, genetic drift, sexual selection, change in allele frequency are observable science which correspond with the Biblical account of the creation and fall.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
For example in genetics the same prediction can often be made based on common designer or common ancestor.

No. For example, the problem of broken genes in closely related organisms is an insoluble puzzle for creationism, but makes perfect sense in light of evolution.

As a Christian, why not accept that God's Word is truth...and that "broken genes" are evidence of the Biblical account. ( Also genetic reaearch is now finding many of these "broken genes" are not broken at all but serve important purposes. )

Barbarian said:
6days said:
We know from God's Word that evolutionism is not true..

Are you equivocating?

Evolutionism does contradict God's Word. For example it puts death before sin.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Never the less.... "rabbits in the Cambrian" are often found but dismissed by evolutionists with a wave of their magical evolutionary wand. For example complex sophisticated vision/eyes exists in some of the creature evolutionists think represent the earliest creatures.

You've been misled about that. The earliest trilobite-like organisms were eyeless. Later on, primitive eyes appear in trilobites. And then more complicated ones. Would you like to learn about it?

You are hardly in a position to teach evolutionary beliefs when you dont understand it yourself.
Dr John Paterson on shrimp eyes says “ … there was no evidence for eyes in organisms that lived before the Cambrian Explosion—a rapid increase in the diversity of life that began about 540 million years ago. The latest find showed sophisticated vision had evolved very rapidly. It came with a bang, in a geological blink of an eye.”.

The article is titled 'The Eyes Have it' from Canberra and Sydney Times based on a Nature article.*

http://archive.today/qANTZ

There you have it... no evidence. You can arrange your charts showing eye evolution from a "simple" light sensitive cell, but your chart is fantasy. Complex sohisticated vision is a rabbit in the cambrian...its evidence against Darwinism...yet you believe?

Gods Word and the Creation account are harmonious with science, but not with evolutionism.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian, You're Wrong.

Evolution, as far as Actual Speciation, has never Been Observed.

Evolution is A Lie.

=M=

Mutation, However, is obvious. Every Creationist Believes in Mutation, It's the Reason that Children don't look Exactly like their Parents.
It's Also the Reason for Every Problem that Humans Experience with their ability to Reproduce.

Which is why they are Called, Genetic Disorders, when these mutations Occur, Not Genetic Orders.
If Mutation could Result with New Genetic Information, then Evolution, could be Real. However, in Reality, Mutation only Leads to Less Potent Creatures, with many Genetic Disorders.

Mutation Causing Harm to the Human Genome, is Observable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetic_disorders

Mutation is only A Destructive Force, it is never a Force that will change a Single Celled Organism into a Human, No matter how Much Mutation or Time. The More mutation, the More Chance that the Creature will be Left Unable to Reproduce. It does not Result in a Creature, that is More Capable of Passing on it's Genetic Code to it's Descendants.

Name one Genetic Mutation, that you wish your Genome Possessed From that List.

Who want's Sickle Cell?

Anybody?

Or, Maybe you want your Two Eyes a Different Color?

230px-Heterochromia.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia_iridum

===========================================

Now, Any Evol;

How could Any Amount of Mutation, Ever Lead to Speciation?

Evolutionists Believe that this Same Mutation, is what Made Dinosaurs Eventually able to Fly!!!!

How? If Mutation Only Destroys? All We've observed Was Mutation Destroying, why would you ever think it Would make an Animal Grow Wings, and Learn how to Fly?

This Makes No Sense.
Evolution Has No Basis in Reality.
Keep on Dreaming Evols.

Barbie, is Still a Girl.

Last edited:

Stuu

Dear All,

My guess is that you all don't know that Hell is the center of the earth. It is very hot and is the bottomless pit. Because it has no bottom. Only a center. Isn't God so dang clever?? Uri Geller and Jean-Pierre Girard are going straight to the Lake of Fire, Our Sun. That's where they will be cast. See Rev. 19:20. I was told by an angel that they are the beast (Uri) and the false prophet (Jean-Pierre). I know this so well that I could stake my soul on it. I heard the angel very clearly. You don't have to believe me. Just want you to know for later, after things all happen.

With Christ's Love Always,

Michael
Is brutality clever, do you think?

Stuart

Stuu

Barbarian, You're Wrong.

Evolution, as far as Actual Speciation, has never Been Observed.

Evolution is A Lie.

=M=

Mutation, However, is obvious. Every Creationist Believes in Mutation, It's the Reason that Children don't look Exactly like their Parents.
It's Also the Reason for Every Problem that Humans Experience with their ability to Reproduce.

Which is why they are Called, Genetic Disorders, when these mutations Occur, Not Genetic Orders.
If Mutation could Result with New Genetic Information, then Evolution, could be Real. However, in Reality, Mutation only Leads to Less Potent Creatures, with many Genetic Disorders.
Maybe get back to us when you aren't stoned. Or tell us when you aren't so we can decide if it's worth the attempt at education.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Maybe get back to us when you aren't stoned. Or tell us when you aren't so we can decide if it's worth the attempt at education.

Stuart

Stuu;

I'm honest with you, and that's how you Repay Me?

