Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcthomas

Those textbooks have been removed and destroyed by the embarrassed secular groups responsible for teaching evolutionist propaganda in schools.

So Piltdown Man was widely taught in schools, but none of the books have survived and you cannot even tell me the title of one?

Sounds like your creationist friends have made up some fabricated claims and you can't support then with any sort of evidence. Okay, that sounds like the usual creationist flimflam.

gcthomas

Quote=gcthomas]

Piltdown was questioned almost immediately, rejected fairly soon, with ongoing evidence sought to firmly disprove it's provenance.
Gc... 100+ years after the fraud you are still defending it. Your statements are false. (Atheistic Talkorigins calls that lie a "half truth") Piltdown was questioned by some but widely accepted for 40 years within the evolutionary community.[/QUOTE]

You are misquoting the Talk origins article. The half lie was the claim that...

"The hoax was swallowed uncritically.

This is a half truth; almost no one publicly raised the possibility of a deliberate hoax. There were rumors circulating, however. William Gregory, a paleontologist at the American Museum of Natural History wrote in Natural History in May of 1914:
"It has been suspected by some that geologically [the bones] are not that old at all; that they may even represent a deliberate hoax, a negro or Australian skull and a broken ape jaw, artificially fossilized and planted in the grave bed, to fool scientists."

So, even from 1914 there were dissenting voices. Why did you think you would get away with another deceitful misquote?

Interplanner

Piltdown survived nearly fifty years as a hoax deliberately crafted to deceive people into believing the fossil record supports human evolution from relatives of monkeys. Early prominent scientists put blacks in cages to showcase their ideas of human evolution from monkeys. I totally understand modern evolutionist embarrassment over past 'scientific' proclamations made by early evolutionists.

One of the supporting components of this 'blacks in cages' idea was that evolution was invented by upper British classes to maintain world superiority. It says so in OS on the original title page. It is racist in the deepest sense. This topic is so hot that it could not be touched on in period productions such as AMAZING GRACE even though obviously the radicals embarrassed the rich classes about the racism of slavery, and even though that is a popular cause today. Darwin said he thought perhaps in 1 or 2 centuries the weaker races would be eliminated from the human race. The German proto-Nazi philosopher Goethe (not the poet a century earlier) who formed Yosemite, UC Sacramento, and worked with Sanger in the Human Improvement Project in LA, at one point proposed the liquidation of the Myuk who lived in the Yosemite Valley.

This is why British opposition to the US Constitution was so intense and why German and British Ph.Ds continue to blast away at it. The Constitution proclaims a Creator, a creation and inalienable rights grounded in that, not a state. A state would be malleable and could shift it any which way racists want. In the 1860s the chair of Harvard Law interviewed and found a Ph.D from Europe who was steeped in OS enough to change all the language about law in Harvard's courses to evolutionary verbs such as evolve, survive, select, etc. That's all you need to know.

So those of you who oppose the ability of God as creator to speak anything into existence as he wishes--you are doing the racist work of the upper British classes originated through Huxley, Lyell, and Darwin.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The sooner you believe the whole Bible, the better off you will be. Good start though.

How can this idiot thread have 20,000 posts? MC, who doesn't believe the Bible arguing with those that don't believe the Bible, over what the Bible says. Go figure. Only on TOL.
Darwinists love morons like Cadry. It provides them the comfort of arguing with someone they can pretend represents Biblical truth.

That's why this thread is popular. Tune into a BEL thread and see how little the Darwinists have to say.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are going to critique an idea you disagree with, you have to start with the assumptions that idea is based on, and either show those assumptions are wrong, or that they lead to a wrong conclusion. Otherwise – strawman. Brown totally ignored any possibility of significant changes in earth land mass configurations.
He did assume long ages.

They came back with continental drift, which we are discussing.

He utterly eliminates the possibility of continental drift elsewhere. I'm giving you the luxury of assuming its truth.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jose Fly

The evolutionists say creationist scientists are unqualified.

Pay closer attention. The creationists are the ones saying they are unqualified.

Why? Because creationists present evidence and arguments that evolutionists cannot refute. That is not hard to figure out.

That's an interesting bald assertion....at best.

Jose Fly

Untested speculations entirely based upon superficial observations of bare rocks were the foundation of what men now say became the scientifically established and settled dates for all to accept without question.

