Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

gcthomas said:
A search of the original 1914 copy of this book on Google Books does not reveal one use of the word 'Piltdown', so could you try again?

I should warn you, a while ago on this thread 6Days mentioned book after book from creationist websites (including this one) and bit one of them turned out to be a textbook promoting Piltdown Man. I suggest that you check the books first, as creationist sites are often economical with the actuatilé.

Incidentally, I claimed that Piltdown Man wasn't widely accepted, so to refute this you need to find a popular textbook.
Wow.... you have selective forgetfulness like Josefly suffers with.

GC... I listed about 6 different textbooks...not at all from "creationist websites". I even posted photocopies of the pages. I'm not positive but I think it was you who finally admitted that I was correct. (But with a 'so what' comment) Piltdown was a fraud used to promote evolutionary beliefs for many years. Fortunately good science helps dispel evolutionary just so stories, and some frauds.

marke

Piltdown man was never widely accepted and was relatively quickly challenged and rejected. I have never seen a textbook that relied on Piltdown to prove anything about evolution either.

Science at least set up to search out and correct misunderstandings and errors, with those scientists making the biggest changes getting the most feted.

Where in Christianity are those challenging unevidenced dogma welcomed and rewarded? Where is the religious self correction method?

Piltdown Man:

For forty years, this very sapient Piltdown Man inhabited a branch of the tree of human evolution, featured in professional articles and books, in newspaper reports, and even in biology textbooks read by high school students.

http://www2.clarku.edu/~piltdown/Preface&gratitude.html

marke

Piltdown man was never widely accepted and was relatively quickly challenged and rejected. I have never seen a textbook that relied on Piltdown to prove anything about evolution either.

Science at least set up to search out and correct misunderstandings and errors, with those scientists making the biggest changes getting the most feted.

Where in Christianity are those challenging unevidenced dogma welcomed and rewarded? Where is the religious self correction method?

Why are researchers who report evidence inconsistent with evolutionist story tales not heard? You tell me. Take the Piltdown hoax, for example. Charles Dawson and conspirators fabricated the Piltdown Man around 1910. Their supposed 'find' was heralded around the world and showcased for nearly 50 years with many people never questioning its authenticity. However, the rare human remains in the Cattedown caves nearby had been discovered more than 20 years earlier and there was barely a peep out of the scientific world driving the false science narrative so widely craved by the masse.

What was the problem with Cattedown? The human remains there were reported to be from 10,000 years to 140,000 years old, and that was much too old for evolutionists to make use of the find. More than 120 years after the important find, we still await any research findings from studying the remains, and researchers still mostly avoid the evidence uncovered there. That fact was clearly highlighted in a series of front page articles in the Plymouth Herald in April, 2007.

Why do we never hear from researchers who present evidence that conflicts evolutionist dogma? You should be able to figure that out, since the truth is so simple a schoolkid can see it.

marke

No one is dismissing anyone's credentials. In fact, when it comes to the RATE group everyone seems to be pretty up-front....the creationists have no credentials.

That seems normal. The evolutionists say creationist scientists are unqualified. Why? Because creationists present evidence and arguments that evolutionists cannot refute. That is not hard to figure out.

6days

redfern said:
6days said:
How can you NOT understand the difference between distance and time. My mom lives 2 hours away from me...What is the distance?
Why did you selectively omit the "How long it would take you to drive there" part of the question?
You seem like a "bright"... and maybe that is why you can't understand this simple concept.

You ask how long it would take... that is TIME. Time and distance are are not the same thing.

Last edited:

marke

I think it's important to make the status of this "debate" clear.

An ancient (at least millions of years) age for the earth has been effectively settled and accepted science for around two centuries now.

Untested speculations entirely based upon superficial observations of bare rocks were the foundation of what men now say became the scientifically established and settled dates for all to accept without question. Well, excuse me but excuse me from the gullible mob who have no desire to question 200 year old unsupported science fiction speculations.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yes... science helps confirm the truth of God's Word. (And science helps debunk the superstitious component of evolutionism)

You have that backwards, evolution is a fact, bible worship is misapplied faith, a form of idolatry. The people who killed Jesus wrote exaggerated stories about themselves, I take them with a grain of salt. The more we discover about our old earth and the universe the more YEC-ism must deny reality.

marke

A search of the original 1914 copy of this book on Google Books does not reveal one use of the word 'Piltdown', so could you try again?

I should warn you, a while ago on this thread 6Days mentioned book after book from creationist websites (including this one) and bit one of them turned out to be a textbook promoting Piltdown Man. I suggest that you check the books first, as creationist sites are often economical with the actuatilé.

Incidentally, I claimed that Piltdown Man wasn't widely accepted, so to refute this you need to find a popular textbook.

This is from the Columbia Encyclopedia, (first edition 1935, current edition 1956), Columbia University Press, Morningside Heights, New York:

"man, primitive, or early man. The Piltdown, Galley Hill and Swanscombe fossils discovered (1888-1935) in England in early Pleistocene strata seem remarkably modern in several respects, though Piltdown was found in association with eoliths, the crudest human artifacts known... Piltdown lacked the massive brow ridges..."

Evolutionists are not shy to present their flimsy and even phony scientific evidences as settled scientific facts if they can get away with it.

marke

God gives man mind and wisdom to discern truth apart from institutional religion and its writings.

