Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear One Eyed Jack and noguru,

Wonderful! I keep thinking everyone here is really young. I can't seem to help myself. Wasn't Emma Peel/Diana Rigg hot as could be?!! She was a fox!! I have a lot of the shows on VCR tapes. I'm going to buy some machine from Roxio to put my VCR movies on DVDs, and it also lets you put cassettes on CDs. It's about $60. Otherwise, I will lose them. I even have her last episode on the show. That's my favorite. It's really too bad she didn't stay a year or two longer.

Well, we're from the hippie generation, eh? I'm 58 years old. I think Stevie Nicks was a fox too. Cristine McVie is rejoining the group and they're suppose to do another tour. I don't know if they'll beat Jesus or not. They're suppose to do a new album. The concert tickets cost so much these days.

Well, you guys are really cool and fun to talk with! Chat with you again soon. You know we will!!

God Bless Your Hearts,

Michael

alwight

Dear Alwight,

I am well, Alwight. And how are you? Turns out there was a dues issue. I paid mine more than 2 weeks earlier, so I couldn't get on last night. It's no big deal. It was though. I thought I'd gotten banned. Alwight, how is England treating you?? Wish I could afford to live in London, even afford to visit it. Diana Rigg used to live on Stratford-upon-Avon. She was the fox from the old series, The Avengers. WOW!! I was mesmerized by her. She could take care of herself, that's for sure. I figure you're too young to know that show??

May God And Jesus Be With You And Bless You Whole Bunches!

Michael
Hi Michael,
I spent my working life mainly in London's West End, near Harrods, but rich people actually live there, not me, and btw I'm older than you apparently.
I gather that London may be the most expensive place to live these days but I now live on the Isle of Wight and not many people here have any great wealth.
I remember the original Avengers series in black and white with Honor Blackman as the leading lady with John Steed. ;)

alwight

I caught a few episodes as a child. I started watching thinking it might be a British version of 'Get Smart".
I liked the way the leading characters in the Avengers (TV series) were always cool, sophisticated and competent in any circumstances, unlike Maxwell Smart.

One Eyed Jack

Hi Michael,
I spent my working life mainly in London's West End, near Harrods, but rich people actually live there, not me, and btw I'm older than you apparently.
I gather that London may be the most expensive place to live these days but I now live on the Isle of Wight and not many people here have any great wealth.
I remember the original Avengers series in black and white with Honor Blackman as the leading lady with John Steed. ;)

I remember them too. Benny Hill, Monty Python and Dr. Who -- I used to love all that stuff.

Pretty mild climate (and fairly sunny) there on the Isle of Wight, huh? Looks like a nice place.

I liked the way the leading characters in the Avengers (TV series) were always cool, sophisticated and competent in any circumstances, unlike Maxwell Smart.

He was sort of a lovable klutz. And then there was Agent 99. For cool, sophisticated and competent in any circumstances, you had to watch Magnum P.I. or MacGyver. ;)

Hedshaker

Hi Michael,

Lol!!!!

Kinky Boots

Of course, that was produced before we had AUTOTUNE pitch correction software....

noguru

You're right, we should be discussing more serious issues.... now, about The Avengers and Honor Blackman :)

To be honest I liked hearing you guys describe the weather conditions of your early spring. Though I have never been to the UK. I do love the weather in New England in the spring (I spent 35 years there). I imagine that the weather is similar though warmer in the UK because the Gulf Stream makes a right turn off the coast of RI and pushes right up into the islands that are the UK. I would love to get to Ireland and Scotland (for the brown trout fishing) as well.

My Bavarian friend told me that Italy has a law which would enable me to get my Italian citizenship. And with that I would be a citizen of the European Union. All I would need is $3k and proof that my grandparents migrated here from Sicily. I've thought about it, and then spending my later years over there.

noguru

Now your talking. Enjoying that. I saw him live at Glastonbury Festival a few years ago.

You can post music all day for me

I saw him live at the Supper Club in NY city back in 1993ish . It was a large bar restaurant with around 500 theater seats on level one. The whole place (2 level - a mezzanine of about 500) only held about 1,200. He played for over 3 hours, and it was everything I imagined and more. One of my favorites was watching him play "Slim Slow Slider".

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Entropy, if it occurred, (like it does at the moment of death) would sunder the entire DNA structure via thermal diffusion. Entropy would not "corrupt" the DNA, it would destroy it. However the DNA is not destroyed while the organism is living, because it gains energy from cellular metabolism. This is why living organisms need food.
But you haven't explained the difference in the phrases used. That's the difference that was asked for.

Hedshaker

To be honest I liked hearing you guys describe the weather conditions of your early spring. Though I have never been to the UK. I do love the weather in New England in the spring (I spent 35 years there). I imagine that the weather is similar though warmer in the UK because the Gulf Stream makes a right turn off the coast of RI and pushes right up into the islands that are the UK. I would love to get to Ireland and Scotland (for the brown trout fishing) as well.

My Bavarian friend told me that Italy has a law which would enable me to get my Italian citizenship. And with that I would be a citizen of the European Union. All I would need is $3k and proof that my grandparents migrated here from Sicily. I've thought about it, and then spending my later years over there.

Here's a tip. If you ever come to Blighty be sure to bring you umbrella ;)

noguru

Here's a tip. If you ever come to Blighty be sure to bring you umbrella ;)

I realize that the warm water from the Gulf Stream meeting the cooler air means lots of rain in the UK. But that makes the occasional break in the clouds when the sun comes shining through all that more magnificent. Here in the land of sun and saline (next to the LA area we probably have more cosmetic surgery centers per capita than any other place in the world), one often starts to take it for granted. Every morning I reconnect with my gratitude for being able to live here.

Status
Not open for further replies.