Again, that's an interesting series of bald assertions, but not much else.

Well, excuse me but excuse me from the gullible mob who have no desire to question 200 year old unsupported science fiction speculations.

And what exactly do you think doing so anonymously on an internet religious forum will accomplish?

gcthomas

One of the supporting components of this 'blacks in cages' idea was that evolution was invented by upper British classes to maintain world superiority. It says so in OS on the original title page. It is racist in the deepest sense.

Are you really that unfamiliar with the English language that was used at the time?

marke

So Piltdown Man was widely taught in schools, but none of the books have survived and you cannot even tell me the title of one?

Sounds like your creationist friends have made up some fabricated claims and you can't support then with any sort of evidence. Okay, that sounds like the usual creationist flimflam.

The textbooks are gone. Look up Piltdown in any old encyclopedia in a public library where they can still be read. You will be forced to admit that evolutionists promoted Piltdown as true science for nearly 50 years. Piltdown was brought up at the Scopes Monkey Trial and, like other evolutionist nonsense mentioned in that case, was later proven wrong by better scientific understandings.

Jose Fly

So regarding the Piltdown Man issue, I have to ask that question again that so far creationists won't answer.

Piltdown Man was a deliberate hoax, therefore.......?

marke

So regarding the Piltdown Man issue, I have to ask that question again that so far creationists won't answer.

Piltdown Man was a deliberate hoax, therefore.......?

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Piltdown provided decades of relief for those determined to believe evolutionist lies in spite of the scientific evidence to the contrary.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the supporting components of this 'blacks in cages' idea was that evolution was invented by upper British classes to maintain world superiority. It says so in OS on the original title page. It is racist in the deepest sense. This topic is so hot that it could not be touched on in period productions such as AMAZING GRACE even though obviously the radicals embarrassed the rich classes about the racism of slavery, and even though that is a popular cause today. Darwin said he thought perhaps in 1 or 2 centuries the weaker races would be eliminated from the human race. The German proto-Nazi philosopher Goethe (not the poet a century earlier) who formed Yosemite, UC Sacramento, and worked with Sanger in the Human Improvement Project in LA, at one point proposed the liquidation of the Myuk who lived in the Yosemite Valley.

This is why British opposition to the US Constitution was so intense and why German and British Ph.Ds continue to blast away at it. The Constitution proclaims a Creator, a creation and inalienable rights grounded in that, not a state. A state would be malleable and could shift it any which way racists want. In the 1860s the chair of Harvard Law interviewed and found a Ph.D from Europe who was steeped in OS enough to change all the language about law in Harvard's courses to evolutionary verbs such as evolve, survive, select, etc. That's all you need to know.

So those of you who oppose the ability of God as creator to speak anything into existence as he wishes--you are doing the racist work of the upper British classes originated through Huxley, Lyell, and Darwin.

Dear Interplanner,

Quite a remarkable and good post entry!! It's good to have you back posting on this thread. We need all of the theists and Christians we can muster here. I've been taking a hiatus from other threads now and posting in chrysostom's Thread {in the ...and the Rest section} right after the Religion section. I will post it here also. I think that would be helpful. See the following posts.

May Jesus Reside In Your Heart,

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :angel:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Everyone!! This is a very provocative post that I posted in Chrys' thread. It is my response to his abortion post:

Dear chrysostom,

I have my feelings about abortion also. I thought it was okay. But I asked the Lord what did He think, and He said He hates the abortion, but loves the woman regardless. That is the same with many sins. Keep love in your heart and head, and soul. Well, that is my response to abortion. I am totally against it, but I do love the women who do it nevertheless. Didn't Jesus forgive the harlot?? He forgave her and told her to not do it again. I don't have an active hate for anyone right now, except Satan. He is the one who is misleading everyone and heaping confusion on top of us.

He is quite full of wrath, for he knows there is not much time for him before he is locked up in the pit again. That place is inside the Earth, where the magma and lava steep and are extremely hot. The Earth is the 'bottomless pit' because it has a top, which everyone thinks they are on because of gravity, and a center, but no bottom. Thus, "bottomless pit.' But the Sun is hotter. And lightning is 4 or 5 times hotter than the Sun. The Sun is the Lake of Fire. I don't tell it to many and especially you. Do you know how many times you have started errant threads on this TOL. One, for instance, is you deciding, of your own thoughts, that the whore of Babylon is as you think and the kings are rulers of countries?

