Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selaphiel

I was not saying Buddhism is nihilistic. Where did you get that idea? I was trying to distinguish between atheistic ontologies that see meaning in the workings of the universe, and those that see it as all for naught. Though many might misinterpet nirvana to be exactly that.

Think you may have misread me there. I know you don't think Buddhism is nihilistic. I was agreeing with you, as in I was merely saying that I (as well) considered Buddhism to be one atheistic (although there are gods with lower case g in Buddhist cosmology) ontology that has a transcendent reality and therefore is not nihilistic.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Seraphiel,

Looks like you are having a grand ol' time here. I leave for one minute and eek!!
I have not studied Buddhism or know much about it. I'd rather leave more room in my brain for Jesus and Christianity, and some Hinduism, but only that which applies to the same things I believe in as a Christian. God bless you Selaphiel. You're a welcome sight here to this thread!! And the rest of you all are also very welcome sights to this thread!!!

In Christ's Love,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Seraphiel,

I believe that this life on earth is a part of our life and is very important. I believe that the reason each of us is on earth is to learn to choose between good and evil, God and Jesus Christ. and the Holy Spirit or the devil/Satan/Lucifer/the Beast. The more we choose good, the more of God's Spirit we have in us. The more we choose bad, it increases all the more evil spirit within us. This is what makes up our personality and individualism. But, best we learn that God is Omnipotent, Jesus our Messiah and Older Brother, and Savior. Best it is also to see that those who choose too much evil will pay a high price. I mean, we are given Free Will, but there can't be the same reward for both good and evil. You'll notice in Rev. 20:13 that even the sea, and death and hell gave up the souls that were in them, and every one of them was judged according to 'their works'. So some of them that committed adultery or fornication their 2-5 times in their life back in the old times is nothing compared to the 5 times married or 200-300-1,000 different women one man sleeps with during his lifetime by going to the bar every weekend and having sex with two different girls each weekend. Do you understand what I mean. The old people's sins are nothing compared to what God has to forgive now in our time. Yet God is very compassionate and understanding, and knows we don't realize what we're doing, well, when we do understand, we should humbly on our knees, pray to Him for forgiveness and repent, or change our ways.

Seraphiel, what is your take on all of this? How do you feel? Let me know.

Much Love and God's Blessings,

Michael

servantofChrist

Christianity Compatible With Evolution? No Way!

Christianity Compatible With Evolution? No Way!

It's actually Billions of years, not millions so you're way out from the get go. And there are plenty of educated Christians who accept the evidence for evolution.

Ken Miller is highly respected for his work in the science of evolution, and was a key witness opposing intelligent design at the Dover trial. He is also a devout Catholic.

You're not even wrong :jawdrop:

The brief words of Christ in Matt. 19:4 settle the matter in all finality.

"And He answered and said, 'Have you not read, that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE...?'"

Jesus said that humans were:

(1) created

He said that they were:

(2) created "male and female"

And He said that they were:

(3) created male and female "from the beginning."

Jesus' words leave no "room" or "space" (however you wish to think of it) for evolution.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear servantofChrist,

Right on! I gave you some good rep pts. because you deserve them. Is it a misprint that you've been here since 2001 and have only posted 118 times? I don't understand.

You also must understand that when He MADE them male and female from the beginning includes making them before our own Adam and Eve also. There have been generations before us. Human fossils prove that, besides that's what He told me. He said this KJV Bible is only a record of our current Adam and Eve, and all those things that followed. He has made other generations of Adams before our own. This is the reason it is written, "and He called THEIR name ADAM in the day they were created." (See Gen. 5:1 and Gen. 5:2). Gen. 5:2...See the old KJV for that. The NKJV is in error saying Mankind instead of the original Adam. Thanks for reading my posts.

May God Kiss Your Forehead,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear ServantofChrist,

Hi! I put you on my Contacts and Friends box, but you have no Avatar. That is the picture that you choose to go with your subscription. If you ask Delmar nicely, he will give you an Avatar (pic). Good luck with everything!!

Much Love in Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear hedshaker,

There aren't masses of evidence supporting it. Each time the Lord made man, He did it a bit differently. That is the fossil record you are seeing. Same with the other animals. It's not all by magic or natural selection, it's by God's Hand and His doing. Do you actually think that a world so perfect just made itself? You are a nut case waiting to happen. Get it together hedshaker. You're too old for this. You should know better considering how old you are. Many children are smarter than you.