So, is your wisdom 'from God' to be considered greater than that of those who believe God spoke the truth about everything in the Bible?

marke

Science only debunks the superstitious component of religion. The men who wrote the Bible weren't scientist, they speculated about origins which turned out to be wrong. Bible worshipers used the to reject Jesus.

Was the Bible right about Noah and the flood? Is the Bible right about God's creation of life and matter in the universe? If not, how do evolutionist or secularist geniuses explain science theories about origins which deliberately exclude God?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So, is your wisdom 'from God' to be considered greater than that of those who believe God spoke the truth about everything in the Bible?

Yes, it is for me. Many people believe things in the Bible because they are in the Bible not because they sound true. 6days once told me that if the Bible said that the moon was made of cheese then he would have to believe it because it's in the Bible. Noah's flood myth is just as difficult to comprehend.

redfern

... maybe that is why you can't understand this simple concept.

You ask how long it would take... that is TIME. Time and distance are are not the same thing.
Can we cut through this baby-talk and actually discuss whatever the issue is you have? A few posts back I said:
…A city is near you “in space” and you know how far away. Are you going to be confused by how long it would take you to drive there?
You replied:
…You seem to confuse 'distance' and 'time'. They are two separate things.
I assume you actually have some point you are trying to make, but I don’t know it is. I guess we need to go back to a Physics Class 1A primer – notice I specified “how far away” (distance), “driving there” (involves a speed), and “how long” (time). Did that really go over your head? You do understand there is a trivial mathematical relationship (equation) that relates speed, time, and distance?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Was the Bible right about Noah and the flood? Is the Bible right about God's creation of life and matter in the universe? If not, how do evolutionist or secularist geniuses explain science theories about origins which deliberately exclude God?

I believe that when the Hebrew priest rewrote the Bible in Babylon they attempted to trace their bloodlines back to Adam. Being unable to do so they decided to expand a local flood legend to drown the whole earth in its wickedness in order to fill the gap.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If Mr. Brown is going to make a claim about the distance between the moon and the earth 1.2 gya ago, then factors that would affect that distance are central to the issue. Are you saying there have been no significant changes in the land mass arrangement in over a billion years?
Those are assumptions. He is not required to assume the truth of the evolutionary history of the planet.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am now a YEC (Young Earth Creationist) and have changed some parts of my message here.

The sooner you believe the whole Bible, the better off you will be. Good start though.

How can this idiot thread have 20,000 posts? MC, who doesn't believe the Bible arguing with those that don't believe the Bible, over what the Bible says. Go figure. Only on TOL.

6days

redfern said:
...I guess we need to go back to a Physics Class 1A primer – notice I specified “how far away” (distance), “driving there” (involves a speed), and “how long” (time). Did that really go over your head? You do understand there is a trivial mathematical relationship (equation) that relates speed, time, and distance?
Great... We agree. Distance and time are two different things! That is what I stated to begin with. Perhaps you do need that primer course you mention?

How long it takes to drive any distance depends on many factors. Eg.. How many times I had to stop while the cop wrote out my speeding ticket.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The sooner you believe the whole Bible, the better off you will be. Good start though.

How can this idiot thread have 20,000 posts? MC, who doesn't believe the Bible arguing with those that don't believe the Bible, over what the Bible says. Go figure. Only on TOL.

Dear Nick M.

Well, I was gone for awhile from my thread and you decided you'd like to post, after all this time. What's it been? Three years; as long as I have been here?? So you like to use childishness to call me names, for example: idiot??

Yes, I do believe in the entire Bible. I also believe that the Creation took 6 days, and a day further, of rest, which God did, for man's sake, so that man might learn from His example. I know of one man who works 7 days a week. The remainder get one or two days off.

Nick, I am doing just fine. As you might expect, this 'idiot' does have a very successful thread because God is with it and those who post there are all welcome and an integrated part of all of it.

I came here actually believing in a sort of gap theory, and my good friend, 6days, convinced me that I was wrong, so I made the change gladly. Now, you must realize that many on this tread do not agree with me and they want to say that the Earth and man came to be by millions of years ago.

How many times did I try to befriend you earlier?? Twice that I remember. Hope you enjoy this thread as much as we do. There are those whose beliefs are different here, but we all learn together, and we enjoy a camaraderie on our different beliefs and on our same beliefs.

Welcome, Nick!!

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Nick M.

Well, I was gone for awhile from my thread and you decided you'd like to post, after all this time. What's it been? Three years; as long as I have been here?? So you like to use childishness, calling this an "idiot thread?"

Yes, I do believe in the entire Bible. I also believe that the Creation took 6 days, and a day further, of rest, which God did, for man's sake, so that man might learn from His example. I only know of one man who works 7 days a week. The rest of us get one or two days off.

Nick, I am doing just fine. As you might expect, this thread does have a very successful rate because God is with it and those who post here are all welcome and an integrated part of it.

I came here actually believing in a sort of gap theory, and my good friend, 6days, convinced me that I was wrong, so I made the change gladly. Now, you must realize that many on this thread do not agree with me and they still say that the Earth and man came to be by millions of years ago.

How many times did I try to befriend you earlier?? Twice that I remember. Hope you enjoy this thread as much as we do. There are those whose beliefs are different here, but we all learn together, and we enjoy a camaraderie on our different beliefs and on our similar beliefs.

You're Welcome Here, Nick!!

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.