To be honest, information I have been given by the Lord is that, the great whore and Babylon IS that Great City which reigns over the kings of the Earth. See Rev. 17:18KJV. I was told that the city was Hollywood, similar to Babylon because of the city's whores, MALE and FEMALE prostitutes. Guys and Girls having to sell their bodies because they need money for food and drinks, etc. They heard that Hollywood/L.A. was the place to be, but it isn't. Also because of her broadcasting to the world by the media, movies, TV shows, music, books and magazines of ways that she/the city has. Such as causing the other cities to think murder is okay, and adultery, stealing/theft, torture, drug use, fornication, gluttony {from it's tasty commercials}, etc. Do you know that today's guys have sex with two women or more each weekend? They bring them home from the bar/lounge. That's not even half the story. Fornication means having sex with more than one woman in your life. That means, whoever you have had sex with should become your wife.

"And the woman/whore which you saw is that great CITY, which reigns over the kings of the Earth." And the 'seven kings' are certain SINS, like adultery being a 'king' whom the devil reigns over. And the 'ten kings' are the original seven kings, plus three new SINS or Kings that Satan rules/reigns over, which I know are the seven deadly sins, plus three more, which I believe are fornication, drugs, and smoking cigarettes, which is harder to repent from than you'd ever imagine. I've had to quit for God and I did it. Quitting smoking cigarettes is as rough as quitting heroin use. It is a tough, enormous problem, but it is not winning anymore. I've been put through many tests and I have learned much.

I never planned on telling you this, but you sure have come up with some whoppers with some of the threads you've posted. You're quite welcome to disbelieve me, because it might be easier on you. I hope you can handle what I've told you. I've checked out a few of your posts that were imagined by you, but I've thought to tell you otherwise, except realizing that you probably would rather not hear what I have to say. It would also take a lot of time explaining it all. And a lot of trust and believing me besides. I have written a book about my experiences which happened over many years, and the book is in the downtown Phoenix Library. It's been there since 2003 and has not been pulled from the shelves yet. You can also get a free "e-book' that costs nothing. If you want to know how to do it, let me know on my Creation Thread or else in a PM. Otherwise, you can go to Barnes & Noble, or Amazon.com. The name of the book is "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen." I'd rather you get it Free here. Otherwise it costs around $15 per copy. Just let me know in a PM where you would like me to tell you how to read it FREE!!

I will tell you here and now, after all. Go to:
www.jesusreturningverysoon.com

Once there, you will see my Avatar. On the left of the picture, left-click on the words "Book Copy." Then left-click on where it says "SKU-text2.pdf". Once there, you will find 2 blank Title Pages. They are there for autographs and for readers' notes. On the Third Page, you will find the Book Title. You can read it by flipping through the pages using your up and down arrow cursor keys. For some people, you have to use your left and right arrow cursor keys. OK, that's it. Any questions, just PM me. You can also download it onto your computer or printer, and get a copy that way. I'm not going to retype my book here. My book is, in part, my testimony of what I've seen and heard. You really know nothing about me or you wouldn't tax upon me so. I'm a child of God coming with my testimony to share with others. I do hope that I've explained all of this well enough.

We Learn, In God's Love And Patience, And Wisdom, chrys,

Michael

Last edited by MichaelCadry; Today at 02:11 AM.

www.jesusreturningverysoon.com

I do hope that you can all understand this post and that I explained everything okay. Any questions, just ask. If you want to PM me, that is fine also.

MC

Rosenritter

I was very careful in language to avoid making claims that all bones are remineralised, so you post was unnecessary.

The fact is that it is possible to date fossilised bones in multiple ways, and even absolutely with long half life radio dating. Why won't RATE look at the standard methods used when deep time is suspected? The only way to review the old dates is to use methods that could return long dates but don't rather than C14 that could never give a long date even if the samples were very old.
Similar reasoning is used to avoid carbon dating coal beds, but if dated they show as "young." That's why they were furious at the guy that sent dinosaur soft tissue for dating. It proves the assumptions wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.