May Jesus Be With You,

MichaelC

Lordkalvan

Dear hedshaker,

There aren't masses of evidence supporting it. Each time the Lord made man, He did it a bit differently. That is the fossil record you are seeing. Same with the other animals. It's not all by magic or natural selection, it's by God's Hand and His doing. Do you actually think that a world so perfect just made itself? You are a nut case waiting to happen. Get it together hedshaker. You're too old for this. You should know better considering how old you are. Many children are smarter than you.

May Jesus Be With You,

MichaelC
I thought 'the Lord' only made man once?

Hedshaker

Dear hedshaker,

May Jesus Be With You,

MichaelC

You have been pointed to, and invited to, examine some of the evidence for yourself, after which you may have possibly been in position to post more intelligently on the subject. But instead you waved it away without study so I don't think you are qualified to make any comment about the evidence.

As difficult as it may be you should spend ten minutes to read the link provided below. The principles therein may help you become aware of something others see clearly about your posting style.

I doubt anyone will be holding their breath while you do so though.

Dunning-Kruger effect

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Lordkalvan,

No LK, the angel explained to me that the Lord had made man a number of times after God created him initially. The first time God created man was long ago. I can't believe I have to explain this all again. God 'created' man 'after' He created the fowl and animals in the first chapter of Genesis. But in the second chapter it says that the 'Lord God' formed the man 'before' He formed the fowl and animals. In Genesis chapter 1, it is written that God created the fowl from the waters (See Gen. 1:20), but in Genesis chapter 2, it is written that the 'Lord God' 'formed' the fowl and animals from the dust of the ground (See Gen. 2:19) and brought them to the man He had already 'formed' to see what the man would call them. Two different instances of creating and forming. The angel explained to me that there have been a number of times that man has been formed after God first created him, and He called THEIR name Adam in the day they were created (See Gen. 5:2). The Lord God saw that the man was lonely, so He formed the fowl and beasts, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them.

The angel said that man kept learning war and killing, etc. and sinning, and so the Lord wiped the earth clean and formed man again a number of times, each time making man a bit different. Man keeps learning war, but gets better all the time. Just like Noah and his family being saved out of everyone else.

Got to run.

In God's Love,

Michael

Lordkalvan

Dear Lordkalvan,

No LK, the angel explained to me that the Lord had made man a number of times after God created him initially. The first time God created man was long ago. I can't believe I have to explain this all again. God 'created' man 'after' He created the fowl and animals in the first chapter of Genesis. But in the second chapter it says that the 'Lord God' formed the man 'before' He formed the fowl and animals. In Genesis chapter 1, it is written that God created the fowl from the waters (See Gen. 1:20), but in Genesis chapter 2, it is written that the 'Lord God' 'formed' the fowl and animals from the dust of the ground (See Gen. 2:19) and brought them to the man He had already 'formed' to see what the man would call them. Two different instances of creating and forming. The angel explained to me that there have been a number of times that man has been formed after God first created him, and He called THEIR name Adam in the day they were created (See Gen. 5:2). The Lord God saw that the man was lonely, so He formed the fowl and beasts, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them.

The angel said that man kept learning war and killing, etc. and sinning, and so the Lord wiped the earth clean and formed man again a number of times, each time making man a bit different. Man keeps learning war, but gets better all the time. Just like Noah and his family being saved out of everyone else.

Got to run.

In God's Love,

Michael
Or maybe Genesis is just a confusion of creation tales and your interpretation of it is at fault? At least ten species of Homo have been identified, together with the Australopithecines. Are all these ancestral lines failed attempts at making man by God? How far back in time do they reach, in your opinion?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LK,

They were not 'failed' attempts by God. He creates good and He creates evil. It is part of life. He let Adam eat the fruit at Eve's urging as Adam's free will and choice, but Jesus would never have been born except that Adam finally ate the dang fruit. You don't even understand half of what's going on, dude!

If it pleases God to erase dinosaurs and men/women from the earth, it is part of His Plan and not yours surely. He has His reasons. I know what His reasons are, but I'm not saying anything to you, because I have to keep some secrets. If you ever make it to heaven, you'll find out then. You'll just have to understand that Life goes on and on, meandering down the path He paves for it. But I assure you that, without Him, there would be no path nor anything to go down it either, for there would be a big NOTHING! Do you understand yet?

I've already addressed all of these things in this thread and am not going over all of it again because you missed it somehow along the line. Ask hedshaker or somebody. It is enough that I've entertained you to this point. I'm not going to keep repeating my testimony from the Lord.

You'd Be Smarter To Get ON the Bandwagon,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LK,

You're not going to get very far without reading the scriptural verses I've mentioned from the Old KJV Bible. This new-fangled NKJV Bible does not say the same things and is a big disappointment to me and the Lord.

