ECT Created

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You realize that darkness is the absence of light. So that means God created light and then when the light was removed darkness ensued naturally. The same with peace and evil.

:nono:

Psalm 104:20 KJV

20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I disagree with this, God did not create evil.

God turning what is meant for evil, to good, doesnt in any mean He created evil.

Evil is an action, a state of being absent of God, who is all good and contains no darkness at all.

1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

If there is no darkness in God, wouldn't that naturally lead you to believe he created it just as he said?

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If there is no darkness in God, wouldn't that naturally lead you to believe he created it just as he said?

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The word there in the hebrew (rah) that was translated as evil, means disaster as a form of judgment in that verse by context itself. Even in the KJV itself, the word is also translated as trouble, calamity and affliction in other verses.

Isaiah 45:5-7 "I am the Lord, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; 6 That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other, 7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these,"

The NASB and NKJV translate as calamity, the NIV as disaster, and the RSV as woe (trouble).

The context itself has nothing to do with a moral sense.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The word there in the hebrew (rah) that was translated as evil, means disaster as a form of judgment in that verse by context itself. Even in the KJV itself, the word is also translated as trouble, calamity and affliction in other verses.

Isaiah 45:5-7 "I am the Lord, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; 6 That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other, 7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these,"

The NASB and NKJV translate as calamity, the NIV as disaster, and the RSV as woe (trouble).

The context itself has nothing to do with a moral sense.

So then you reckon evil is limited to moral right and wrong?

I submit that our own vanity, which is vexation of spirit is evil.

He who subjected us to this vanity is the one who sent his son to deliver us from it.

Not only that, but it is this vanity which makes you think you can water down the meaning of evil, thus delivering God from having been the one who created it.