I'm Shocked, literally Shocked.

=M=

Shelter From the Storm - Bob Dylan

[Psalms 61:2-4 KJV] 2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock [that] is higher than I. 3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, [and] a strong tower from the enemy. 4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

Praise JAH, For God Is Worthy of Praise!!!!

A Father to the Fatherless, and a Judge of the Widows; is God in His Holy Habitation.

[Psalms 68:2-4 KJV] 2 As smoke is driven away, [so] drive [them] away: as wax melteth before the fire, [so] let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 3 But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. 4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Noguru,

I care about your opinion about me also, noguru. You are pretty cool. How old are you? You can PM me if you want to answer. I know you are younger than me. I'm thinking you are 33 years old. God Keep You With Him!!

Michael

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Evolution is directly observed.....
You are making the fallacy of equivocation. *Change in allele frequency is observable science. Belief in a common ancestor is not observable science.
You equivocate on the word evolution.

Perhaps you don't know what "equivocation" means. It doesn't mean "precise definition" (see above) it means something like "the use of ambiguous langage to hide something." For example, trying to equate biological evolution to things like changes in music would be an example of equivocation.

If you mean change in allele frequency, then say what you mean.

That's what evolution is. I thought you knew; you talked as though you were familiar with the theory.

Barbarian observes:
That could be easily falsified. For example, if flies and dogs were genetically more alike than dogs and horses, it would falsify the notion of a common ancestor.

Using your logic... creationism is also falsifiable.

Could be, if they made testable predictions before the fact was known. I don't know of any examples right off, but maybe some exist. Tell us about them.

Your example would falsify the notion of common design.

Nope. For example, the advocates of "common design" claim that platypuses are like ducks because they have a superficially similarly-shape set of mouthparts. They seem completely unconcerned that the platypus is genetically much more closely related to other mammals than to any bird.

Moreover, when a bit of heme (fraction of a hemoglobin molecule) was found in dinosaur bone (some organic molecules can survive for millions of years in anoxic conditions) the heme was most like that of a bird, and unlike that of modern reptiles.

Which makes no sense at all to creationism, but was a prediction of science.

Barbarian observes:

I think it is a bit dishonest how you phrased that.

Nope. In fact, Mendel cleared up a serious problem for Darwin's theory. You see, Darwin was unable to explain how, if heredity was like mixing paint, how a new change could spread in a population. It would be like mixing a drop of red paint in a barrel of white. But Mendel showed that heredity was like sorting beads, and it became immediately clear how Darwin's theory was correct.

Linnaeus the father of modern taxonomy devised a classification system based on his belief that God created in an orderly fashion.

What he couldn't explain, as he admitted, was why his tree system worked for living things but nothing else. He tried the same thing with minerals and it didn't work. (Linnaeus thought minerals grew from mating of rocks, so it's clear why he thought a family tree might work) Darwin explained why it didn't work. A nested hierarchy like taxonomic trees, can only appear by common descent.

While Linnaeus used observable science, Darwin...not knowing genetics, extrapolated that maybe one kind can evolve into another kind.

And a great number of predictions, based on that theory, such as fish with functional legs, whales with functional legs, transitionals between humans and apes, feathered dinosaurs, and so on, have been confirmed to be true. This is why scientists overwhelmingly accept it.

It was a belief then..it remains a belief now

In the sense that scientist believe atoms are made of protons, neutrons, and electrons.

Creationism is a belief in the sense that people believe in leprechauns.

even though science continues showing Darwinian beliefs are incorrect.

I'm guessing you didn't include any support for that belief, because you can't think of one right now.

And yes Mendel explained gentics. The more we understand genetics, the more reason we have to praise our Creator. (Science is worship, or should be to believers).

I was just out in a marsh a few weeks ago, and it happened to me, as it does so often, when I'm alone in His creation. On the shore, under a tree, a heron had just speared a small fish. As I went by, he froze under a willow, in some reeds, and for a moment, the invisible things, clearly seen were open to me. It is a moment of profound worship, and it is only heightened by knowing some of the details of creation.

14860178104_9594918c80_z.jpg

It's why I spend time there, alone. Creation is more wonderful, as you learn more and more about it.

And, the more we understand genetics, the better we realize how impossible evolutionism is.

Mendel disagreed with you. So do almost all biologists. For the reasons I mentioned above.

Barbarian observes:

Do I sense you are anxious to find fault with Gods Word?

Creationists are not God, although some of them often presume to correct Him.

God created our universe in an orderly fashion that makes science possible. Many...likely the majority of scientists who are considered fathers of modern science believed that the Bible was literally true.

Not Eratosthenes, nor Democritus, nor Newton, nor Kepler, nor Einstein. When he wrote The Origin of Species Darwin did of course, but he later became an agnostic.

That belief lead scientists to formulate ideas such as natural selection

Nope. Neither Wallace nor Darwin did so. And although some scientists earlier had speculated that environment might change species, they had no evidence nor a comprehensive theory explaining how.

that earth revolves around the sun etc etc.

Luther and Calvin correctly asserted that interpreting the Bible in a strictly literal sense would rule out the Earth moving at all.