MichaelC

Lordkalvan

Dear LK,

They were not 'failed' attempts by God.
Well, this doesn't entirely square with your previous post that claimed

'The angel said that man kept learning war and killing, etc. and sinning, and so the Lord wiped the earth clean and formed man again a number of times, each time making man a bit different. Man keeps learning war, but gets better all the time. Just like Noah and his family being saved out of everyone else.'

So man 'gets better' with each creation, but the failure to get 'better' enough has nothing to do with the alleged creator?
He creates good and He creates evil.
That seems a dumb thing to do. If I was omnipotent and omniscient, I'd skip the evil.
It is part of life. He let Adam eat the fruit at Eve's urging as Adam's free will and choice, but Jesus would never have been born except that Adam finally ate the dang fruit. You don't even understand half of what's going on, dude!
I certainly don't understand half of what's going on in your posts, dude.
If it pleases God to erase dinosaurs and men/women from the earth, it is part of His Plan and not yours surely.
Looks like circular reasoning to me, not to mention arguing after the fact.
He has His reasons. I know what His reasons are, but I'm not saying anything to you, because I have to keep some secrets. If you ever make it to heaven, you'll find out then. You'll just have to understand that Life goes on and on, meandering down the path He paves for it. But I assure you that, without Him, there would be no path nor anything to go down it either, for there would be a big NOTHING! Do you understand yet?
No. Perhaps you need to let us in on some of those secrets?
I've already addressed all of these things in this thread and am not going over all of it again because you missed it somehow along the line. Ask hedshaker or somebody. It is enough that I've entertained you to this point. I'm not going to keep repeating my testimony from the Lord.

You'd Be Smarter To Get ON the Bandwagon,

Michael
You could always provide a link to the relevant post(s).

Lordkalvan

Dear LK,

You're not going to get very far without reading the scriptural verses I've mentioned from the Old KJV Bible. This new-fangled NKJV Bible does not say the same things and is a big disappointment to me and the Lord.

MichaelC
I see. The Lord prefers 17th Century English for some reason, does he?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LK,

No, it's just they did a lousy job interpreting the KJV of the Bible compared to the new version. They haven't done it justice, by far.

No, I am not revealing any secrets. Man either chooses by FAITH to believe in God and His Son, or not. That determines what man will win at the end of his earthly life. Eternal Life with God and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and the sheer beauty of heaven, a Universe to explore exceedingly. Or burning forever in the Lake of Fire (our Sun).

Ask hedshaker your questions from now on. He knows. I'm not going to keep retyping what I've already done.

Bye.

MichaelC

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear hedshaker,

I have read and studied enough about evolution already, so your words fall on deaf ears. I'll not keep rereading it just to please you. I'd rather just believe what my Father told me. Wouldn't you do the same if you weren't atheist??

In God's Name,

MichaelC

Lordkalvan

Dear LK,

No, it's just they did a lousy job interpreting the KJV of the Bible compared to the new version. They haven't done it justice, by far.
So the Lord is critiquing 'new' bibles from a stylistic point of view? What does he think of earlier versions? What about Bibles in other languages, such as the Mentel Bible, or is his opinion limited to English-language versions only?
No, I am not revealing any secrets. Man either chooses by FAITH to believe in God and His Son, or not. That determines what man will win at the end of his earthly life. Eternal Life with God and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and the sheer beauty of heaven, a Universe to explore exceedingly. Or burning forever in the Lake of Fire (our Sun).
So that's 'Man' except for yourself, who has been chosen to receive these secrets and keep them all to yourself?
Ask hedshaker your questions from now on. He knows. I'm not going to keep retyping what I've already done.

Bye.

MichaelC
I didn't ask you to. I suggested you could provide a link. Even a post number would do. Your posts aren't secret too, are they?

Hedshaker

Dear hedshaker,

I have read and studied enough about evolution already, so your words fall on deaf ears.

The link wasn't about evolution it was about your flawed posting style and superior self importance delusion. People have studied the phenomenon, you should read it. Who know? You might just understand it and gain a little understanding. And no, I don't think for a second you have done any study on the subject of your thread since you are obviously clueless about evolution.

I'll not keep rereading it just to please you. I'd rather just believe what my Father told me. Wouldn't you do the same if you weren't atheist??

Even in the unlikely event I had a knock on the head and woke up a believer of Christian mythology I'm sure I would still thirst knowledge, truth and honest discovery. But hey, it's your mind, feel free to keep it tightly closed. Makes no difference to me.

In God's Name,

In Reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.