Adaptation, genetic drift, sexual selection, change in allele frequency are observable science which correspond with the Biblical account of the creation and fall.

Nope. None of that is in the Bible. There are many things that are true, that are not in the Bible.

Barbarian observes:

As a Christian, why not accept that God's Word is truth...

It is. It's just not compatible with Creationism. For example, Genesis rules out the "life ex nihilo" doctrine of YE creationism.

And that "broken genes" are evidence of the Biblical account.

No. The Bible says nothing about that.

( Also genetic reaearch is now finding many of these "broken genes" are not broken at all but serve important purposes. )

Show me what the vitamin C gene in primates is for.

We know from God's Word that evolutionism is not true..

Are you equivocating?

No, equivocating would be things like trying to connect changes in music with biological evolution.

Evolutionism does contradict God's Word.

Nope. It contradicts creationism, but as I said, many forms of creationism are not consistent with God's word.

For example it puts death before sin.

Now, that's an equivocation. The "death" God told Adam about in the Garden was not a physical death, but a spiritual one that did not appear before sin. We know this, because God told Adam he would die the day he ate from the tree, but Adam lives on physically for many years after.

Barbarian observes:

You are hardly in a position to teach evolutionary beliefs when you dont understand it yourself.

I've spent a lifetime studying biology. So I know a bit about it, perhaps more than you suspect.

Dr John Paterson on shrimp eyes says “ … there was no evidence for eyes in organisms that lived before the Cambrian Explosion—a rapid increase in the diversity of life that began about 540 million years ago.

Actually, there were eyeless arthropods or pre-arthropods in the Precambrian. A number of different species of the Ediacaran fauna were like that. Eyes appeared later. As your source admits, they evolved rapidly, but still over millions of years. Over the 300 million years of their existence on Earth, they evolved three major types of eyes, with many, many variations. That's a long time.

The latest find showed sophisticated vision had evolved very rapidly. It came with a bang, in a geological blink of an eye.”.

No more than 10 million years. But there are other, also extremely useful mutations that have appears that rapidly.

There you have it... no evidence.

Did you read the article?

He discusses the evidence for evolution.

You can arrange your charts showing eye evolution from a "simple" light sensitive cell, but your chart is fantasy.

Nope. Start a new thread on "evidence for evolution of eyes" and we'll talk about it. The evidence is voluminous and from many different lines of evidence. Too big for a bunny trail here, but I'd really like to talk about it.

Complex sohisticated vision is a rabbit in the cambrian...its evidence against Darwinism...

Even the guy you cited, thinks it's evidence for evolution.

yet you believe?

You mean as I believe in God?

Or I believe someone is a good person?

Or "I believe I'll have another Guinness?"

Or "based on the evidence, scientists believe that an atom is composed of protons, neutrons, and electrons."

Put me down for that last one, in this case.

Gods Word and the Creation account are harmonious with science, but not with evolutionism.

I understand you want to believe this. But it comes down to evidence. As you see, nothing in the Bible contradicts evolution, but it does contradict YE creationism.

Last edited:

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Barbie is a woman in a Man's Body, or, A Man in a Woman's Body.

I'm not completely sure.

=M=

Probably the first one though.

I know!!

Tell me more about how you believe Wolves and Dogs are a Different Species, again.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I don't buy the postmodernist idea that truth is whatever we want it to be. Creationists make this argument, because they don't want to accept what God told us about creation.

Ironic, um? If you want to peddle the idea that our preconceptions won't let us understand evidence any other way, you'd have to explain how creationists before Darwin suddenly accepted the way it actually happened after Darwin presented his evidence. Sounds like an impossible contradiction for you.

This argument smells of desperation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't buy the postmodernist idea that truth is whatever we want it to be. Creationists make this argument, because they don't want to accept what God told us about creation.

Ironic, um? If you want to peddle the idea that our preconceptions won't let us understand evidence any other way, you'd have to explain how creationists before Darwin suddenly accepted the way it actually happened after Darwin presented his evidence. Sounds like an impossible contradiction for you.

This argument smells of desperation.
If you are talking about the video it is not talking about postmodernism or that truth can be whatever you want it to be. The video is communicating that people with different world views interpret evidence differently.

noguru

If you are talking about the video it is not talking about postmodernism or that truth can be whatever you want it to be. The video is communicating that people with different world views interpret evidence differently.

Yes, but whose view should we trust and why? That is the question. I can demonstrate why your view is messed up. When you try to do the same about my view you just further demonstrate how messed up your view is. :wave2:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but whose view should we trust and why? That is the question. I can demonstrate why your view is messed up. When you try to do the same about my view you just further demonstrate how messed up your view is. :wave2:
That you and I both have a world view is not postmodernism. To believe we can both be right if we are in disagreement may be.

noguru

That you and I both have a world view is not postmodernism.

For you to claim there is no objective reality that can be assessed with empirical evidence is post modernism. It is exactly what Bacon opposed in philosophy, but many of you modern day YECs cling to. In short, it is stupid.

To believe we can both be right if we are in disagreement may be.

Boy you are brilliant sir. Let's get some more of dat wisdom of yours right here, right now. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.